Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Vic police have the green light to charge george pell with sexual abuse

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,962 Times in 9,059 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    Regardless if Pell was directly abusing children himself or not, he protected those in the church who he knew were.
    Therein is the concern for me. He'll be a scapegoat IF found guilty, and all the politicians, judges, police and other senior clergy who also MUST have known will get a free pass...
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

DB44 (18-05-17),OSIRUS (18-05-17)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Don't try to tell me politicians didn't know, or police, or social workers....it was a different time with different rules and conventions.
    Maybe allover will read this, he seems to have skipped over post 7 completely.

As I said, lets have no whipping boy to make an example of, charge everyone - the parents who did not report it to police (and continued to force their children to church and Sunday school), the police who didn't bother making reports when told, the complicit police hierarchy who protected them (this has already been documented) and then every single person with any superior roll in the church.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

I think perhaps allover may have misunderstood your post, admin... taking it as you were saying don't pursue Pell, when I read it as don't just pursue Pell, but him along with all the others who failed to protect the children, which you've now clarified.

Administrator
    Thanks

Therein is the concern for me. He'll be a scapegoat IF found guilty, and all the politicians, judges, police and other senior clergy who also MUST have known will get a free pass...
    Agreed... this is the tragedy, as these atrocities were covered up by those up to and including the highest levels of those who should be protecting children.

Unfortunately what was done then can't be undone, but at least more care is taken these days and there is increased likelihood of offenders being detected, reported and prosecuted, but sadly, some still fall through the cracks.

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post
    At Torquay SLSC, they had to get the President to throw Dear George out of the change rooms whilst the boys were changing, he was threatened his head was going to change shape if he returned, ahh you got to love the proactive attitude of Surf Life Saving Clubs, makes me proud to be associated
    Proud ? LOL. I bet you just as many kids have been molested in SLSC as anywhere else that is high risk (ie, naked children).

To the above, from the ABC (as you dont believe much else unless it suits the argument). And no, it was not the President of the club.

Local businessman Les Tyack

"I said, 'Hi George', and at that time he was towelling, had the towel going across his shoulders drying his back, but he was facing three young boys standing about three or four metres across from him," Mr Tyack told 7.30.

He thought it was "a little strange", but he put his gear onto the bench and had a shower.

"I was in the showers for probably five to 10 minutes and when I came out the boys had got dressed," Les Tyack said.

"But Pell just had the towel over his right shoulder, still facing the boys, and the boys were looking at him, there was no communication between them, but Pell was looking at the boys they were looking at him."

"I immediately thought this is not right, there is something amiss here."
    Now, apart from people were naked in a changing room, where is the complaint to the police ? Or anything else for that matter ? And no, the president who isn't the President did not threaten to "change the shape of his head", he threatened to call the police if he saw Pell at the SLSC again. And did he ? No. Club records show George Pell was a member of the club for many years and he has publicly stated that it was his practice to holiday every summer in Torquay during the period.

Now if George Pell is some sort of serial child molester as you claim, Mr Les Tyack should be immediately charged shouldn't he ?

At the time Mr Tyack did nothing more, but after hearing other allegations about clergy in the Royal Commission last year, he decided to report the Torquay incident because if there were other potential victims of George Pell it might form part of a "dossier" for police.
    And where are the potential victims ? Pell must be the worse serial pedophile in the world, a member of a SLSC for years and didn't bother molesting anyone ?

As I have said, when they bring on some real proof that Pell is a pedophile I will join the howling and snarling hordes screaming for his head...with pleasure. But until then, I will stick with being someone who actually believes in the legal system being operated in a correct manner, unlike the way almost everything else has been hijacked by leftist lunatics.

And if we allow the snarling hordes control of law by hysteria, we might as well give up on democracy in this country.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (18-05-17),DB44 (18-05-17),lsemmens (18-05-17),OSIRUS (18-05-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,471 Times in 1,531 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    Regardless if Pell was directly abusing children himself or not, he protected those in the church who he knew were.
    Exactly, he is just as bad if not worse than the other predators.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Exactly, he is just as bad if not worse than the other predators.
    Worse than the guys who actually stuck their dicks into kids? Get real. His refusal to listen and take action is not the same, although reprehensible.

The mob just want to lynch someone....and the more Catholic the better. Of course we are now seeing the Church of England embroiled in this as well, and probably every other church you can name.

Anyway, all he has to do in this softc*ck latte left run country is convert to Islam and he won't even be charged.....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,471 Times in 1,531 Posts

Worse than the guys who actually stuck their dicks into kids? Get real.
    Rude,crude and uncalled for not the sort of comment you'd expect from a moderator! I am real, you as well as me dont know what he did to these children, cover up after cover up to hide his own guilt.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Rude,crude and uncalled for not the sort of comment you'd expect from a moderator! I am real, you as well as me dont know what he did to these children, cover up after cover up to hide his own guilt.
    Oh puhleeze..its a tad rude sure but thats all. Your blaming of Pell for everything is absurd. He wouldn't have had a clue about most of it, just like the PM doesn't have a clue about the day to day machinations of government, or a CEO has about the day to day mechanics of a company.

You just want the mob to lynch PELL, and by doing so most of the real evil doers will slide away while we all feel smug and justified. He hasn't even been tried and convicted of anything yet and already you have all the answers. Perhaps we can just skip the courts and find the nearest tree.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Death to all pedo's!
    A nice piece of useless virtue-signalling whilst ignoring the issues raised.

I should add that I class myself as an agnostic. I do, however, object to the fanatical way some of our more "progressive" media pursues the Christian Church. At the same time ignoring the primitive barbarism practiced by some of the followers (no, not all of them) of the religion of peace. It is also interesting that there seem to be few if any incidents coming to light today, unlike the stories of child marriages and female circumcision happening now which seem to grace the pages of our newspapers with depressing frequency. The Christian Church does have a lot to answer for, but this doesn't justify a witch-hunt.

The man hasn't even been charged, let alone convicted. If he is guilty he will get no sympathy from me.

Quote Originally Posted by allover
    OK, how about the Herald Sun
    Unfortunately we will never know as there is no extradition laws with the Vatican, and George doesn't seem to want to return home
    Time will tell
    The problem is not that news is covered, it is the way that it is covered. To quote the last paragraph of that story:

There has been no evidence that he knew of Ridsdale’s offending.
    The ABC and Fairfax often don't seem to care very much about little things like evidence.

As for extradition, the man has not been charged and has, at least so far, co-operated with the Royal Commission and with the Police Investigation, including being interviewed by the Police. Talk of extradition is just sheer speculation. The man has neither been charged nor asked to return to face charges. i can't predict what he may do if asked to return, or if Australia requested his extradition. Even if he himself wasn't keen on returning it would be very damaging to the Church if he did not. It is certainly far from a foregone conclusion that the Vatican would shelter him in these circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick (again)
    Taking offense to yet again avoid addressing the issues raised. And you undermine the whole basis of your position such as it is when you admit you "dont know".
    Last edited by DB44; 18-05-17 at 03:32 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (18-05-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

But , if the Victorian Police have been given approval to lay charges , there must be some reason for it. Surely there must be evidence they know about which hasnt been released?? It would be very embarrassing if they go down this path without solid evidence.

When i was at school there were a few Patrician Brothers who just loved watching us shower after the Colorcomp football. they used to say it was to make sure us kids wiped ourselves properly. yeah , sure ...good old Brother Martin is in jail now . they never did anything to me so i wasnt affected but i did know it wasnt right. as has been mentioned earlier these people in charge of kids were held in high regard and nobody would dare question thier behaviour.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

• The Following User Says Thank You to allover For This Useful Post:

mtv (18-05-17)

Premium Member

Thanks

lsemmens (31-05-17)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

It will be interesting if the VP do decide that he has a case to answer.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

If he goes to trial HE WILL BE FOUND GUILTY BY THE ZEALOT JURORS even if he did not touch anthing.
    Many Year Ago after I had My Heart attack I had Problem with my Low Blood Pressure and mainly the first summer after the Attack So I was told by my doctor to spend time in a place that is cool or Cold such as Shopping Center but this was not Cold enough so I go the Idea to got to court and sit in a Public Gallery as most courts are Very Very Cold so what I did was sit a few Cases and I asked the Sheriff of what ever his position is Is It Illegal to do this? He said NO As if you are needed to go out side the Judge will tell you to go out side or better still you will see the sign CLOSED COURT.
    After Getting experience of this I sat on a few Drug Cases but got sick of them so one day I sat for a Child sex case, (Easy to find, Once you go into the Court look to the Left or right and you will see a Court List with the Person Name and Court Number so you take note of this and Hunt the Court Room and look through the Window and if you see a man from 40 to 90 years Old you can bet you it a Child Sex Case.
    I don't know if its Illegal to Talk about cases ( I have learn't a Lot) but the Prosecutor in one case Acted Disgracefully and Shock the Jurors by saying in the Opening Statement the young girl Virginity was Broken by a full penetration (Hyman Broken) by the defendant but one day passed and it was the witnesses turn and the Medical Doctor at the Children Hospital that Examined the Girl said "The Hyman was found to be Intact" and after this one Juror challenge the Prosecutor this and the Judge told him to sit down and if you want to ask a question put your hand up and the Bailiff or Sheriff will talk to you and say to you put your question on paper and the Bailiff or whatever will hand this paper to the Judge.
    Now this dude was bothered what the Prosecutor was Doing I KNEW EXACTLY WHAT HE WAS DOING BECAUSE I SAW THIS ACTION BEFORE ON OTHER CASES and after a Slanging match between this smart man and the Smart Prosecutor full of tricks the Judge Said RISSSSSEEEEEE!! and everyone in the Court Rises and the Judge said Jury Dismissed.

Now Next Day I arrive to the same Court, The same Judge The same Prosecutor, The Same Defendant Team The same defendant The same Mr 672a out the Back BUT a NEW JURY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
    Well The Prosecutor start again but this time he Change the Story by saying the Defendant tried to get his Penis in but it would not fit in so he did other things so by this he did not contradict what the Doctor said.
    NO ONE IN THE COURT ever told what happened the Day Before and after 3 days of seeing this trickier I walked out just Before the Verdict was Said but days later I rang the Court and they told that Mr so in so was Found GUILTY of ALL CHARGES and I sat there and saw Nothing that was any evidence what so every NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! Two Department Of Child Safety Women did their bit of trying to sink the defendant by saying the child showed signs that she was abused and some GROOMING BIT (this bit is found in the Child Safety Training Manual but the Barrister was right on this) And the Defense Barrister Shut that person up.

He was Found Guilty and the same will happen with 99% of people Charged with these references. Like I said before The Barristers call this a "RUNAWAY TRAIN" Trials so one the Train starts it becomes UN-stoppable to make it go away (Favorite Phrase from Barristers)

Try it guys Spend days on end in the Court and if you are smart you will see what Trickier is used by the Cess Pool full of money Prosecutors that have a bottomless pit of money to skew the Defentant team that is payed by your money

Premium Member

Thanks

And here we go

OSIRUS (29-06-17)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 958 Posts

I think the Police and the prosecutors involved are making sure Cardinal Pell is treated like any other Sex offence person being charged

that being the case I hope Cardinal Pell gets some very good legal advice ..... because I think he will need it
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

Administrator
    Thanks

I think they are not treating him like anyone else. Anyone else would not be charged as there is little to no evidence.

But the howling left are looking for a whipping boy and like everything these days, when the lefty's start their campaigns governments give in to them everytime.

If Pell was convicted on the evidence they have produced so far, every person in this country should be very very concerned because in a nutshell it means that we are sending people to jail based on loony left social media campaigns of hate.

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (29-06-17),DB44 (29-06-17),enf (29-06-17),lsemmens (29-06-17),mtv (29-06-17),OSIRUS (29-06-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

I'm no fan of the Catholic Church but I won't blame him at all if he doesn't return to the People's Republic of Victoria to face this Inquisition.

• The Following User Says Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (29-06-17)

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    If Pell was convicted on the evidence they have produced so far, every person in this country should be very very concerned because in a nutshell it means that we are sending people to jail based on loony left social media campaigns of hate.
    Unfortunately, that's exactly what has been happening now for many years.

There are lots of innocent people (mostly men) who have been convicted by juries with no substantiating evidence.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (29-06-17)

• Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast