Thread: dvb-c & f0xt31 / 0ptu$

Thanks

Default dvb-c & f0xt31 / 0ptu$

Hi all,

Haven't been around Austech for sometime. Since irdeto2 hit the scene in fact but now growing tired of having 0ptu$ cable and no PVR.

Have been doing some research on MythTV and seems like the solution for me ie. 0ptus subs card, cccam & a dvb-c card.

One thing is I'm tired of using cheap and nasty options and then having to go look for solutions. While I love a challenge, after 15 years of looking for solutions i just want something that works for a change.

Can someone please provide dvb-c card option on what they have working with dvb-c & 0ptu$ or foxtel subs card

I have a 0ptu$ sub so not looking to do dodgy shit, just looking to create a pvr which 0ptu$ for f0xt3l don't supply unfortunately.

I have all the other goodies left over from irdeto days so not asking for howto's just which pci / usb cards work "out of the box". I realise there is some config to do, i just want a compatable dvb-c card is all. Something that i dont have to go downing loading the lastest linuxtv version that was checked in 2 hours ago or searching the net for days on end looking for soultions on how to get a dvb-c card working with aust cable.

The cccam & rest i expect some fun...

Thanks guys
    Last edited by mvanders; 10-09-08 at 01:46 AM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

A Dreambox DM600PVR with cable tuner, and an internal 2.5" laptop HDD, together with an Optus or Foxtel sub card will do the job. Files are recorded in .TS format, the DM600PVR has an ethernet port so you can FTP the files up to a PC for editing/archiving.

Foxtel do provide a PVR, it's called an iQ1 or iQ2 (HiDef), AFAIK Optus provide the iQ1 box but rumour is that those boxes are hard to get off Optus as its not really that interested in pay TV. And neither will allow you to take the files off the iQ boxes.

Thanks

Thanks macca.

I didn't realise they could supply pvr boxes on optus cable interesting. I did do some reading on the Dreamboxes and while would suit me for most things, theres a few features of MythTV I like so would prefer the mythtv route.

Thanks for the info though.