Thread: perfect dark zero and nausea?

Thanks

Default perfect dark zero and nausea?

now i hope this dosnt sound stupid,but when i play perfect dark zero, after about 5 mins,i get get what feels like sea sickness,none of my other games do this.Has anyone ever had this happen to them?
    i went fishing about 20 years ago and felt the same disgusting feeling back then.i thought i was just crook from something,but thismorning when i played it ,it happened again.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

do you suffer from epilepsy or cant handle things moving to fast?

Thanks

no, im usually good,its only that one game that does it too me.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Yeah it's called "Simulator sickness" I know a girl who puked from watching me play Call of Cthulhu

Thanks

i havnt puked yet,bit of a bumer,well i just got far cry instincts predator, ill be a bit pissed off if it makes me crook too,should be ok tho, i played the pc far cry and didnt throw up lol.

Thanks

Its not an uncommon thing with FPS. I've heard that if you have something like a candle on the top of the TV (e.g. something that flickers) it can subconciously train your mind to think that it doesn't have the movement, and you wont suffer the sickness.

I dont get this, but I do get vertigo when playing games like Tomb Raider and when I'm walking around the heights. Though I didn't get it with Alone in the Dark 5 (guess that says something about the game!)
    Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of pop tarts and pancake mix.

Thanks

I suffer from what i call 'motion sickness' from playing some games, esp 3rd person shooters (for example metroid prime on wii was a bad one for me and oblivion on 360). I get bad headaches, sore eyes and feel nautious. I have to lie down and not focus on anything for a little while before it goes away. Sometimes i cant shake the headache til i have a pain killer. Its highly annoying as there are some games out there that i would really love to get into (such as the ones mentioned above). I am not sure if glasses would help as they can help the muscles in your eyes, which in turn makes them do less work and stop the headaches. I was meant to try getting glasses but havent had the money :S

Thanks

I love to go deep sea fishing and never get sea sick - only once that I can remember (and I was 7 ish). I don't need any motion sickness medication ever for anything but I do have issues with certian FPS games - I have had issues as long as I can remember but only with First person perspective games (driving simulators too)- I found the same as Astrogal. I have glasses for close work and found no difference.

I haven't tried the candle trick but being one of the older generation gamers I find keyboard better than hand controller, and this could be difficult on the computer

I used to go to Lans when Counterstrike was the rage but this one didn't cause me any issues (also 17 inch Crts were the only thing affordable back then too). I have found the better the graphics the worse it gets - (I actually timed myself in farcry and found 15 minutes was enough) so I just watch the young fella on the x360 now - and if I'm having issues I go for a wander and focus on something in the distance.

f

Thanks

When Doom came out all those years ago the hairs on my head felt like they were standing up straight. That gave me really bad headaches and nausea.

Thanks

I am the type of person they have the warning for lol , I have pretty serious epilepsy , but to be honest no games have ever bothered me
    but what does bother me is scenes in movies where there has been a cut , the miss a few frames the back again , like stuttering action , and the worse is fluro lights that are on the blink and flicker
    they do not give me seizures , but they certainly give me the heebie jeebies