Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Finally lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteOx View Post
    It could be normal, it depends how far away from the node you are.
    Have you checked your modem stats?
    What is your Max Line Rate?
    Max line rate 57 mb/s
    Android TV boxes: Nvidia Shield U Box 4K, Rickomagic 808b, Rickomagic 802
    Raspberry Pi 2, Ouya
    AZbox Premium , dm8000 , VU+ Duo, Ultra Plus 900 and other none Linux boxes

Thanks

That's what I need to know....how far away I am from the node??? Optus is playing dumb and saying they have no idea and can't tell me how far away am I. Have 2 green node boxes not far away from my place...one is around 600 m and the other 700-800 m. With that distance I don't think I would have that much of a drop in speed. Called NBN and asked them as well how far my house is from the first available node and they told me that my provider has all the info. So who da F*** is lying hear and what's purpose of hiding the info from the customers?? But I am very determent and will find what's going g on.
    Last edited by novica; 12-05-17 at 07:55 AM.
    Raspberry Pi 2, Ouya

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by novica View Post
    Max line rate 57 mb/s
    32 is a bit slow, maybe it's a cvc issue - try doing a speed test in the off peak times.
    It's a pity Optus doesn't offer the 50/20 tier, it's a bit of a ripoff having to pay for 100/40 if you can't get near that speed.

• The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteOx For This Useful Post:

novica (12-05-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteOx View Post
    32 is a bit slow, maybe it's a cvc issue - try doing a speed test in the off peak times.
    It's a pity Optus doesn't offer the 50/20 tier, it's a bit of a ripoff having to pay for 100/40 if you can't get near that speed.
    sorry mate...whats CVC issue?
    Raspberry Pi 2, Ouya

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Have 2 green node boxes not far away from my place...one is around 600 m and the other 700-800 m. With that distance I don't think I would have that much of a drop in speed.
    Up to 400m from a node is generally OK.

Anything beyond that, especially in the 600m to 800m distance range will certainly suffer attenuation and affect speed.

The greater the distance, the worse the result is.

It all depends on the integrity of the copper run in the street... joints, repairs, bad pairs.... older cable in particular will suffer.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

novica (12-05-17)

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

sorry mate...whats CVC issue?
    Connectivity Virtual Circuit (CVC) is a virtual charge imposed by NBN to service providers to offload your traffic from the NBN network into the service provider’s network.

Basically capacity... if providers don't buy enough of it the pipes can become clogged.
    Pretty much like what happens on adsl when there's not enough bandwidth for the amount of users.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sail View Post
    I just took a call our NBN case manager to tell us a date has been set for work on the pit outside our place.
    If that goes okay they reckon the following week TPG will complete the installation.
    Oops I forgot to tell you NBN's date is the 18th May. Making this whole f%#*up a four month wait with no Internet. 😕
    THAT IS IF ALL GOES WELL BUT DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH. 😯
    (Or even happens on the 18th May) 🚽
    You guessed it! Thursday 18th May No show and no call. NBN case manager to get back to me by tomorrow night. F#*k will it ever be done?

Had a glimmer of hope yesterday when 40kph roadwork signs went up in our tiny street and portable driveway cross overs were left. BUT then realised this was for the whole street and water mains works about to begin.

Thanks

I've been getting letters in the mail from ISPs asking if I want to sign up as the NBN is coming to my neighbourhood soon. Honestly I've been on cable internet since the early 2000's, and with the amount of horror stories I see about the NBN there's no chance that I'll be signing up to that.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twisties View Post
    I've been getting letters in the mail from ISPs asking if I want to sign up as the NBN is coming to my neighbourhood soon. Honestly I've been on cable internet since the early 2000's, and with the amount of horror stories I see about the NBN there's no chance that I'll be signing up to that.
    You can only hold off for a maximum of 18 months once NBN is available at your address, then you have no choice... you either connect to NBN, or you lose your phone and internet access.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    You can only hold off for a maximum of 18 months once NBN is available at your address, then you have no choice... you either connect to NBN, or you lose your phone and internet access.
    Yeah but 18 months is a long time and all this disaster internet might be changed if it continues with so many problems. I'm like the op don't know what to do with so many horror stories. I mean i read that sky mesh and Aussie internet are the best 2 to join than i read Aussie is having problems also which leaves sky mesh. I want to get on the unlimited as that's what i have always been on, but the disaster stories about them also are worrying me.
    Then i read when nbn is available to join up straight away cause in 18 months when the normal one is turned off they will have too many to do and it will take ages to get it on.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by levend View Post
    Then i read when nbn is available to join up straight away cause in 18 months when the normal one is turned off they will have too many to do and it will take ages to get it on.
    ...As it is for us NOW!

At least now you can exist with your current connection until your application is set up. Better than 18 months and waiting.

Because we tried to relocate we were given no choice of a ADSL connection to use in the interim whilst they repaired the problem in the pit outside. Funny that there was no problem for neighbour going to Telstra NBN (Same pit) but out TPG one is still not hooked up after 4 months of waiting for an internet connection. (ANY TYPE)

Thanks

...As it is for us NOW!

At least now you can exist with your current connection until your application is set up. Better than 18 months and waiting.

Because we tried to relocate we were given no choice of a ADSL connection to use in the interim whilst they repaired the problem in the pit outside. Funny that there was no problem for neighbour going to Telstra NBN (Same pit) but out TPG one is still not hooked up after 4 months of waiting for an internet connection. (ANY TYPE)
    Have you tried cancelling the order and going through telstra for the shot term? Why do you insist on going with tpg? I hear so many bad reports. I know the unlimited cheap rate sounds good like my republics but if you are not getting anywhere with them might be time to move on.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by levend View Post
    Have you tried cancelling the order and going through telstra for the shot term? Why do you insist on going with tpg? I hear so many bad reports. I know the unlimited cheap rate sounds good like my republics but if you are not getting anywhere with them might be time to move on.
    TPG have given me good service for twenty years now so why change to a more expensive Helstra?

Besides TPG are not the problem but moreso NBN promising appointments and not turning up.

Thanks

TPG have given me good service for twenty years now so why change to a more expensive Helstra?

Besides TPG are not the problem but moreso NBN promising appointments and not turning up.
    Like you said telstra got the other people around you going np lol. Tpg has grown too much and they are the next telstra eg congestion problems. I was with TPG in my early years adsl 1 and i never had any problems and only moved on when they could't provide me with adsl 2 when it came out and still don't in my area.
    Iprimus has been my home for the last 2 years after internode which was too expensive for me and i have been happy with. The prices for NBN though have skyrocketed to 109 for the same service i'm getting now,That's why i don't know which way to go if i go nbn now.

Thanks

Are you up and running yet?

Thanks

Nope! Cable run to junction box on our units exterior wall and awaiting tech to finish / job inside.
    NBN have give the 21st July for this to commenced.
    If this even eventuates it will be 6 months of no Internet.
    A BLOODY JOKE.
    Four days ago I only had 60MB left on my TPG mobile to last me two weeks. Their solution was to upgrade my plan. WTF should I as it has always been sufficient. Would be nice if they could have given me extra due to being misled by them and NBN.
    ENOUGH I SAY AND TIO COMPLAINT TO BE LODGED TOMORROW. (FOR WHAT GOOD IT WILL DO)
    😬

Thanks

Nope! Cable run to junction box on our units exterior wall and awaiting tech to finish / job inside.
    NBN have give the 21st July for this to commenced.
    If this even eventuates it will be 6 months of no Internet.
    A BLOODY JOKE.
    Four days ago I only had 60MB left on my TPG mobile to last me two weeks. Their solution was to upgrade my plan. WTF should I as it has always been sufficient. Would be nice if they could have given me extra due to being misled by them and NBN.
    ENOUGH I SAY AND TIO COMPLAINT TO BE LODGED TOMORROW. (FOR WHAT GOOD IT WILL DO)
    😬
    Won't do anything as the work has started but why on earth did they start and not finish it?

Thanks

They will but not until the 21st July. The finishing is a different tech and has to be coordinated through TPG.
    LOL The NBN cannot work with their own subcontractors much less the ISP. 😬

Anyone know if the TIO can be of any use? I will enquire today after 10am dentist appointment. Phew only a checkup and nothing like the pain caused by this NBN stuff up. 😃

Edit: made a complaint via phone to the TIO and hope to have a result/answer by 5pm 20th June.
    Not going to hold my breath on any decent result but it's better than doing good nothing. 😵
    Last edited by sail; 05-06-17 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Extra

• The Following User Says Thank You to sail For This Useful Post:

levend (06-06-17)

Thanks

TIO complaint yielded result the same day. 😀
    I just took phone call from TPG and install has been moved from the 21st July to next Friday (9th June) between 1 and 5pm
    Not bad with it taking less than 5 hours to get NBN and ISP into action.
    Thanks to the TIO in shoving a cracker up their arses. 😑

• The Following User Says Thank You to sail For This Useful Post:

levend (06-06-17)

Thanks

Maybe you should have done that at the start lol

• Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast