Thread: Crow Security and Protege Panels..

Thanks

Default Crow Security and Protege Panels..

Anyone had anything to do with the Crow Runner Series Panels and your thoughts..?.. Sedan Security are selling them just wondering if anybody has used them

Also the Protege Panels are they just as good as a Concept Or Challenger panel seems they are cheaper but seems they can do the same thing..?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Ive had the miss fortune to program the Crow Runner panel, not the easiest to follow. I have used a few of the Crow Powerwave panels & to be honest i don't mind them. Very easy to program compared to the Runner. Others may disagree but i personally don't like it.

The only good thing about the Runner is the blue LCD screen on the keypad instead of the Powerwave green.

Thanks

just be careful with what the book says as defaults for the runners. sometimes there wrong to what its supposed to be or pretty stupid. If theyve got the 'defaulted for australia' sticker on the front theyre ok. but lots of options for a larger 16 zone system

also the led keypads are shit, unless your in a very dark room you cannot see the lights

Thanks

I've has a play with the Protege stuff, seems too be pretty good. They say the system is capable of handling more devices than a concept system and the software can handle multiple control pannels and seems relitively easy to set up. It has a lot of similaritys to concept in the way things work.

One thing to note that i didn't think was very good is the terminals on the modules. They're cheap looking screw terminals and aren't pluggable like tecom and concept.

They tell me the hardware is very reliable and it does have a lot of saftey features and protection built in to the circiutry. Everything has ptc's on it and they use an isolated lan system like on the concept inteligent 4 door controllers.

The pricing structure also looks comparable to concept. We will be using it on a couple of small sites in the near future for a trial run.

Thanks

Also, just be carefull with the pricing because it seems that enclosures and power supplies are sold seperately as their are several different options available.

Thanks

yeh i have now Installed a Crow RUnner Series seems to be pretty easy was a pain coz had 16 zones so had to Join the zones together eg zone 1 to 9 etc..

Thanx for your Inputs..

Thanks

Just be aware that Zone doubling or split EOL (ie; joining zone 1 and 9 together) "doesnt" meet A/S

We promote installations to A/s and stick to them, this is how we beat the 295 / 600 and giveaway systems

Quality / vs quantity, but that's how I work, alot of others are just after the quick buck, no after sale service and NO accountability!

They don't last long round here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manicretep View Post
    Just be aware that Zone doubling or split EOL (ie; joining zone 1 and 9 together) "doesnt" meet A/S
    I'll bite, can you provide the relevant standard and clause, because I think you're wrong.

Thanks

Default Crow Runner

I have installed over 1500 Crow alarm panels over the past 5 years and was a bit sceptical about changing to the Runner. I sat in on the course (not all Crow Distributors do them) and installed my first one with ease. More programming but thats because it has more features.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mazl View Post
    I have installed over 1500 Crow alarm panels over the past 5 years and was a bit sceptical about changing to the Runner. I sat in on the course (not all Crow Distributors do them) and installed my first one with ease. More programming but thats because it has more features.
    Good, when you figure out how to do the voice module feature to your mobile let me know. Found this easer on the Powerwave.

Thanks

have u guys tried to use the software to program the runners?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tech09 View Post
    have u guys tried to use the software to program the runners?
    Nope, don't really come across them that often anyway.

Thanks

Default crow runner

I also have installed many crow panels, mainline has great support, not sure about sedan, should be o.k., there is not perfect panel, but the crow has proven to be reliable and easy to configure compared to many.The old das dl series was great and so was edm, especially for domestic and small business, concept of course has been great over the years for larger installs -genesis is more difficult but very adaptable and again not for smaller installs -so I'm investigating the protege as many large houses have more than one area these days and the end user finds the crow difficult to control areas (unlike the concept) also the runner has been forced on us (last years crow panel range no longer avail.) and people do not find the blue screen easy to read (i use the green one), there are other issues with the crow -especially the low battery reporting problem, but it's still better than many other panels imo. I would love to receive feedback on the protege.
    cheers