Page 1 of 27 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Vic police have the green light to charge george pell with sexual abuse

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 958 Posts

Default Vic police have the green light to charge george pell with sexual abuse

Victoria Police are considering legal advice given to them by the Department of Public Prosecutions; advice which essentially gives police investigators the green light to charge Pell with a raft of historic sexual assault and abuse charges dating back to the 1970s.

Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Personally, I think they are just looking for a whipping boy to make an example of.

Like everyone else, I am disgusted at what went on but trying to find someone to blame because most perpetrators are dead is not justice.

Based on that thinking, we should also prosecute every police officer that ignored complaints against the church in this matter and believe me there would be a hell of a lot of them.

• The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (17-05-17),DB44 (17-05-17),enf (17-05-17),irritant (07-05-18),Keith (17-05-17),mtv (17-05-17),OSIRUS (17-05-17)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Based on that thinking, we should also prosecute every police officer that ignored complaints against the church in this matter and believe me there would be a hell of a lot of them.
    Plus numerous others, magistrates, judges, politicians, etc.... many played a part in concealing the abuse.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Personally, I think they are just looking for a whipping boy to make an example of.

Like everyone else, I am disgusted at what went on but trying to find someone to blame because most perpetrators are dead is not justice.

What!!!! The guy covered up a boys club pedophile ring and now appears to have been an active participant, moved pedophiles to different parishes so they could continue their activities, prolonged the problem, ruined peoples lives, people committed suicide because of it, people are having mental issues because of him. He could have stopped or helped stop it but didn't, he was the head complicit for gods sake
    The guy should be drawn and quartered with his nuts shoved in his mouth, how the hell you can call him the whipping boy i don't know
    I am speechless
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to allover For This Useful Post:

Keith (17-05-17),mtv (18-05-17),Rick (17-05-17)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

What!!!! The guy covered up a boys club pedophile ring and now appears to have been an active participant, moved pedophiles to different parishes so they could continue their activities, prolonged the problem, ruined peoples lives, people committed suicide because of it, people are having mental issues because of him. He could have stopped or helped stop it but didn't, he was the head complicit for gods sake
    Again. this is only hearsay and, until this allegation is proven, it remains, just that, an allegation. Remember that in the era in which these things were supposed to have occurred there was an unwritten rule of "turn the other cheek", it's none of my business so I'm not going to act. Look at the number of comedians back then, who, in this day and age would be pilloried for plying their trade. I'm not condoning this, just trying to inject a little sanity into the discussion. I would hope that George Pell returns voluntarily to "face the music", his public perception is likely to improve no end, just by that one act.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post
    The guy should be drawn and quartered with his nuts shoved in his mouth, how the hell you can call him the whipping boy i don't know
    I am speechless
    So you KNOW he's guilty and you are in possession of all the facts that the rest of us mere non prescients are unaware of...

Well then! Why bother with an investigation? We'll just start stringing up all the clergy because we don't personally believe in religion anyway.

Then we'll move onto the next group we don't like. Then the next and the next.....

I seem to remember a little moustashiode Austrian who thought that way sixty or seventy years ago.

OR, we can have a full and open inquiry, and I suggest we start with the loudest accusers and go into everything they did in their past...
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

DB44 (17-05-17),irritant (17-05-17),OSIRUS (18-05-17)

Administrator
    Thanks

Have you actually followed what has gone on or are just engaging in leftist hysteria screaming ? He didnt cover up a boys club pedophile ring, he simply dealt with it the way things were dealt with at that time. Basically give them a kick up the arse, tell them not to do it again and move them elsewhere.

There is no proof at all he was an active participant. From memory there have been about 2 or 3 half arsed complaints, one allegation was made about him when he didnt even live in the country. Its interesting that the complaints against him have only come up basically now, 2016, after the hate campaign was generated against him. Funny that.

Here is a line to look at.

"During Pell's time as Archbishop of Sydney, allegations of sexual abuse were made against around 55 priests in the archdiocese. These were almost exclusively relating to incidents that occurred prior to his arrival as archbishop. "

The "head complicit" ?

But dont let that stand in the way of a good witch hunt. After all, he is from the church and christianity is the favoured whipping boy in this country these days. Dont worry about Islam throwing people off roofs, get the Christian

I am surprised someone your age isn't a bit smarter allover. You know quite well that back in those days if you claimed to your parents that a priest molested you, you would either get a bloody good belting from your father or a severe grounding or both. You know quite well that if you went and complained to the police that you were molested by a priest, the cop would give you a belting, ring your parents, your father would apologise to the cop for having his time wasted, and then you would get another belting.

If for any reason you found a cop that believed you and it went to court, the magistrate would simply dismiss the charge and apologise to the priest. If it went to a jury, the jury would side with the priest.
    A complaint to a politician would get you laughed at.

Are you ready to support charges against all these people ? Including parents who didn't believe children, possibly the biggest group followed by police ? If victims can remember the abuse, they can also remember making a complaint to police. Maybe they can guess which policeman it was they complained to and have him charged, after all they could have "stopped it or helped stop it".

It amazes me that people continually attempt to judge historical events based on how things are done today. Even worse, is that when we get this witch hunt mentality fanned by the loony leftists, we seem to throw all logic, evidence and facts out the window as long as we have someone to hang for it. Regardless of whether they actually did anything.

• The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

DB44 (17-05-17),enf (17-05-17),irritant (17-05-17),lsemmens (18-05-17),OSIRUS (18-05-17),peter3535 (18-05-17),wal1 (17-05-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,664 Times in 831 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    ...I suggest we start with the loudest accusers and go into everything they did in their past...
    Exactly.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Mate. Don't believe everything you read in the Fairfax Press or watch on the 7.30 report. Let's wait and see if he is charged and what with. Who knows, if he is charged and we're feeling really tolerant we might even withhold judgement until he's had his day in court and acquitted or convicted.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

irritant (07-05-18),OSIRUS (18-05-17)

Premium Member

Thanks

OK, how about the Herald Sun
    Unfortunately we will never know as there is no extradition laws with the Vatican, and George doesn't seem to want to return home
    Time will tell
    Last edited by allover; 17-05-17 at 09:21 PM.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Time will tell
    Indeed, in that we are in agreement.

None of us are for giving anyone a free pass. Don't try to tell me politicians didn't know, or police, or social workers....it was a different time with different rules and conventions.

It just seems to me that some want a sacrifice to justify their ideas...ANY sacrifice! And it goes without saying that it may be a good thing for these people as it will provide cover for their own failures.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (18-05-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,471 Times in 1,531 Posts

Death to all pedo's!

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Death to all pedo's!
    Is he accused of being a pedo? I didn't think that was the issue.

Abetting, hiding, whatever...I can't see whats going to happen except something that will have far reaching ramifications down the track.

Maybe we could march him up and down the street in a striped coverall and put a yellow star on him...

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Did I hear he has some kind of 'diplomatic' immunity? He might never come back due to no extradition treaty with the Vatican city.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Death to all pedo's!
    Just image you being called to give jury duty on these cases. Another Zealot Jury member.

Premium Member

Thanks

Well i stand by what i said before 3 posts (and hope fully 3 separate posters) attacked the man and not the ball, just in case you did not read the link, have expanded it. And a Murdoch press article too!!!
    Please note that George or the catholic church have not disputed or tried to stop the article
    At Torquay SLSC, they had to get the President to throw Dear George out of the change rooms whilst the boys were changing, he was threatened his head was going to change shape if he returned, ahh you got to love the proactive attitude of Surf Life Saving Clubs, makes me proud to be associated

Law & Order
    Cardinal George Pell helped shift pedophile priest Gerald Ridsdale between parishes, royal commission hears
    Shannon Deery, Herald Sun
    May 19, 2015 11:38am

SECRET church documents tendered to a royal commission reveal that Cardinal #George Pell helped move Australia’s worst paedophile priest between parishes.

The revelation at the inquiry into child sexual abuse has sparked calls for the former Archbishop of Melbourne to return from The Vatican — where he now oversees the Catholic Church’s finances — to explain his involvement in the handling of vile pervert Gerald Francis Ridsdale.

The shamed priest has spent decades behind bars and has admitted molesting at least 54 children across Victoria.

But the total is thought to be more than 200, as he was routinely moved #between parishes despite a string of complaints against him.

Cardinal Pell has persistently denied knowing the #extent of Ridsdale’s offending.

Minutes of a September 1982 meeting of the Diocesan Consultors Committee — tendered to the commission sitting in Ballarat yesterday — reveal the then Fr Pell was one of seven church leaders who discussed relocating Ridsdale from a Ballarat parish.

Counsel assisting the commission, Gail Furness, SC, said Ballarat bishop Ronald Mulkearns was also at the meeting and had been told of allegations of Ridsdale’s crimes.

She said the bishop did not think it was his job to tell police, instead moving Ridsdale between nine Victorian parishes and churches.

The minutes noted Bishop Mulkearns advising it was “necessary” for Ridsdale to be moved from the parish of Mortlake.

“The minutes do not disclose what the Bishop said about why it became necessary,” Ms Furness said.

“However ... it is expected that there will be evidence that Bishop Mulkearns knew it was because Ridsdale had abused boys in Mortlake, and that he had offended in 1975.”

The commission heard Ridsdale spent more than 20 years being shuffled around Victoria and interstate — and offended everywhere he went.

Ridsdale’s replacement in Ballarat, Fr Denis Denehy, later told church investigators he believed every boy at the St Alipius Boys’ School had been molested by Ridsdale.

He worked there as assistant priest and chaplain, alongside convicted paedophiles Edward Dowlan, Robert Best and Stephen Farrell.

Ridsdale was later moved to a Catholic centre in Sydney, the bishop telling its director he had to be moved for “sexual matters” and Ridsdale had a problem with “little boys”.

Bishop Mulkearns will not give evidence, having being found medically unfit to do so at an earlier inquiry.

A string of victims have launched legal #actions against him.

Cardinal Pell has persistently denied knowing the extent of Ridsdale’s offending or his involvement in any sex abuse cover-up.

There has been no evidence that he knew of Ridsdale’s offending.
    Last edited by allover; 18-05-17 at 10:34 AM.

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    Did I hear he has some kind of 'diplomatic' immunity? He might never come back due to no extradition treaty with the Vatican city.

Leroy
    YEP, and in the week when he was too sick to return to Australia to give evidence, he was spotted at a conference in London, think he and Clive Palmer had the same ailment, think its called accountability

• The Following User Says Thank You to allover For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (18-05-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,471 Times in 1,531 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    Just image you being called to give jury duty on these cases. Another Zealot Jury member.
    I would never get jury duty with my record I get extreme satisfaction smashing and destroying vermin that harm children!

• The Following User Says Thank You to Rick For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (18-05-17)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Regardless if Pell was directly abusing children himself or not, he protected those in the church who he knew were.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

allover (18-05-17),Rick (18-05-17)

Administrator
    Thanks

OK, how about the Herald Sun
    Unfortunately we will never know as there is no extradition laws with the Vatican, and George doesn't seem to want to return home
    Time will tell
    I will quote this rather than your expanded version below.

So he was part of the church that kicked a priest up the arse, told him not to do it again, and moved him elsewhere......again, as I stated, that was how it was dealt with at the time.

You do realise that George Pell attended the Royal Commission in to this ?

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (17-03-19)

• Page 1 of 27 1234567891011 ... LastLast