Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Vic police have the green light to charge george pell with sexual abuse

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post

The only fact it seems is that the ABC lied.....again.
    But that does not matter..............the ppl gullible enough to watch/read/listen to the ABC have been informed and primed for correct thoughts

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

DB44 (03-04-20),enf (03-04-20),Jma (03-04-20)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    HAHAHAHA Andrew Bolt on Sky New Spoke about this case LAST NIGHT being the 02/04/2020 and it was investigated by the Police years ago and the Police took no action because they was no case for Pell or anyone that could be charged with that statements given by those two IDIOTS that want $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
    TYPICAL ABC they are like the Police they chose the Time time bring up matters up or keep it quite when it suits them.
    As For Member DB44 he has criticized me on some post that I have written about these matters but what he writes it 98% correct.
    Would like to see that, can you post Mr672 and i will make my own judgement, believe the ABC article quotes both as saying they did not want to proceed at that time
    Mr Bolt can be, as probably the ABC of misappropriating the truth, recently he had to back track and apologise for comments he made, as the advertisers threaten to pull adds
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

For decades, 53-year-old Bernie* kept the secrets of his childhood deeply buried.
    Well far as I'm Concerned, if " Bernie" has lived with it this long, then he can keep living with it.

This business of accusing someone of doing something 20-30+ years ago is Bullshit. How can anyone put up a fair defence to something that far back?

These ancient claims are ALWAYS against someone of Notoriety and or MONEY. I don't think it's a matter of if they did it or not. If you haven't reported it in 10 years and especially the last 10 years where this has been an " enlightened" issue, then sorry but tough.

You may be genuine and that's very unfortunate BUT, if you haven't been motivated enough to bring it up before then you will have to keep living with it.
    Has to be fair to the accused as well and I'll bet my arse there are more cases even on summary investigation that are thrown out because they are Low lifes looking for a buck and maybe fame than the cases that go ahead, suspect as many of them are anyway.

This claiming you were assaulted in whatever form 20+ years ago has become an industry now and anyone with a few bucks is a target.
    Far as I'm concerned there should be a 10 year limit on it. Older than that, Sorry, your opportunity has passed unless you have Fking video of it.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post
    Would like to see that, can you post Mr672 and i will make my own judgement, believe the ABC article quotes both as saying they did not want to proceed at that time
    Mr Bolt can be, as probably the ABC of misappropriating the truth, recently he had to back track and apologise for comments he made, as the advertisers threaten to pull adds
    Hahahaha............So all you are saying is that they all lie, INCLUDING the ABC. The trouble with the ABC is that they lie with our money, the rest use their own.

And you freely choose to accept the lie. Why am I not surprised.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

DB44 (03-04-20),OSIRUS (04-04-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

As For Member DB44 he has criticized me on some post that I have written about these matters but what he writes it 98% correct.
    Thanks Mr 672A. I don't agree with you on everything but we do seem to have a great deal of common ground. Also, I admire the way you have dealt with your medical problems and are still able to constructively contribute. I haven't watched the ABC series. I seldom watch the ABC these days, as their news and current affairs is a pathetic shadow of what it once was. Andrew Bolt has it correct here. These are old complaints and it is simply not true that the complainants chose not to proceed at the time. As Andrew Bolt wrote in another post on his blog today:

The truth: these accusers are not "new".

The allegations of one collapsed at a committal hearing. The allegations of the other were deemed too weak to go to trial.
    In the case of "Bernie" he pointed out in the earlier post that:

Bernie’s allegations were nevertheless treated as serious by the police, who charged Pell. But Bernie repeatedly failed to turn up at the committal hearing, so the charges were dismissed. Now they’re back again, but this time without going through the testing you’d see at a trial.

• The Following User Says Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (04-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheDoger View Post
    Yes that is the problem that sexual assault victims suffer, not only are they traumatised by the act, but then no one believes them when they report the offence.

Try watching what they had to say and then see if you are of the same mind.
    People are often moved to tears by a performance in a movie or tv show. But the law should not work that way. These accusers could be telling the complete truth, even though their accounts do suffer significant problems. They may be outright lying. Or their memories of these long ago events may be false, though they may sincerely believe them. Human memory is far more malleable and imperfect than many of us realise. Therefore the law looks for corroboration.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (04-04-20),Mr 672A (04-04-20),OSIRUS (04-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DB44 View Post

Or their memories of these long ago events may be false, though they may sincerely believe them. Human memory is far more malleable and imperfect than many of us realise. Therefore the law looks for corroboration.
    Couldn't agree with this more!

Christmas before last my father and I were recounting a Holiday as it was and things that took place. That was me having an accident, something I thought I'd never forget and remembered in great detail.
    We were both adamant of our differing positions and they we were each right and the other wrong. After a few days of sparring and calling the other senile, dad spent some time and Dug out an old super 8 Movie that showed what happened.

We watched it and both were pretty shocked that the pair of us were miles away with what we remembered to what the Movie showed without a doubt. So much for my traumatic event forever burnt into my mind. I have vision of it in my head happening even now as I have believed it did for 40 years.... except it didn't happen anything like that all as the movie very clearly shows.

Both of us Confessed we had it completely arse around and were both shocked that we would have sworn on a stack of bibles we were right and the other wrong.

We have laughed about it a few times since, both I think amazed that we were so sure but both so wrong. Certainly I am amazed I have believed all this time in something that just didn't happen!

The embarrassing thing was in January this year at my Aunts Birthday, I asked if she remembered that Holiday? She has BAD dementure and now sometimes asks whom her own Daughter is. Her reply was "Oh yes lovvey, that was a wonderful Holiday, but you had that terrible accident when......." and proceeded to recall things Dad and I argued incorrectly over which she recounted in perfect detail!

Told my cousin ( her daughter) about it who was also there and couldn't remember a thing, she's got a lot better memory than any of us have that's for sure.

Had Dad or I been in a witness box, we would have told a completely different story to reality fully believing there was no possibility we had it wrong. We each would have told very different and somewhat opposing storys as well.

Thats the problem with these aged cases. Memories that people believe are correct can be nothing like the truth even though they believe in their hearts they are talking pure fact and there are no movies to show what really did happen.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (04-04-20),Mr 672A (04-04-20),OSIRUS (04-04-20)

Thanks

Or their memories of these long ago events may be false, though they may sincerely believe them. Human memory is far more malleable and imperfect than many of us realise.
    Generally I would agree, however to suggest that in this particular case the memory is wrong does not even come close to disproving the statement.

If you watched the documentary you would have seen a chap describe how George Pell went into the shower with him, washed him intimately had the kid do the same, then stood behind him with his arms around him and forced his penis up the kids arse. When the kid came out of the shower his arse was bleeding. He got dressed as directed and went to his home where he burnt his bloodstained underpants in the fireplace because he felt embarrassed, ashamed and humiliated. He told no one.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Hahahaha............So all you are saying is that they all lie, INCLUDING the ABC. The trouble with the ABC is that they lie with our money, the rest use their own.

And you freely choose to accept the lie. Why am I not surprised.
    Are you on drugs ENF, where do i say that!!
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post
    Last night Channel 10 5 o clock news did you see the crocodile DRY tears , I could do better than that. Again take the $$$$ away and you will get the Truth.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

I am also on the side of give Pell the benefit of the doubt. Were these cases reported back then and disregarded by the Police, then, by all means, allow the accusers their day in court. OTOH if nothing was said back then, then tell the accusers to FO and live with their "memories". We could all recount "horrible" stories from our childhood, some of which should probably have been reported to the constabulary, but we got over it, and now live quite "normal" lives. Or whatever passes as normal these days.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Thanks Mr 672A. I don't agree with you on everything but we do seem to have a great deal of common ground. Also, I admire the way you have dealt with your medical problems and are still able to constructively contribute. I haven't watched the ABC series. I seldom watch the ABC these days, as their news and current affairs is a pathetic shadow of what it once was. Andrew Bolt has it correct here. These are old complaints and it is simply not true that the complainants chose not to proceed at the time. As Andrew Bolt wrote in another post on his blog today:

In the case of "Bernie" he pointed out in the earlier post that:
    So tell me why people are doing this thinks WHY?
    Working for a Group of Solicitors and PI for over 5 years I seen horrible things done by humans. I seen the worse of the worst when it come to people that go out of their way to entrap a person so he gets charges and sent to jail. Now I say "HE" because MEN are easier to get set up. The worst ever case I was involved with was a case when a older man felt pity on younger girl with two kids so what he did he let her move in his house with his two kids and weeks later this man with a big house had police knock on his door with a accusation of "he was touching up the Girl".

I will keep it simple.

1/ He had money and when you have money you get a good Lawyer that get a PI and where I come in and have to sit close to the house to take Video whist i'm stuck in a van
    2/ On the very first day when he was removed from the house by Child Safety Police a new guy appeared that night, He stayed there all night, he did not drive there. car must be in the next street
    3/Another Video man took over because I needed a rest.
    20/ now we will go to 20 and it was a good smart young cop with his female partner that smelt something was wrong (most other Cops said he did this and that + Plus the Head Master)so why he did he went to the school and interview the kid one at a time with the head master protesting (imaging her as a Juror) and finally one of the kid went against the older child where Mr Soinso did not touch me or my older sister so after that Child younger was set aside and the older child was interview and apparently on tape the the cop said to the older Child "Your younger sister to us everything about you mother lies, the Head Master was going berserk (something like this, dont remember this completely as what was on the recording) the cop said it a lie and then finally the older child cracked and said her mother told her to say this to the Police because her mother like the house and we need a place to live.

This is the worst of the worst that human can do to another human all because of a house and money as she wanted a free house to live in with her boyfriend. I make me sick and after this If I dont see it with my eyes I don't believe it

After this I retired doing this type of work because I become depressed. Yes there are men that do fu.ck kids damm them but at the same time men are getting set up day in and day out and can only to be saved with money to get a good lawyer + a PI and the Video man that come with it. Have your notice most of these types of case have no evidence just hear say.
    Final say about this Dam you the cops that went along to charge the man, DAMMM you the Head Master that went along with this with her police statements as the older guy pick up the kids at school, yes she added juice to her story.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (04-04-20)

Thanks

For me Pell is guilty for hiding and lying about the other Pedo disgusting Priest and that's it. After talk to my old lawyer friend most are saying that Pell sentence will be set aside,

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

For me Pell is guilty for hiding and lying about the other Pedo disgusting Priest and that's it. After talk to my old lawyer friend most are saying that Pell sentence will be set aside,
    I agree that Pell should not have covered for the other pedo, that, in itself, should be worth of prison. However, early in the piece, he may have given the bloke the benefit of the doubt. Of course when a few more came forward accusing him, Pell, then, should have gone to the cops himself. He is guilty of a coverup! The fact that he, personally, was not accused until decades later, does tend to lean towards his innocence.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

Out of jail >

• The Following User Says Thank You to exited For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (07-04-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 958 Posts

George Pell to walk free ....

George Pells conviction has been Quashed
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

• The Following User Says Thank You to OSIRUS For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (07-04-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Sadly, it was always going to happen once in front of 7 of his brothers and sisters

Now for the compensation claim, oh dear
    Last edited by ol' boy; 07-04-20 at 11:50 AM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks

Once again I right about these cases most a fabricated for $$$$$$$. I knew + at least 4 other Lawyers that I know that Pell case will be set aside in other words he will be freed because he was sent to jail with ONLY 2 complainants that complain that he sexual assult them.
    I'm busy at the moment (doing the Caprice Leather seats) but just off the phone but I can tell you this this will open the Flood gate on Men that were Convicted, Released, and STILL IN JAIL that were convicted by ONE COMPLAINANT not two with only HEAR SAY AND NO REAL EVIDENCE WHAT SO EVER. There are at least over 1000 case's in Australia that men have been send to jail like this. enough is enough.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ol' boy View Post

Now for the compensation claim, oh dear
    With all the money the Gubbermint has spent to prop the country up from the China Flu, If pell wins a compensation case, the gubbermint will have to pay it off like these other social security leaches at $2 a week.

Thanks

For those of you interested in the facts the complete High Court Judgement can be found here:

A short summary available for download as a pdf can be found here:

The Judgement is unanimous and clearly correct, as was Justice Weinberg in the Victorian appeal court. As some are pointing out, Pell has not been found "innocent", as many headlines report. His conviction was quashed because the offences were not proven "beyond a reasonable doubt". Nevertheless there is no conviction, and Pell is entitled to be presumed innocent of these charges. For what it is worth I don't personally believe that Pell committed these offences. Nor do I think the complainant is necessarily deliberately lying. As I've said before, human memory is a strange thing.

I'm not discounting the various other allegations canvassed in this thread against Pell. But he was not charged with any offences arising from these other allegations. Apparently he is facing various civil suits. Personally I don't think this complaint was proven even on a balance of probabilities, and I hope that the young man concerned now gets on with his life and that he gets help if he needs it. I suspect any civil action he may take against Pell will enrich no one but some of the members of my former profession.

at the ABC details possible civil cases and one in progress as follows:

Regardless of the decision, a number of civil cases are due to be launched against Cardinal Pell, either by people who alleged they were abused by him or who allege he did nothing to prevent their abuse at the hands of other priests.

For survivors of child sexual abuse, reading the details of crimes can provoke a wide range of emotions. We spoke to experts about how to deal with triggering, traumatic news.
    The father of one of the boys who George Pell was originally convicted of abusing has previously vowed to pursue the Catholic Church and Cardinal Pell for damages.

The former choirboy died from a drug overdose in 2014 and his father claims his son had post-traumatic stress disorder stemming from Cardinal Pell's alleged abuse.

Civil matters can proceed in the absence of a conviction.

The Cardinal has always vehemently denied all of the allegations.

Cardinal Pell is also being sued in the Victorian Supreme Court by a man abused by paedophile Christian Brother Edward "Ted" Dowlan — also known as Ted Bales.

The man was abused by Dowlan at Cathedral College in East Melbourne in the early 1980s.

He is claiming Cardinal Pell knew Dowlan was abusing children and was involved in moving him from school to school, allowing the abuse to continue.
    We should leave the determination of these matters to the Courts. So far as I'm aware no one here witnessed any of the alleged incidents. Nor do I have any answers as to how we can ensure real predators are convicted without paying the price of sending many innocent accused to prison and totally ruining their lives.

Apparently we can also now look forward to the release of the Royal Commission materials relating to Pell.
    Last edited by DB44; 07-04-20 at 01:55 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (07-04-20)

• Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast