Thread: A Banking Comparison

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Default A Banking Comparison

Just thought I would post this out of interest

I have 2 credit cards , one with the National , one with the Commonwealth , both for the same amount. I recently decided to change both of them to Low Interest card accounts.

I started by ringing the Commonwealth. The call was answered promptly and I was speaking to a human within a couple of minutes. He was friendly and helpful , and had the issue sorted out within 10 minutes. There was no need for the card to be replaced.

I then rang the National. I had to wait 5-10 minutes and spoke to someone who demanded to know my telephone banking code. When I told him I do not use telephone banking , he told me that he could not help me until I had a telephone banking pin. I then had to sit through 15 minutes of bullshit to have one setup , something I will never use again. I cant even remember what it is

He then droned on that I cannot change it to a low interest account and that they would have to send me a new card to do it. I had to agree as he droned that it was the only way it could be done. I advised him that I had an internet banking account for the credit card and would this effect it in any way as this is the method I use for payment and they were giving me a new card. No , it would not make any difference he said. All up I was on the phone for well over 30 minutes.

A week later , I go to login to internet banking only to find the account no longer exists and I cant make a payment. Beauty......I'm glad I got that assurance off him.

Two days after payment due date for the sum of $44 , the National rang my home and mobile phones a total of 11 times between 9:15PM and 10:00PM. I didnt answer the calls ( machine got the first ) as I was interested to see just how harrasing this bank was and apart from that I have no interest in speaking to a bank at that time of night. They continued the following day with a volley of calls prior to 8AM and continued throughout the day.

I sent them a message through my savings account internet banking ( secure login of course ) asking for it to be reactivated and they replied advising that I would have to ring them to have it dealt with for security reasons

I gave up and had to drive down to the bank to pay it. No point ringing.....imagine the drama when they would have asked for my telephone banking code.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

yeah national
    I was late a with a credit card payment as I changed accounts and had it set to auto pay thorugh the one I closed .
    I got this ph call at 8:45 at night and it was them , was not even a person , it was a recorded message and I had to 'promise' the recorded voice i would pay it within 5 days by pressing 3 or something
    absolutely bloody ridiculous