Thread: Configuring Technicolor SIP

Banned

Thanks

Default Configuring Technicolor SIP

I have a Technicolor TG799-vac VDSL Max Gateway on my NBN FTTN connection. I note it has VoIP capability for several services. One of these is registered for my Telstra home phone, the others are unused.

I also have an Engin VoIP service presently using the Engin supplied Linksys VoIP router plugged into one of the ethernet ports on the Technicolor Gateway.

Would it be possible to program one of the unused SIP services on the Technicolor to handle the Engin service? Engin obviously use a different server to Telstra, does this present a hurdle? If it can be done how do I access the Technicolor Gateway to enter the Engin settings?

Any help gratefully accepted. Thanks.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

As far as I am aware, this should be possible.

Use the instructions for VOIP setup in the Owner's Manual.

If you don't have it, the manual is available for download at the manualslib website.

Naturally, you will need to know the SIP details for the Engin VOIP setup.....available from the Engin ATA (Analogue Telephone Adaptor you were using).

If you don't know how to access that, there are details available on the wonderful WWW. Use your favourite search engine.

• The Following User Says Thank You to tristen For This Useful Post:

Neddie (17-12-16)

Banned

Thanks

Thank you, I'll take a look. One further thing do you know if it is possible to backup the current settings of the Technicolor router, including passwords, so that I can restore them if I make a stuff up? If so could you or someone point me in the right direction, please.

Premium Member

Thanks

Read the manual.

Banned

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tristen View Post
    Read the manual.
    Thanks, Yes that is the obvious answer, however many searches have only turned up many other people also looking for the manual.
    The Quick Start Guide was the best I could come up with:
    Which doesn't show what I want.

The Telstra Crowd support site even turns up:
    Short answer is that there isn't one. The firmware is heavily customised by Telstra

I was asking here to see if someone either had one, or was a bit of a wiz and had worked it out.

I'll keep searching.
    Last edited by Neddie; 19-12-16 at 10:35 PM.

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

There is no manual.
    The best you'll get is the 'Quick Start Guide' and 'The NBN Guide For Your Home' booklets which come with your supplied modem.

There are Technicolor manuals around but they're not the same, because Telstra uses it's own firmware.

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteOx View Post
    There is no manual.
    The best you'll get is the 'Quick Start Guide' and 'The NBN Guide For Your Home' booklets which come with your supplied modem.

There are Technicolor manuals around but they're not the same, because Telstra uses it's own firmware.
    Yes, I realise that Telstra use customised firmware, but if the hardware is identical, the firmware/software must perform a similar function, hence my pointing to manuals on the manualslib website.

There is only one way to find out. They might be useful. This is the route I would take in a similar situation.