Thread: Season Interface logger serial/usb port debug

Thanks

Default Season Interface logger serial/usb port debug

Hi everybody,
    I'm developing a software for iso 7816 protocol. In order to better understand what's going on i need to debug apdu's sent by the reader. I bought a season 2 interface logger, reader receive apdu's sent but i'm trying to debug these apdu's using the serial interface that is attached to season interface. In other words, i need to intercept the apdu's.
    My question is: how should i communicate with the serial from season interface ? what protocol is ?
    Any hints or code would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by okelarus; 20-05-17 at 06:33 AM.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

I recollect that there were many extensive discussions on the internet years ago.

Try the sat-universe forum as a starting point.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,360 Times in 678 Posts

You need a serial monitor program like Realterm to sniff the packets coming from the season. Start with generic settings like 9600, 8, N, 1, no flow control, and see what comes up.

Thanks

hi guys, thanks for answers really helpful
    i played with realterm and other similar software but i don't see any apdu log intercepted.
    All i want is to simple intercept apdu sent and received that pass through season interface .
    I read these hardware are used by pirates to watch tv free but i only want to debug a software and i thought this hardware can be useful for my purpose, although i'm not sure if it can do the job

Thanks

Default Similar problem - season2 not working

okelarus,

It so happens I bought a season2 logger recently. It looks different from yours,
    but I am not having any success either. In my case, when I insert one end of the
    season2 interface into a settop box (tried multiple, also tried pc attached card readers)
    and the card in the other end, the settop box does not even notice the presence of the card.
    I tried all possible ways of inserting smartcard and season2 interface.

The serial port remains mute as well, although in some cases I can manage to get
    it to echo characters I sent over the serial port.

In my case I suspect a hardware problem.
    In your case, does the card at least work with the season interface, i.e., does the interface
    pass data to/from the card?

Could you send me a PM with info on where you bought your season2 interface.

Thanks

hi deeptho,
    i can see the com port from season interface is open, it means the interface is working. when i try to connect to it through Docklight or similar software i get this:
    Card <-> Reader
    Send: 00 A4 04 00 07 A0 00 00 00 04 05 06 07
    Recv: A0 00 00 00 04 05 06 07 90 00
    but the Docklight intercept this
    00 D4 84 00 87 D4 50 00 00 00 03 90 80 B1 9A 00 60 00 00 9A 60...
    In your case, did you install com serial port drivers ? you can download drivers from google web site just search for "Com port driver pl2303", after you install driver you will see com port open in "my devices" and then you can use your interface

Thanks

Hi,
    I have a season interface card, and can get it to clear pictures with the subscriber card in the season interface and that into the box, and can log with realterm.
    I have a log file, with command sent, followed by command received.
    The emm (hsn) command received includes 010100003F000010 followed by a 16 byte hex string, and then a 1 byte checksum.
    Does anyone know what the 16 byte hex string is?
    The 16 byte hex string always changes, even with the same emm string sent.
    Thanks.

Thanks

it could be a CW but anyone is free to correct me if i am wrong. What is it exactly you are trying to do . the more info you provide the easier it is to give more feedback and help if possible
    Last edited by mcmuzzy; 21-05-17 at 08:09 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by okelarus View Post
    hi deeptho,
    In your case, did you install com serial port drivers ? you can download drivers from google web site just search for "Com port driver pl2303", after you install driver you will see com port open in "my devices" and then you can use your interface
    The serial port is working properly. I used both real serial port (no driver needed) and usb2serial. This is on linux.
    In the mean time, I contacted the vendor and they will send me a new season2 interface (I suspect a hardware problem).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcmuzzy View Post
    it could be a CW but anyone is free to correct me if i am wrong. What is it exactly you are trying to do . the more info you provide the easier it is to give more feedback and help if possible
    I'm expecting the port monitor software to intercept apdu sent & received between card and reader.
    For example when select: 00 A4 04 00 00 05 12 34 56 78 90 i expect the logger to get this apdu.
    Instead, i receive strange hex like D4 00 80 88 B1 00 ...
    I played with baud rates and results are strange hex, i also noticed when i send the same apdu i receive different strange hex every time.

Thanks

problem solved
    Last edited by okelarus; 22-05-17 at 09:10 PM.

Thanks

Default hi i need help for read card nds

hi i need help for read card nds sly it i vant any prohram che read card nds sly italia vith number card 04######## i need help pls contakt in pm
    please help se finish log e finish read my card send 1 newcam sly for your help thanks
    Last edited by hashim245; 25-07-17 at 04:42 AM.

Thanks

@okelarus: I got the same problem and get only something like 00 D4 84 00 87 D4 instead of the real select apdu 00 A4 04 00 07 A0 00 00.... I have two season2 interfaces and 3 serial2usb adapter to avoid hardware issues, but get in all combinations the same stream. can you tell me how you solved the problem?

• 25-03-19, 10:25 AM

Reason
    Do not post just to increase post count to send uninvited/unwelcome PM