Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627

Thread: Vic police have the green light to charge george pell with sexual abuse

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    What law did he break? He might or might not be a despicable pr*ck, but the world is full of them.
    So you condone his actions, or should i say in actions
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post
    Mate, That is a pretty disgusting and poor comment. Coming from me, that has to say something.

This whole thing has not been about his guilt or innocence as much as the upholding of the law and the Judicial system. To put it to anyone that they condone someone whom you clearly believe is a peado, is pretty piss poor . I know we get into some low end shit fights here but I think that is completely over the top and a highly inappropriate thing to say. It was also completely uncalled for and unnecessary. It's shitty insults and thinking like that which this is all about. Disagreeing with someone's position is in no way justification for that sort of low end crap or to label them a peado just to point score your side of the argument. .

Clearly like the rest of us you have strong feelings about this but lets try and at least be somewhat reasonable and mature about this subject. It's serious and shameful from every angle. Accusations like that are exactly what gets innocent people locked up and the rabble rousers to persecute innocent people.

I think you should withdraw that comment and apologise because it's way off being acceptable and really reflects a lot worse on you than the intended target.

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (09-05-20),enf (09-05-20),Jma (08-05-20),Landytrack (10-05-20),lsemmens (08-05-20),OSIRUS (09-05-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

I don't always read George's diatribes on many topics, but I do agree with his assessment of the situation. Pell, may, or may not, be guilty of some things. Unless, however, it can be proven in a court of law then he is innocent, at law, until the final verdict has been made. As far as I am aware, the High Court is the final verdict. If they say that there are doubts as to his guilt, or innocence, then we must accept that. We cannot judge past actions by today's standards otherwise Every person in history would be guilty, at some time or other, of breaking today's laws.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

enf (09-05-20),Jma (08-05-20),OSIRUS (09-05-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

Not at all. That's NOT what I said. And having been on this board for years with you, I know also that you are way smarter than that.

That makes the statement disappointing....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Just in case you missed it, what premier Daniels has been saying openly, and not been threatened by law suits, has been confirmed by a Royal Commission, Pell is a liar and harbored known pedophiles, ruining lives to the point of suicide, what a great asset to the community
    And for all those that are under the impression he got off his recent jail term because he was innocent are wrong, he got off on a technicality
    Read the attached, written by a Professor

Should of left the prik in jail as he is nothing other than a dog!
    What a load of garbage. Very disappointing. "Written by a Professor". A cultural historian from La Trobe:

I am currently working on several projects, including (i) a biographical study of D. S. Bailey and the Church of England Moral Welfare Council in 1950s Britain; (ii) an ARC DECRA funded history of the Christian Right's involvement in Australian Sexual Politics; and, (iii) a history of the LGBT conversion therapy movement in Australia since 1973.
    That article discusses only the Royal Commission findings, though it does contain a link to the "got off on a technicality" article. The authors of that article tie themselves up in knots to argue that Pell got off on a technicality. The High Court found 7 to 0 that the verdict of the Jury was unreasonable, and that given the evidence any reasonable jury must have found a reasonable doubt. The further implication is that the case should simply never have been brought, as it was doomed to failure based on the evidence. This is very basic criminal law and a matter of substance. Not a mere technicality. Appeal courts are very reluctant to interfere with Jury decisions, and do so relatively rarely. Also, the High Court unanimously acquitted Pell rather than send him back for re-trial. This had to be the case since no reasonable jury could have found him guilty on the evidence.

This has nothing to do with condoning or condemning Pell's behaviour as described in the Royal Commission report. He was charged with sexually abusing children himself. Not with any offence arising from his alleged conduct relating to paedophile priests. It seems doubtful that he will be charged with any such offences, since the Royal Commission was not operating on a criminal standard of proof. Even civil cases face significant difficulties.

Mate, you can and should do better than this.
    Last edited by DB44; 09-05-20 at 11:30 AM.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (09-05-20),enf (09-05-20),lsemmens (09-05-20),Mr 672A (09-05-20),OSIRUS (09-05-20)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Did anyone see the Bold report last night as Paul Bongiorno a Reporter was commenting that Pell Had to know that Pedo Priest (dont know his Name) in the picture with Pell like kids but the thing I did not know that Paul Bongiorno was a priest before becoming a reporter and he was asked years ago did he know this pervert of a priest (Photo next to him) was abusing kids and he said NO Good on you Bolt.

Last edited by Mr 672A; 09-05-20 at 01:28 PM.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

enf (09-05-20),lsemmens (11-05-20),OSIRUS (10-05-20)

• Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627