Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metallica - Death Magnetic

Thanks

Default Metallica - Death Magnetic

Finally after 20 years the real Metallica are back!!!
    But its it too late for these aging rockers.. I say NO!

They have even brought back the original METALLICA logo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After the mega dissapointing Load, Reload and St Anger, Metallica have finally found their roots again, Back to the Semi Black/And Justice days.
    All you real Metallica fans will know what I'm saying.

With the loss of Jason Newsted back in 2001, Metallica went downhill with St Anger, but finally Robert Trujillo (ex Suicidal Tendencies) is picking up the slack.

Death Magnetic I am proud to say, brings them back. No song under 5mins, all with awesome riffs, and Kirk's F@&King awesome solos.

"The band have abandoned the solo-free approach that they followed on St. Anger, returning to complex, multi-layered arrangements such as those typically found on the band's fourth album ...And Justice for All."

Bringing back the never ending The Unforgiven song for a part 3, which sounds absolutely nothing like the other 2 was a good marketing ploy. But it worked, it was the first song I fired up

I can keep going, but I will end with saying this is finally what us old school Metallica metal heads have been craving since the black album, but also one for the newbie Metallica fans too.

Track List :
    1. That Was Just Your Life {7:08}
    2. The End Of The Line {7:52}
    3. Broken, Beat & Scarred {6:25}
    4. The Day That Never Comes {7:56} (FIRST SINGLE)
    5. All Nightmare Long {7:58}
    6. Cyanide {6:39}
    7. The Unforgiven III {7:46}
    8. The Judas Kiss {8:00}
    9. Suicide & Redemption {9:57}
    10. My Apocalypse {5:01}

Look Here ->

Thanks

sweet.... watched "metallica live @ irvine" (2008 show) last night..
    cant wait to hear it....

WONDER if it will b better than S & M, I know purists say "the black album" but S&M for my money is the best album they have ever made..
    If you feed ducks at a pond, chances are your bound to feed a goose or two without even knowing it.

Thanks

just listening to it now.....

Sounds heavy.... old school METALLICA awsome... need to listen a couple of times.

lyrics seem good, but the music is PLAIN AWESOME!!!!

banging my head as we speak!!
    If you feed ducks at a pond, chances are your bound to feed a goose or two without even knowing it.

Thanks

Metallica suck.. biggest bunch of whiny pussies complaining about people downloading their music and their therapy sessions on some kind of monster were hilarious.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PunX0r View Post
    Metallica suck.. biggest bunch of whiny pussies complaining about people downloading their music and their therapy sessions on some kind of monster were hilarious.
    LOL, the irony is that they whinged eariler but now are claiming that having their music downloaded its "happy days"

I didn't mind the album, it did remind me of the old Metallica albums!
    Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of pop tarts and pancake mix.

Thanks

Speaking of metallica I thought this picture was pretty funny.

Thanks

didn't like ... sounds like crap ! nothing like there old stuff
    Trust thyself only, and another shall not betray thee.

http://s18.postimage.org/h9xu3rrhx/fb_sevapers.jpg

Thanks

Yeah can't say that sounded much like their old days. And when did old days mean Black album anyway? I remember when black came out and it was pretty much touted by all as the "sell out" album.

Death Magic has a few moments where your eyes open and you think thank Fvck! this song is actually going to be good, but it fails on every track. Sounds more like a compilation of Load rejections. It's the first time I've heard any of their albums and thought "James' vocals just fvcked that song right up".

Simple test. Which album apart from "the album that shall not be named" or St A. would you wipe from your memory and replace with this one? For me the answer is none.

It's absolutely nothing like Kill em all, nothing like ride, nothing like master, the only link I can see between it and Justice is that there is a ballad as track 4 and an ordinary one at that.

It does have some of the same production values as black; which earnt that album its title as the "sell out" album in the first place...I do like black by the way, but the songs just aren't anywhere near as good.

Some of the guitar work is good, but the melodies are crap to non-existant. It is certainly better than St A, but then so is finding out the girl you just woke up next to is a hooker...and one that thinks protection = carrying a bowie knife in her purse.

Thanks

peeps, lets give it some credit... I'm not saying its the best album in the world..
    FFS (in general not to anyone in particular) the black album was released in 1991, thats 1,2,3,5,10,12,15 make that 17 years ago!! people change in 20years

i think its more like olden days than new hard rock/pop/rap/cr4p...

yeah I mention S&M and survived

l0l at james in that pic... hehehe all that i see absolute savings

be very interested to see how this goes "out there", good opinions for all in thread even if not all agree

edit: thats one thing about metallica fans, they are NEVER happy.. i say be glad their still around, plenty of worst bands in the world that get allot more attention for sh1t albums
    Last edited by z1gg33; 11-09-08 at 04:43 AM.

Thanks

I am Metallica fan .. was when 15 yrs old (36 now) ... but this album fails badly !
    Trust thyself only, and another shall not betray thee.

http://s18.postimage.org/h9xu3rrhx/fb_sevapers.jpg

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
    I am Metallica fan .. was when 15 yrs old (36 now) ... but this album fails badly !
    Have to disagree mate.....love this album.....everyone to their own opinion I suppose

Thanks

I liked it.... then again, Id cheer a fart from these guys

Thanks

not sure if you blokes watch the music channels on p0xtel...

but v2 just had metallica "the day that never comes" at 20 on the US 22 hits program... not bad for a week old album... might be a big one, for the lads after all...

Thanks

ok. been listening for this last couple of days.....

now I wont say its the best I have heard in LIFE, but jesus if there is anything more "heavy" out there plese pm me, as this is IMHO pure hard rock (sorry for the category- its wanky)

i actually really like this album....

i think in a lot of ways it better than earlier stuff... sure its more refined (by engineers) but f**k me if its not bang your head material!!

don't shoot the messenger, dare I say might be better than s&m.... hmmmm purists probably have a hit man after me for that comment!!!

look you either love/like metallica or you don't... its just that simple,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z1gg33 View Post

now I wont say its the best I have heard in LIFE, but jesus if there is anything more "heavy" out there plese pm me, as this is IMHO pure hard rock (sorry for the category- its wanky)
    anything by Megadeth

I also notice similarity to stuff by Trivium (esp their latest) if ya after something similar sus those out...

cracker of an album though, you are right

Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

You guys have obviously never listened to Billy Ray Cyrus really really loud

Thanks

Metallica fan from Ride the Lightning til Justice then they brought out the Black album.
    at least that one they were still considered metal as crap as it was, there were some good songs on it but Bob Rock is obviously not a metal producer so that has been there greatest flaw over the last decade and a half.
    this album cant be compared to kill em all, ride or master. but it has a lot of Justice in it which is welcomed by me.
    i am happy to say i really like the album and think the guys have actually made an effort to get back to there roots, give em credit for that at least.
    ...In Somnis Veritas...

Thanks

Metallica Recording Engineer Ted Jensen Craps On Death Magnetic

by Paul Cashmere - September 28 2008

Metallica`s Death Magnetic album has a major critic in the man who mixed the record, Ted Jensen.

Jensen is unhappy with the way Death Magnetic sounds and wants to distance himself from the recording.

In a posting at the Mettallicabb fan forum, Jensen wrote, “In this case the mixes were already brick walled before they arrived at my place. Suffice it to say I would never be pushed to overdrive things as far as they are here. Believe me I’m not proud to be associated with this one, and we can only hope that some good will come from this in some form of backlash against volume above all else”.

Jensen is the chief mastering engineer at Sterling Sound, where the album was mastered.

His work can be heard on Norah Jones ‘Come Away With Me’ which became a Grammy winning Album of the Year.

The criticism from within the circle has sent Metallica manager Cliff Burnstein into damage control. "There's something exciting about the sound of this record that people are responding to," he told the Wall Street Journal in response to Jensen’s comments.

Jensen said that the sound of the Guitar Hero version of the album is far superior to the CD.

Compare for yourself. The following clip on YouTube shows the difference between the two sounds of the album, comparing CD to Guitar Hero.
    source

see

and

The differences are easily heard, the album is far poorer.

Thanks

interesting... thanx for that mate.

Thanks

This is an interesting read on the loudness wars, the wave form animation over the years is a good way to see whats been happening.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast