Thread: Map corrections TT oneXL

Thanks

Default Map corrections TT oneXL

Could someone help with Correcting and adding speed limits. I uploaded the 80 KlH near my home OK and have found an error. When I try to edit the section of the road I want to change I can't get a start and finish section. It removes some of the parts I have already uploaded and I finish up differentsections it wants to alter. There must be some simple thing I am missing or perhaps me that's simple.

Thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks

As a long-term TT user I have found Mapshare a terrific tool with a few minor exceptions, the major one being the difficulty of assigning speeds to long roads where there are several speed changes. I've documented this problem in other Forums.
    Unfortunately, the current implementation is tricky, prone to error and labour intensive!
    Your idea, which is the obvious one, is to "place" speed signs on the road where they actually occur and let TomTom do the rest.
    However, TT expects that a section of road be selected and a speed limit assigned. For very long roads. multiple, independent selection processes have to be performed - I recently tried Victoria Rd, Sydney and it took a long time. Also, the road segments aren't always aligned with the speed signs so an incorrect speed may be shown for some distance but with the current implementation there is no solution to this.
    One trick I have used is to select a street near the long road during an Edit, thereby "de-selecting" the long road, before selecting a sub-section for speed assignment.
    Hope that TomTom improves the implementation in future versions tho' I suspect the Sensis maps, which store attributes such as maximum road speed, may be partially to blame.

Graham M

Thanks

Hi Graham

I think you have convinced me to leave it alone.

What I find strange is that when I go to select the road that I originally added as 80 kmh it does not hilite the entire section where I started but finishes at a cross road and the rest not hilted but when I do travel on the that section my 80 kmh does show on the TT. When I added the 80 kmh for the first time, which is the 80kmh start out of town it did start at a section & end in an individual part of the entire road. Hope that makes sense

Regards Raldaw