Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 4G Phablet - INTERNATIONAL VERSION 3GB RAM + 32GB ROM

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    I agree.....

The Battery is great
    Screen is fine
    CPU is all you need

If they get a Camera on par with the Flagship models, Better Reception and Longevity, they have won the war!

For $200 i'm happy (an mine ended up being Free)
    Sure beats paying $1240 for a Google Pixel from JB and having it break with-in 5 months, needing total replacement.
    Sad to say my Note 4 has gone!

To a good home I should mention. Never wanted to sell it (Even after getting the Xiaomi A1) but a mate lost his phone overseas and needed a phone quickly.

After setting it up for him it reminded myself what a great phone this was as I had forgotten with excitement of getting the A1

Highly recommended phone.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

They were on sale for $168 last week at Gearbest with free delivery
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks

They were on sale for $168 last week at Gearbest with free delivery
    Saw that and then it quickly went out of stock and $284. LOL

Got $180 for mine plus a couple of covers thrown in. Oh and 3 hours of talking to Helstra for him. Long story but lost phone/SIM was under his business name and not his. He just sold business and didn't know that. LOL He just changed his car rego to his name and had to pay stamp duty on that.

The rush was due to house move today and applying for a Bendigo (Bank) Telco SIM which could arrive this week. Better paying them than Helstra.

Check out their rates...

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sail View Post
    Saw that and then it quickly went out of stock and $284. LOL
    Nope

Here is one for $207 Free Delivery right now:

It was $168 on sale
    Last edited by ol' boy; 15-01-18 at 02:50 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks

Nope

It was $168 on sale
    Thank God you edited/changed it. The first example was saying this...

"Xiaomi Redmi 4X smartphone was launched in February 2017. The phone comes with a 5.00-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 720 pixels by 1280 pixels"

Anyway at $207 it is a great buy for those wanting great budget phone.

Thanks

Nope

It was $168 on sale
    Choose black and even cheaper, more than $10 dollars cheaper LOL

Premium Member
    Thanks

Yep, they cheap as, no one wants them....

Thanks

Yep, they cheap as, no one wants them....
    17 million sold on release in India. Along with Gearbest being out of stock the other week.(Discontinued)

They are selling exceptionally well world wide making Xiaomi the third biggest phone manufacturer in the world.

Or others rate them number 7 and with the Redmi Note 4 leading the charge.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Default Long Term Review - Almost 3 years with the Redmi Note 4

Well, its time to move on, the handset is starting to do some weird things, mainly "Ghost Touch"...
    The Battery now only last 3/4 of a day (to be expected from any phone that is 3 years old i guess)

But my long term review is WOW!!!!
    For a phone that literally cost me nothing, it hasn't skipped a beat.
    Its run every app, its been bashed around, dropped multiple times, lived in a nail bag, work pants pocket and after almost 3 years doesn't even have a single scratch on it and the screen is perfect!

And still my only small gripe is the Photo quality which can be amazing in good light to average in poor light.
    But ultimately, if you're not printing them into 10x8 who cares!
    The Audio when recording videos is also crap.....

But everything else has been fine!
    Great for General Phone use, Browsing, GPS, Navigation and Media playback.

So here comes my next big conundrum....

Buy a Flagship Phone $1200+
    Buy Mid Tier Phone $250 to $600 (Oppo or Mid Tier Samsung)
    or.....
    Buy a Redmi Note 8 for $179 with 12 month warranty (vastly improved camera, screen, cpu, ram, audio)

I bought a second hand Samsung Note 9 for $600 (The most ive ever paid for a phone, especially one with 2 year old tech)
    And after having it for a few days, it is hardly the Flagship people say they are/were....
    Horrible phone speakers that deliver terrible Audio. Too many options. Its as Heavy as a brick! No Infa Red blaster.... No more Pub TV changing channels

I know the Samsung Note 9 has a better camera, screen, cpu, etc..... But is it 3 times better than the Redmi Note 8? or Redmi Note 4 for that matter..

Food for thought......
    I actually bought a brand new Oppo A7X for $270 and returned it for the Samsung Note 9

I think both the new Oppo or a new Redmi Note 8 would make a great smartphone and wouldn't hesitate to own one, for $179 brand new, how can you go wrong?

Would make a great spare phone with a 365 day pre paid SIM in it.
    ALDI $99 365 Day account and Redmi Note 8 for $179.... What a bargain in my view!!!

Here is a Spec Comparison between the phones discussed:
    Last edited by ol' boy; 03-02-20 at 07:46 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ol' boy View Post
    Well, its time to move on, the handset is starting to do some weird things, mainly "Ghost Touch"...
    The Battery now only last 3/4 of a day (to be expected from any phone that is 3 years old i guess)

But my long term review is WOW!!!!
    For a phone that literally cost me nothing, it hasn't skipped a beat.
    Its run every app, its been bashed around, dropped multiple times, lived in a nail bag, work pants pocket and after almost 3 years doesn't even have a single scratch on it and the screen is perfect!

And still my only small gripe is the Photo quality which can be amazing in good light to average in poor light.
    But ultimately, if you're not printing them into 10x8 who cares!
    The Audio when recording videos is also crap.....

But everything else has been fine!
    Great for General Phone use, Browsing, GPS, Navigation and Media playback.

So here comes my next big conundrum....

Buy a Flagship Phone $1200+
    Buy Mid Tier Phone $250 to $600 (Oppo or Mid Tier Samsung)
    or.....
    Buy a Redmi Note 8 for $179 with 12 month warranty (vastly improved camera, screen, cpu, ram, audio)

I bought a second hand Samsung Note 9 for $600 (The most ive ever paid for a phone, especially one with 2 year old tech)
    And after having it for a few days, it is hardly the Flagship people say they are/were....
    Horrible phone speakers that deliver terrible Audio. Too many options. Its as Heavy as a brick! No Infa Red blaster.... No more Pub TV changing channels

I know the Samsung Note 9 has a better camera, screen, cpu, etc..... But is it 3 times better than the Redmi Note 8? or Redmi Note 4 for that matter..

Food for thought......
    I actually bought a brand new Oppo A7X for $270 and returned it for the Samsung Note 9

I think both the new Oppo or a new Redmi Note 8 would make a great smartphone and wouldn't hesitate to own one, for $179 brand new, how can you go wrong?

Would make a great spare phone with a 365 day pre paid SIM in it.
    ALDI $99 365 Day account and Redmi Note 8 for $179.... What a bargain in my view!!!

Here is a Spec Comparison between the phones discussed:
    Value for money I still recommend the Xiaomi Mi A3 and for that matter even my old A1.

I still use my A1 as a monitor for my Xiaomi CCTV camera. LOL I ain't no Xiaomi fan boy troll but haven't had any problems so far with their phones(earlier problem was my fault so I don't count that) but a friend I sold an old phone to did. Anyway the problems emanated from his lack of knowledge and refusing to come to me to show him what he was doing wrong and then listening to rip off so called techs.

The old A1 and the new A3 both have great battery time.(Days) The A3 cameras are better than the A1 but it did a couple of OS trips without and problems in that department or the WiFi usage. Off again March and to test the A3 but do not envisage any problems.

So why pay an arm and a leg for a Flagship phone?

EDIT: Apologies. I thought I was responding to my thread on the Xiaomi Mi A3 and not an old one of mine.
    Last edited by sail; 04-02-20 at 12:03 PM.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Just as a question, did you try the redmi out in rural areas that required a telstra "blue tick" phone to work? I purchased a cheap phone that covered all the bands for my provider and ended up replacing it with a blue tick phone because it was flaky, at best, in my town. (60km from the nearest "big smoke")
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Just as a question, did you try the redmi out in rural areas that required a telstra "blue tick" phone to work? I purchased a cheap phone that covered all the bands for my provider and ended up replacing it with a blue tick phone because it was flaky, at best, in my town. (60km from the nearest "big smoke")
    Never had the opportunity to do so with the Redmi.
    I have had with the Xiaomi Mi A3 and good reception.

PS: That is if Venus Bay qualifies as such an area.

Premium Member
    Thanks

I live full time in rural areas
    Redmi Note 4 worked as any other phone would.
    I was often side by side with a Samsung S7
    We experienced the exact same results when it came to coverage and signal.

In saying that, 2 Optus accounts

I'm considering running Dual Sims in my new phone (1 x Boost, 1 x Optus) to mitigate black spots...

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Premium Member
    Thanks

Things you miss about a Redmi product

Simple Vanilla Android (for the most part)
    3 Finger swipe Screenshot
    I.R. Remote for any TV

And i'm sad to report, a second hand Samsung Note 9 has just as shit battery after 12 months

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Optarse has been less than satisfactory in our area. Mostly Telstra is the only provider that works here. Vodafone, you had to stand outside on your left hand with your right leg behind your left ear whilst you right leg was out the back behind the rainwater tank just to get a signal. Optarse was better than that, but not much.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

Optarse has been less than satisfactory in our area. Mostly Telstra is the only provider that works here. Vodafone, you had to stand outside on your left hand with your right leg behind your left ear whilst you right leg was out the back behind the rainwater tank just to get a signal. Optarse was better than that, but not much.
    Not wanting to use Helstra with its rip off prices I recently changed to Aldi. Cheap and uses the Helstra network. Myself and three others changed and are very pleased with service. Two of those people were being slugged over $59 each per month by Helstra and now pay $15 each per month.

• The Following User Says Thank You to sail For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (06-02-20)

Thanks

Agree.....Aldi is good. Wife is on $15 plan which works well for her compared to expensive plans from Telstra

• Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456