Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Vic police have the green light to charge george pell with sexual abuse

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,062 Times in 9,090 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    I still do not understand the reason for the gag order, if anything it is more harmful IMHO than letting the press have the usual feeding frenzy
    Yeah could be.

On the other hand I'm not sure I'm quite comfortable with ANYONE getting chewed on by the rabid dogs in the press until all processes have been exhausted.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Yeah could be.

On the other hand I'm not sure I'm quite comfortable with ANYONE getting chewed on by the rabid dogs in the press until all processes have been exhausted.
    Thats really hurtful to rabid dogs, comparing them to our betters in the media...........expect a knock @ the door from the RSPCA

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

I agree alpha one. Speculation, to me, can only hurt any case rather than the facts. The only rule I would create. Report that (inset name here) has been arrested in relation to (insert crime here). Then, and only when, a person has been found guilty, can ALL the facts of the case be brought forward. Whilst a case is before the courts a gag order on all names should be in place although the information of the facts should, possibly, be publicised. If, at the end of the day, the accused is found innocent, then, it is up to the accused if the verdict and their identity is ever publicised.

Whether Pell is guilty, or not, he has very little chance of an unbiased jury, given the profile of this case.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,467 Times in 958 Posts

George Pell has been found guilty of child sex offences

Cardinal George Pell was last year convicted of sexually abusing two choirboys in 1996, but the Victorian County Court has not allowed media outlets to report the verdict before now.

Pell is Australia's most senior Catholic cleric and he now faces the prospect of prison time.

His five-week trial ended last December, when a jury found Pell guilty of sexual penetration of a child under 16, as well as four counts of committing an indecent act with, or in the presence, of a child.
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OSIRUS For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (27-02-19),ol' boy (26-02-19)

Thanks

Default Surprise (NOT)

Quote Originally Posted by OSIRUS View Post
    George Pell has been found guilty of child sex offences

Cardinal George Pell was last year convicted of sexually abusing two choirboys in 1996, but the Victorian County Court has not allowed media outlets to report the verdict before now.

Pell is Australia's most senior Catholic cleric and he now faces the prospect of prison time.

His five-week trial ended last December, when a jury found Pell guilty of sexual penetration of a child under 16, as well as four counts of committing an indecent act with, or in the presence, of a child.

Jesus loves the little children - come on all, sing along, Jesus .........

Religion, opium for the masses.
    Buy cheap and pay often, - there is no substitute for stupidity.

You wipe your bum after each crap, why don't you clean your teeth after every meal?

There is no shame in being uneducated nor in being stupid.
    The true shame lies in knowing that you are and doing nothing about it.

Only the living worry about dying.

To the tobacco addicts - Smoke more and die sooner, so I can breathe fresh air. Thank you.

Education is the only sure cure for religion

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ma_Baker View Post
    Religion, opium for the masses.
    Not anymore. That title belongs to mind numbing social media IMO.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (26-02-19),Jma (26-02-19)

Banned
    Thanks

While I can understand his court case being suppressed, we should have known he was actually charged with kiddie fiddling. Up to know in Australia we had been informed he was only charged with covering up historical actions of others but not kiddie fiddling himself.

If it had been anyone else we would have known he had been charged.

• The Following User Says Thank You to garrycol For This Useful Post:

enf (26-02-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Not anymore. That title belongs to mind numbing social media IMO.
    The dirge of the modern world IMHO

Too bad we didn't have someone like Tommy Robinson outside the court reporting on Pell's trial, looks like the catholic's get the same media suppression as the cult of peace

• The Following User Says Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

enf (26-02-19)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

It's not just the religion of peace and catholics. ALL christian reigions that seem to have an issue as well....some of the stuff in recent times about other christian schools is almost chilling.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Looks like my friends from Ballarat School weren't making it up
    He touchy touchy!

Although i know they didn't testify, because they did not want to hurt thier family or children (whom are now young adults)

The big shame in all this, is the many that have been sexually abused by lesser people, and those grubs were never worth chasing, because they were just common garden variety kiddie fiddlers and anal penetrators....
    No one really cares or wants to listen to those stories.... And they certianly don't see court time...
    It's just the high profile that get swiped off their perch
    Last edited by ol' boy; 26-02-19 at 05:12 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

DB44 (26-02-19),enf (26-02-19),lsemmens (27-02-19),OSIRUS (27-02-19)

Shut your dog up!!
    Thanks

When one person suffers from delusion, it's called insanity.
    When many people suffer from delusion, it's called Religion.
    It was invented when the first con-man met the first fool.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Jma For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (26-02-19)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    The Committal is nothing but a circus as 95% of child sex cases are committed to stand trail. ALL magistrates today do not want to stop a highly publicise case like this or ANY CHILD SEX CASE so that fool behind that bench that is not smart enough to get a job in the higher courts get told to pass the case to the higher court even before the committal starts.
    Cardinal Pell will be 99% found guilty when he will goes to Court as the ZEALOTS there take care of this. This will happen, as a well known person that against Child Abuse will be there in the Public area smiling at the Jury.

Do you know when there is a Federal Election both the Prime Minister or the Opposition Leader goes to shopping centers for vote catching and when most see them they say to their families I SAW the prime minister or the opposition leader today at the shopping center whilst eating at the dinner table and because of this most will automatically vote for that person. The Same thing happen on a High Profile Child sex case as this HIGH PROFILE advocate that against Child abuse will show its ugly face and it will be in the Court room smiling to the Jury and when first juror spots it he or she will bump the shoulder of the other jurors and say thats so and so there and because of this like our Election the jurors will vote for that person on the Public gallery and that is GUILTY!

Its a SHAM and Pell only has a 5% chance of getting off at the Committal Hearing and if he does you watch what the DPP will do to get around this.
    Check the date guys when I wrote the above post and if you don't know it was the 01-05-18 so tell me what was I so right. Why!!! was I so confident that Pell will be found GUILTY. The reason is these Child sex cases have a guilty rate of 99% (Prominent Lawyers call it runaway train) although the Government denies its that Large after fudging there own figures as told by prominent Lawyers.
    I was told this that a particular person that spoke to me that he would like to coach a Child on what to say to the Police, coach the person that supposedly abused the Child on what to say and do and behave like on a camera and after this both person child and adult do a video in front of witnesses explain what we are going to do to show you what does happen if you are charged with Child Sexual Offenses.

The first thing that will happen
    1/ The special Child Police (CPIU) interview the Child
    2/ The Same Police interview the older person that was accursed
    3/ One week later he was Charged
    4/ He has to get a Lawyer and when the Police find out that he can only use Legal Aid they say Beitttttty!!! although a high price Lawyer make no difference except when the DPP start playing games by having canceling mentions or hearing on the last moment or miss trials as you have to pay for your expensive team day in and day out $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ so the DPP will bleed you dry. They don't do this in Legal aid cases as it Government Vrs Government so for LA cases they want to get the case in Court soon.
    5/ Legal Aid says to plead GUILTY because as most expect that L A works for the DPP. The Circus goes to a committal hearing where the Magistrate says "There is sufficient evidence against you that you have to stand trial " (No evidence at all only hear say)
    6/ The Circus continually goes on and on and on
    7/ Trial date is given, For Legal Aid the case goes on, for a Private Lawyer case the DPP cancels at one minute notice before the trial starts. They always find a way to abort the Trial. FFS the Judges know that happens a lot but they continual with this Circus.
    8/ The Private Lawyer both The Solicitor and the Barrister quits because of lack of $$$$$$$ so the Accused has to get Legal Aid.
    9/ DDP Says (Mostly Women) We got him now!!!!
    10/ The Trial starts, The Prosecutor (The Movie Maker) Says what did happen and this is the reason why this man is GUILTY!!!
    11/ He is found Guilty. Remember that is a Prank, a Petes Put on to show you all that SOME I say SOME of these cases a Mostly a SCAM!! and the runaway train will not stop until you are in Jail.
    12/ The man has been in Jail for 5 years and after a month he applies for a appeal. Legal Aid "NO APPEAL". A Private team Plenty of Appeals NEEDED $$$$$$$$ for the Lawyers
    13/ After 3 months in Jail someone leaks the Video out to the Media that this was Video constructed to show you how easily it is to be charged with Child Sexual Offenses and go to jail and NO one is prepared to stop the runaway Train.
    14/ The DPP catch whiff of this Video and goes into damage Control and tries to suppress the Video to be seen by the public.

This is a Circus for most cases but at the same time Child Sexual Abuse does happen and this is the reason why I have said 100 time to keep away from anything that is under 18 years old. KEEP AWAY FROM THEM FULL F....ken Full stop as you won't get any favors from them but you can get a accusation put against you.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 26-02-19 at 05:43 PM.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Watching Channel Ten News at 5PM said the case was in December and Found Guilty in December and suppressed from the Public. I did not know that as this time I was in Hospital and this make the above post more palatable because you have no chance of winning these cases. Something has to be done on these Hear Say Cases. And Pell only had ONE Complainant FFS not 50. Show you how easy to be convicted with these cases

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    And Pell only had ONE Complainant
    Imagine if they all came forward then !
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    Imagine if they all came forward then !
    It would still just be Pell. There are hundreds (and thats not an exaggeration IMO) of other offenders in christian schools. Exposing them all would probably shatter society.

If it was just the catholics then perhaps it wouldn't be so bad. I'm sure the rest of them are pleased that they are being largely overlooked. It gives them time to cover their tracks. or at least try to.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

The hypersensitivity and ease with which one can be tarred and feathered is a worry. Wether Pell had first hand encounters or not is one thing but there is certainly no denying many in the church have.

And this always astounds me. I'm as perverse and depraved as the next guy checking out good looking women and having my laughable middle aged fantasies but I have NEVER had the thought of young kids in my mind, especially boys. My delusions are always with the opposite sex, generally 20 something further proving I'm just a typical middle age pervert.
    I know being a poof is supposedly OK these days but it's never been a thing for me and I always wonder why these people want to give it to little boys and not Girls? Not that it would be any better, you'd still need shooting either way, but why the attraction to boys? Are none of these Priests straight either?

I get these blokes may get lonely etc but surely they could just knock the top off now and then with a magazine or looking on the net and be content without having to violate kids? And surely to hell if they aren't married there must be some lonely single woman in the congregation or a nearby nun they could get funky with now and then. Going for Kids is Just something I'll never understand. And given the ages of most of them they do Violate, they are annoying little shits I wouldn't be able to distance myself from fast enough let alone want to have a perverse relationship with.

I try to put the shoe on the other foot and think about what it would be like to have no female company but surely going to the local or a distant knock shop would be a far more appealing solution in being able to spend time with some women and all of their attractions than some irritating know it all kid? Surely they could easily pay for it from the Sunday collection and I'm sure that would be far less of a sin to knock off the Sunday plate than knock off the Choir boys?

Anyway, I just don't get why they are so fascinated with young kids or how they could bring themselves to it or get any satisfaction from it what so ever. Couldn't imagine anything much I'd rather NOT do if I had a gun pointed at my head myself let alone do repeatedly do it out of free will.

I know the Priests aren't the only ones to go after kids but still just something I'll never understand what they get out of it.

If ever I knew for sure someone was doing that to a kid, I would have to go full Vigilante on them. It would eat my guts out if it didn't. Forget laws, there is fundamental humanity here and while the do gooders could go on about being Judge dury and executioner and where does it stop, I wouldn't know.
    I would know without exception know that this was wrong and I'd know that to be worth nothing more than the air I breathe, I would have to do something about it if no one else, IE, authorities, would. I have Zero faith in them as well. I have personaly known great parents that were put under the microscope and given a terrible time when they had done nothing and I also know of kids being left where they never should have been with deadbeat parents they would have been better off away from.

I could very easily live with being known as a violent criminal who bashed the shit out of some peado, it would bring me no shame in front of my family at all.
    I couldn't live with being a "respectable" snow flake who knew what was happening but did nothing. Beating the shit out of a weirdo hurting kids may be against the standards of society, doing nothing would be against the over ruling higher standards.

Mine.
    Last edited by george65; 26-02-19 at 07:35 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (27-02-19)

Thanks

Default G.Pell

I always said how can you trust a man that wears a dress and kisses your ring !!

• The Following User Says Thank You to HILLVIEW103 For This Useful Post:

enf (26-02-19)

Thanks

dont know where my first reply went... anyway like i always said how can you trust a man that wears a dress and kisses your ring !!

Premium Member
    Thanks

The scary part is how many high ranking people have protected Pell, until today (well, last December)
    And in turn, just how many sexual abuse cases would have Pell covered up of other priests

Maybe that is how you get the "Order of Australia" medal

The irony of being a staunch Catholic and opposing homosexuality, yet out of the public eye, plugging boys in the bottom.

Last edited by ol' boy; 26-02-19 at 09:20 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (26-02-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

He's still got an appeal to go. Will be interested to see if he gets bail tomorrow after he is sentenced.

He is now a convicted criminal and pedo and no longer entitled to the presumption of innocence. There has been criticism of the decision in the media on various grounds, some of which sound quite plausible. However, I was not in the Court and did not hear the evidence. A Jury did and unanimously found him guilty. He would be a pretty worried man right now. Appeals judges hate to overturn jury verdicts. His hopes seem to be in arguing that either the judge misdirected the jury or that the findings of guilt were simply not open to a reasonable jury on the evidence. I have no idea whether he has a chance on either.

One interesting thing is that his victim gave evidence and was cross-examined vigorously in the first trial, and that testimony and the cross-examination were played to the jury in this second trial. Pell himself did not give evidence in either, as is his right. Jury's are not supposed to draw any adverse inferences from his failure to testify, but then again they are only human. Lawyers hate their criminal defendant clients giving evidence, usually for very good reason. Even the innocent ones often fair very poorly under cross-examination. I wonder if the result would have been any different if Pell had given evidence.

I wouldn't be totally shocked to see him get up on appeal. The offence was a long time ago and it seems to be his word against that of the now grown boy. The previous jury was reportedly largely in his favour though hung. All I can say is that I certainly wouldn't to be in his shoes. I'm sure he will face an enthusiastic reception from the boys out at Pentridge or wherever they send him if he doesn't make bail. If he does time it's going to be hard time and I suspect his life will be in real danger. Crims don't believe in the presumption of innocence where Pedo's are concerned and treat them as guilty from day one. And, of course, when it comes to a convicted pedo ....
    Last edited by DB44; 26-02-19 at 09:50 PM.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (27-02-19),ol' boy (26-02-19),OSIRUS (27-02-19)

• Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast