Thread: Digital FTA Frequency chart for Brisbane

Thanks

Default Digital FTA Frequency chart for Brisbane

Hi,

I can't seem to find a simple chart showing what freq each digital channel is being broadcast on in Brisbane.

I've googled pretty hard and taken a look at wikipedia but can't find the info.

If anyone knows where I can find this information I'd be grateful for the link.

Thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Talking I doubt if you'll find too much analogue TV atm.

Quote Originally Posted by paulfam99 View Post
    Hi,

I can't seem to find a simple chart showing what freq each digital channel is being broadcast on in Brisbane.

I've googled pretty hard and taken a look at wikipedia but can't find the info.

If anyone knows where I can find this information I'd be grateful for the link.

Thanks

G'Day,
    Are you talking Satellite or Terrestrial ?
    If Satellite, they're fundamentally the same across Autralia.
    Look at this link, it will give you heaps of info to get you started.

Kindest Regards, " The Druid ".....

Thanks

Thanks, but am chasing terrestrial freqs.

Thanks

I have not attached a file to a respmnse b4 bu there goes

Thanks

there is a list on dvtforum.info look for queensland.

Thanks

Talking Queensland terrestrial TV channels..,,

Thanks, but am chasing terrestrial freqs.
    The impossible we do straight away, Miracles do tend to take a little longer.

Try here then.
    Also round that site you should find the Frequencies for the Channel Nos.

Kindest Regards, " The Druid "........

Thanks

Digital Channels Brisbane

ABC ch 12 226.5
    SBS ch 36 583.5
    BTQ (7) ch 6 177.5
    QTQ (9) ch 8 191.5
    TVQ (10) ch 11 219.5

Thanks

Digital channels that are transmitted from Mt Coot-ha for Brisbane:

BTQ VHF 6 Hor 177.5 MHz

QTQ VHF 8 Hor 191.625 MHz

TVQ VHF 11 Hor 219.5 MHz

ABQ VHF 12 Hor 226.5 MHz

SBS UHF 36 Hor 585.625 MHz

You will notice that channel 8 & 36 both have a +125KHz offset, which should not worry the majority of external or internal set top boxes, except for some older set top boxes or ones not compliant with the australian standards that apply to these things, and sometimes this offset also affects computer cards or usb dongle tuners.

Thanks

Thanks for the responses. I didn't realise SBS was on UHF and therein lies my problem I suspect.

Mt Gravatt is directly in my line of sight. All the lower frequencies are fine but SBS is badly ghosted and can't be received using a STB.

Currently I am using a combination VHF UHF antenna. What are your thoughts on purchasing a dedicated UHF antenna. Would this resolve my problems? Any recommendations would be appreciated. If you can recommend a good technician for the Mt Gravatt Area I am happy to pay for an expert.

I jsut don't want to waste my money on a technician without the appropriate knowledge and equipment.

Thanks

Thanks

Cool Why not Satellite ?

Thanks for the responses. I didn't realise SBS was on UHF and therein lies my problem I suspect.

Mt Gravatt is directly in my line of sight. All the lower frequencies are fine but SBS is badly ghosted and can't be received using a STB.

Currently I am using a combination VHF UHF antenna. What are your thoughts on purchasing a dedicated UHF antenna. Would this resolve my problems? Any recommendations would be appreciated. If you can recommend a good technician for the Mt Gravatt Area I am happy to pay for an expert.

I jsut don't want to waste my money on a technician without the appropriate knowledge and equipment.

Thanks
    G'Day,
    If your overall reception is that marginal, you should have no trouble justifying a full Aurora Satellite service. The cost would probably be less than investigating Terrestrial services and far better.
    Kindest Regards, " The Druid ".....

Thanks

All the channels are fine except for SBS. I do have a DM500 I could put to good use I suppose but then that wouldn't be HD would it?

Wouldn't know where to find the right image either.

Thanks

Talking Pros and cons of Aurora.

All the channels are fine except for SBS. I do have a DM500 I could put to good use I suppose but then that wouldn't be HD would it?

Wouldn't know where to find the right image either.

G'Day,
    Suggest you get chatting to some of the members in this thread.

Kindest Regards, " The Druid "......

Thanks

Here is the complete list of radio and tv stations frequancies available for Australia,

Thanks

Sorry to resurrect a 2 1/2 year old thread but I'm having pretty much these same issues.

I went out and bought the gadget geek usb tuner, installed the driver and BlazeDTV with no problems. Went to scan and nothing showed up. After checking the settings and checking google for some troubleshooting I came to the conclusion it was just the crappy small antenna that comes with it. I went back to DSE and got a VHF/FM/UHF indoor antenna that has a built in amp and covers the freq range of all the channels and I'm still getting no signal with the amp/antenna sitting beside the window on 75% gain.

Am I just in a horrible reception area (Carindale, Bris, Qld) It shouldn't be... Or is this antenna still not good enough?
    Last edited by Ldawg; 18-04-11 at 04:27 PM.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ldawg View Post
    Sorry to resurrect a 2 1/2 year old thread but I'm having pretty much these same issues.

I went out and bought the gadget geek usb tuner, installed the driver and BlazeDTV with no problems. Went to scan and nothing showed up. After checking the settings and checking google for some troubleshooting I came to the conclusion it was just the crappy small antenna that comes with it. I went back to DSE and got a VHF/FM/UHF indoor antenna that has a built in amp and covers the freq range of all the channels and I'm still getting no signal with the amp/antenna sitting beside the window on 75% gain.

Am I just in a horrible reception area (Carindale, Bris, Qld) It shouldn't be... Or is this antenna still not good enough?
    The antenna must be facing Mt Cootha.

It all depends on how well the signals are arriving where your antenna is.... eg: terrain, reflected signals, etc.

It's also possible an amp is not required, as the signals may already be strong enough and amplifying them is causing signal overload, which has the same result as insufficient signal.

The little antennas suppled with USB devices are next to useless, unless the signals are all UHF, which for Brisbane, they are not (except SBS).

Signal strength is not the answer, you must have sufficient signal quality for reliable digital reception.

Indoor antennas are only useful in areas where there is sufficient signal strength and high signal quality (eg: low Bit Error Ratio).

I'd suggest trying a basic rabbit ears antenna which is not amplified and if that doesn't work, you'd need to install a horizontally polarised band 3 and 4 roof-mounted antenna pointed at Mt Cootha.

Without accurate signal measurements, it's impossible to know exactly what your signals are doing.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

Ldawg (18-04-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    The antenna must be facing Mt Cootha.

It all depends on how well the signals are arriving where your antenna is.... eg: terrain, reflected signals, etc.

It's also possible an amp is not required, as the signals may already be strong enough and amplifying them is causing signal overload, which has the same result as insufficient signal.

The little antennas suppled with USB devices are next to useless, unless the signals are all UHF, which for Brisbane, they are not (except SBS).

Signal strength is not the answer, you must have sufficient signal quality for reliable digital reception.

Indoor antennas are only useful in areas where there is sufficient signal strength and high signal quality (eg: low Bit Error Ratio).

I'd suggest trying a basic rabbit ears antenna which is not amplified and if that doesn't work, you'd need to install a horizontally polarised band 3 and 4 roof-mounted antenna pointed at Mt Cootha.

Without accurate signal measurements, it's impossible to know exactly what your signals are doing.

I tried running freq scans with minimal amp (others also) which would be pretty much the same as using plain bunny ears and it didn't pick anything up.

I was hoping the signal around here would be good enough to get around the terrain issue...

I have both the antenna facing west-ish but I'm on the 1st story and there is a 2 story house rather close, about 4-5m away. So I can't really have it pointing into huge amounts of open sky.

There is an antenna on the roof, there is no coax point downstairs in this place though. Guess I'll just have to buy a giant coax cable and run it up. Should have perfect signal instead of 0 then hopefully.

Thanks for the help mtv!

Thanks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Ldawg View Post
    I tried running freq scans with minimal amp (others also) which would be pretty much the same as using plain bunny ears and it didn't pick anything up.

I was hoping the signal around here would be good enough to get around the terrain issue...

I have both the antenna facing west-ish but I'm on the 1st story and there is a 2 story house rather close, about 4-5m away. So I can't really have it pointing into huge amounts of open sky.

There is an antenna on the roof, there is no coax point downstairs in this place though. Guess I'll just have to buy a giant coax cable and run it up. Should have perfect signal instead of 0 then hopefully.

Thanks for the help mtv!
    G'Day Cobber,
    Bite the bullet, get a professional installer in.
    Pointing at the sky is no panacea for Terrestrial signals.
    Signals are most unlikely to pass through a 2 story house.
    Satellite dishes do point at the sky, and may be more suitable and cheaper for your predicament.
    Kindest Regards, " The Druid ".

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 Times in 490 Posts

G'day all,

I find this site very useful for finding channel numbers for all states and territories. I actually had to rely on this information when dealing with a disgruntled customer in Toogaloowah (a known black spot with their own local analogue repeater) who was not getting reliable digital TV reception.
    "The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." - Issac Asimov

• The Following User Says Thank You to TVguy For This Useful Post:

weirdo (25-04-11)