Thread: H-H problem !!!

Thanks

Default H-H problem !!!

Hi ya all

Just wondering if anyone is able to point out the error of my ways here please

I have my main dish (85cm Ku) on a H-H motor & the other night when i turned it all off to swap over & check my 5410Z hummy it got a sad on & for some reason it looks like its swung all the way round to the limit on 1 side..

I made sure the decoder was off ( stand by ) then power switch @ rear to ensure NO power should have been running to the motor / lnb etc.

BUT still for some reason it stuffed up & now I need to get fine days to get back on the roof to set it all back up again..

anyone shed some light on "why" this is so ??

thanks all..

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Talking Gremlins.

Quote Originally Posted by *fergs* View Post
    Hi ya all

Just wondering if anyone is able to point out the error of my ways here please

I have my main dish (85cm Ku) on a H-H motor & the other night when i turned it all off to swap over & check my 5410Z hummy it got a sad on & for some reason it looks like its swung all the way round to the limit on 1 side..

I made sure the decoder was off ( stand by ) then power switch @ rear to ensure NO power should have been running to the motor / lnb etc.

BUT still for some reason it stuffed up & now I need to get fine days to get back on the roof to set it all back up again..

anyone shed some light on "why" this is so ??

thanks all..
    G'Day,
    One reason that occurs to me is that you may have had 22Khz on with your hummy. I've had this problem, and tore my hair out before I found the reason. Motor drive is supposed to be in the nulls of the 22Khz, but gets at cross purposes for some reason. May only happen with some STBs.
    Hope this solves your problem, otherwise we will have to look further.
    I doubt that you will need to get on the roof to fix.
    Another possibility is when saving Motor position, you did it in the first null position.
    Kindest Regards, " The Druid ".
    Last edited by beer4life; 31-08-08 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Retarted.

Thanks

sorry fergs, can't help you out...but I've had a similar situation with my str4652 & dg120. evrytime I go to use the usals function the motor swings all the way round to west.
    Democracy & Ignorance = A Winning Combination

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Cool DiSEqC.

Quote Originally Posted by osci View Post
    sorry fergs, can't help you out...but I've had a similar situation with my str4652 & dg120. evrytime I go to use the usals function the motor swings all the way round to west.

G'Day,
    I think you'll find it's where you saved a motor position in usals/Sat.
    Usually above your motor move control, you will have a position, null, 27, 28, 29,,,,, etc. If for whatever reason, you have saved one of your Sats with that null position before acquiring the Sat will cause that to happen. I'm trying to brush the cobwebs away and remember how I was able to recover.
    Kindest Regards, " The Druid ".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *fergs* View Post
    If your dish mounting didn't move, you shouldn't really have to get back up on a roof to fix it.
    Are you using USALS menu or just Desqc1.2? Maybe you had your USALS back to Northern hemisphear for some reason? You know when East is West and other way around?
    What happens when you send "Move to Zero" comand. Does it go to the North position at all? Do you still have your manual move comands hapening?
    Another thing is the motor can have positions saved, maybe they are corrupted in some way?

Thanks

Hi guys

thanks for the suggestions..
    Will look & check the 22 khz settings before i get any further..
    Only using Desqc atm / settings saved in hummy till i get the dish 100% to where it should be then i can set the X810 to usals.

I moved a 5400 out to test the 5410Z & it worked fine , but when i swapped them back it was $%^&&&^%$$$ so assume it must have been something in the settings of the 5410Z..