Thread: Crow Runner 8/16 Alarm and Smart Home connection

Thanks

Default Crow Runner 8/16 Alarm and Smart Home connection

Hello everyone,

Since i could not get any response from Crow Support, and seeing ll the Crow Alarm references in this forum, i decided to ask you guys:

I am using a Crow Runner 8/16 Series Alarm in my home. It has a 2 way voice board and i can arm/disarm calling my home phone, or whenever an alarm is set, my home phone calls me.

I also recently started with a home automation system and try to make my home a smart home. I connected all my rollershutters to my home automation server with ZWave modules, and all lights again with Zigbee modules. Now i try to include Crow alarm to this system. What i need is an extension with TCP/IP or RS-232 connection. There are two products in the market for Crow, Crow Link TCP/IP Gateway card mainly for remote central monitoring by companies, or IAAP IP Module which is manufactured by Arrowhead Alarms from NZ for Crow, and it is for smartphone monitoring and arm/disarming the system; however it uses its own iphone app. When i contacted Arrowhead, the guys there told me that they are in the process of manufacturing a new version of this module which will support open communication protocols for the home automation systems and they are already testing it with Fibaro ZWave Controller. That would be great because with Smarthome rules, i will be able to do something like: If i am at home, and it is past 11:00 pm and if all the shutters are closed and i shut down all the lights (which are by rules again), then set my alarm to ARM automatically.

Anyhow, i was wondering if any one of you guys ever had an experience in Crow Runner Link TCP/IP Gateway card or IAAP Module? Canada manufactured DSC Alarms already have TCP/IP cards working with home automation systems, however i don't just want to ditch a working system just because it cannot communicate with my home automation. Still waiting for the new version of Arrowhead module but i was just wondering if any one of you ever tried something like that?

Waiting for your experiences,
    thanks...

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Don't hold your breath mate, Crow have been talking about this for ages, they have been seriously left behind when it comes to IP based / cloud based / App based products. They said 2 years ago they will have an app, but it turned out to be a web gui, that was seriously clunky. They're now saying the cloud based app is coming..... zzzzzzz it's disappointing because we have 100's of crow runners out in the field that would be just itching for this sort of upgrade.

Thanks

Totally forgot about my post here. The good news is AAP provided me with an IP Module card specifically for Crow Runner series and it is open to IP telnet connections. I have been using this for the last 2 yrs on my smart home system succesfully. It is basically using the same IP Module card of Crow, but with a new firmware. You can not use smartphones with this new firmware, although via your smarthome application this is also possible...