Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Vic police have the green light to charge george pell with sexual abuse

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ol' boy View Post
    The only thing i've learned from this, is Robert Richter was a clever man removing himself from this case, before this point.
    When he could foresee what situation the case was in.

Oh well, back to free heating, free meals, free electricity and medical
    Then again, i'm sure he had the same in Italy....
    Speaking of Italy.... It will be a pleasant 32 degrees in Rome today
    I bet he wishes he'd stayed there
    Did you know the Vatican had it MOCK trial and Apparently Pell won it.
    Yes Just about nobody wins these No REAL EVIDENCE SEX Trial, well in QLD that is the case, dont know about other states.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    One day all this Judge and Jury rubbish will not be needed as in the Future the Law System will be able to scan your head and get what really happened.
    Ok..........

And lets face facts, George Pell has been believing in mystical man in the sky for years now, with NO PROOF or EVIDENCE.

So i really can't see how your "Future Law System", utterly BS as it is.... could even work as you have described.

Justice Kidd has been found to have ran a sound trial.
    Robert Richter QC through his toys out of the cot and bailed out before the aftermath and further reputation damage.
    (he has a $15,000 a day salary to protect)
    And Justice has been delivered as per the system we all must follow.

As for your statement the Vatican ran its own trial... I think you need to rethink what you just said.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 21-08-19 at 11:57 AM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (21-08-19)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OSIRUS View Post
    Minority Report (2002) ?
    ARGhhhhhhh Thank you, I was thinking I was dreaming but It show you the Future for the human race.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (21-08-19)

Thanks

Arrrgh well we can all back to our other duties now and that is Stay Alive

Premium Member
    Thanks

I bet he has a NEW APPEAL.
    He has 28 days to lodge it
    And the High Court can either deny or accept it.
    They are not bound to run if they don't see fit.

So at this stage, he still holds an Order of Australia (an order of chivalry)
    And all his other titles until the appeal process has been exhausted.
    Which would be in 28 days if they don'y lodge a final appeal.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 21-08-19 at 03:41 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

OSIRUS (21-08-19)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

He can only appeal now to the High Court... which no doubt, with an open purse... the Catholic Church will most likely pursue.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    He can only appeal now to the High Court... which no doubt, with an open purse... the Catholic Church will most likely pursue.
    Tell me what happens if a average Joe Blow was in the shoes where Pell is today Guilty , Guilty, Guilty and that it and even if you are not guilty now one will give a hoot about this.
    I dont know a VIC laws but you still can have more appeals before you get to the High Court and this circus will cost over $500,000. Tell me all where do you think all the $500,000 + will go to? $500K + is a lot of Money but the Lawyers will chop that up quickly and will ask for more. Again what chance does a average Joe Blow have relying on Legal Aid for his or her defence.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

I dont know a VIC laws but you still can have more appeals before you get to the High Court...
    He's been through them all... the last being the supreme court of appeal, which he lost, so there's only the high court left.

Yep... the lawyers always win, regardless of the outcome.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (22-08-19),enf (21-08-19),irritant (21-08-19),OSIRUS (22-08-19)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

I still think this is the lesser of the crimes George has committed, the worst is shuffling known pedophiles around, ie abating crime
    This was acknowledged and witnessed by the Royal Commission
    I don't know why they have not pursued him for this!
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to allover For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (22-08-19),DB44 (22-08-19),Tiny (21-08-19),william10 (21-08-19)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,964 Times in 9,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post
    I still think this is the lesser of the crimes George has committed, the worst is shuffling known pedophiles around, ie abating crime
    Maybe because theres no direct evidence? I mean I dunno, but it seems to me they would if they could. Don't forget that this was another split decision, with at least one judge doubting the victims credibility.

This is a boon for the other church faiths who are probably covering their tracks while everyone goes after the Catholics. Except for the Islam cult of course, they seem to be able to do whatever they want.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post
    This is what makes him a criminal.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (22-08-19),DB44 (21-08-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    This is what makes him a criminal.
    I would have no problem if he was convicted of a crime of failing to report Pedo's and moving them elsewhere where they were allowed to re-offend with impunity. I doubt we have enough prisons to hold all of the offenders in the Catholic Church, other Churches and in fact most institutions having contact with children. I have commented previously on what he was in fact convicted of, and will not bore everyone by repeating it in detail. Basically I fear that if this conviction stands it sets a very dangerous precedent.

I might add that this may have been his best chance to have the conviction overturned. The High Court hears many applications for "Special Leave to Appeal", and takes only a very few of them to a full hearing. The fact that the decisions may have been wrong is not sufficient. The Court must consider that the case raises important issues. In criminal cases it often requires also that a real injustice has occurred.
    Last edited by DB44; 21-08-19 at 08:19 PM.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (22-08-19),enf (21-08-19),Mr 672A (22-08-19),OSIRUS (22-08-19),VroomVroom (22-08-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks

I see it differently
    I love that he (or anyone) has managed to be convicted in this way
    I'm sick of defending the f-ing crooks, giving them the benefit of the doubt all the time...
    Sorry, my sentiments are with the victims, not defending the rights of the kiddie fiddlers.
    Especially not massively powerful ones with friends in high places.

Its hardly like the case wasn't tested. As in the Complainant wasn't tested.
    And its been passed a Jury and now 4 Judges.... I mean, what more do you want
    It would just been thrown out if there was no basis

There are plenty of other people that were touched by Pell that have not come forward, for various reasons
    Its hardly like he has a squeaky clean record

Last edited by ol' boy; 22-08-19 at 10:06 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ol' boy View Post
    I see it differently
    I love that he (or anyone) has managed to be convicted in this way
    I'm sick of defending the f-ing crooks, giving them the benefit of the doubt all the time...
    Sorry, my feelings are with the victims, not defending the rights of the kiddie fiddlers. Especially not massively powerful ones with friends in high places.

Its hardly like the case wasn't tested.
    From The Australian:

In his dissenting ruling, judge Mark Weinberg said the case was unusual, depending entirely upon the victim being accepted beyond reasonable doubt as a credible and reliable witness.

“Yet the jury were invited to accept# his evidence without there being any independent support for it,” he wrote.
    I certainly see where you are coming from and even have some sympathy for your views. A fair trial for an accused unfortunately often means that the guilty go free, especially in this area where there are often no witnesses. The lack of even a shred of corroboration here is very troubling to me.

• The Following User Says Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (22-08-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

I haven't really followed the case but from what I read of it, seems there was one witness/ accuser and that was it. Not that I am in any way defending kiddy fiddlers but seems to me that if he was the serial predator they all seem to be, there should have been a stack of people that could have also testified if nothing more than to just put him away with no doubt or question of his guilt in the PUBLIC'S mind as well as the jurys. They always tend to go overboard and throw 10,000 pages of evidence at anything they can so hinging it all on one person seems risky at best.

I wouldn't buy the others not wanting to come forward excuse either. Mate of mine was touched up by a scout leader and the cops had no trouble finding over 20 people who said they had been victims too. The got 6 to testify which was more than sufficient to put the guy away. If they could find 20+ people to put away a scout leader, then I should not think it would be that hard to find a lot more to put away someone like Pell and had he been guilty, people would have been coming to the cops in droves wanting revenge if nothing else.
    He probably should be put away for a lot of things but I think it would be better to close the door well and truly and leave no opportunity for excuses and the blind faithful being able to say he was hard done by rather than put it all on one accusation in effect.

I have had to go to court for motor Vehicle accidents and they dragged myself and 6 others in as witnesses when it wasn't even that serious. The fact they only had one witness to put away a high profile person like this raises questions in my mind even if that doesen't agree with the outcome I'd like to see.

I still don't get what the Fk it is that attracts these weirdos to kids and especially little boys?

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post

I wouldn't buy the others not wanting to come forward excuse either.
    What excuse is that? This is a person i've known for 30 years, whom went to the Ballarat School where Pell also worked
    He has told me what went on with him personally... That is enough for me
    He has no interest in coming forward at this stage of life, he has a successful business in Ballarat and a family that need not know.
    Especially as his son plays for Richmond
    It would also damage potential income and contracts from religious types in Ballarat, of which there are many.

So, he has his reasons to stay mute on the subject
    Last edited by ol' boy; 22-08-19 at 10:12 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DB44 View Post
    I have commented previously on what he was in fact convicted of, and will not bore everyone by repeating it in detail. Basically I fear that if this conviction stands it sets a very dangerous precedent.

I might add that this may have been his best chance to have the conviction overturned. The High Court hears many applications for "Special Leave to Appeal", and takes only a very few of them to a full hearing. The fact that the decisions may have been wrong is not sufficient. The Court must consider that the case raises important issues. In criminal cases it often requires also that a real injustice has occurred.
    You must be a a good Lawyer in your previous life.

I have commented previously on what he was in fact convicted of, and will not bore everyone by repeating it in detail. Basically I fear that if this conviction stands it sets a very dangerous precedent.
    Pell case he had a History of Shuffling dirty priest here and there after they were suspected to offending, Also he have more than one complainant complain about him that he did this and he did that. Now tell me what about all the people in Jail today in Australia charged with the same Crime and had Only ONE Complainant, NO Actual real evidence, NOT EVEN A RECORD of the the person ringing the Child on a land line of the child mobile phone although the child said to the Police he rang me continually ("eg" The First thing the Police do is confiscate the Phone records) but there is no record not even One Phone call to the Child no DNA The evidence that was given to the police dose not add up but they still charge the person, The Child Statement and the Mothers/fathers Statement that the Police said to them to write a statement have the same grammar the same Spelling Mistake so what are these people doing rotting in Jail?,,,,, Why I blame useless Legal Aid and MAINLY A ZEALOT JURY

Thanks

From The Australian:

A fair trial for an accused unfortunately often means that the guilty go free, The lack of even a shred of corroboration here is very troubling to me.
    Solicitors and Barristers have said this before that the jury is more likely to jail a innocent person that let a gulity person free. As you can see in my above post you dont need real evidence all you need is hear say from ONE person to sent a MAN to jail The Prosecutors know this and on his or her opening speech he or she make it so juicy that the Jurors get HORRIFIED!!! . You dont even need the date when the offending happened because the Prosecutors says "On this date on where about this date you done this and done that"

Your DAMM Right by saying The lack of even a shred of corroboration here is very troubling to me.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Well, he has been proven Guilty twice now

Where has the support for victims been?
    I don't mean financially, i mean.... Acknowledgment and Support for what has happened to them.
    Surely a victim doesn't have to go through the lengths we have seen here just to get some help.

You'd think the Church would open up and provide such a service considering "all are welcome" and they love all equally.

william10 (22-08-19)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Were it not for his profile (i.e. as Cardinal) I wonder how the court case would have gone gone down. There may well have been a line of accusers who did not want to be placed in the spotlight that this case has shed on all. Of course, the opposite also holds true, if there were only one accusation, (tenuous at best), the case may have been thrown out of court. Sadly, his position as a high profile figure, has worked against him, and, regardless of the facts, the media will report what they like. He, sadly, had no chance of a fair trial, and was "guilty" from day one!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (22-08-19)

• Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast