Thread: IR video transmission

Thanks

Default IR video transmission

Anyone used IR to transmit video? or if anyone is selling IR TXs and RXs in Australia?

Need to send 4-6 channels of video 40m line of sight temporarily so did not want to go all out with IP encoders and wireless link as current cameras are analogue.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

The Biggest Issue is finding quality gear to do it with, most of the wireless transmitters I have seen are pure junk and a lot use illegal frequencies, it really is hard to get right

Thanks

I assume that you mean an IR laser system for video trasmission????

If so, I have a friend that used the ASAS sytem in Europe. It was a very RF unfriendly area, so no microwave, and with no option to cable.

See info on the datasheet below.

Please note this stuff is not cheap (well at least not in Europe) and I don't know if they have a local distributor. Send them an email if you want more info.

For 4 channels, this will cost a small fortune. (I think you can get a multiplexor / demultiplexor to do 2 channels on one laser Rx-Tx pair)

If you can get away with using RF, there is some reasonable stuff if you are only going 40m.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

These guys are in Victoria, give them a go.

Thanks

cheers for the info, doesn't seem like much availabe in the way of 4 - 8 channel rf (not wireless IP) with analougue inputs and outputs.

Thanks

Bandwidth is the issue.
    An analogue video takes up the entire wireless channel.

You could have 4 tx and 4 rx, with each set to a different channel (make sure you seperate the antennas). I have not seen any analogue microwave links that has 8 different channels , but pehaps they exist?

IP / Digital can easily put 4 MPEG4 streams over 1 wireless channel with no loss of quality.

Perhaps look at a 4 Input encoder at one end (takes 4 analogue inputs and converts them to a digital stream) and a 4 Output decoder at the other end ( takes the digital stream and outputs 4 analogue outputs). Then use standard 2.4 Ghz Wi-Fi equipment to transmit the data.

This way you can keep your analogue cameras and recorder. If the site is temporary, I am sure that you can find a use for the encoders / decoders at the end.

Thanks

Default fibre

what about running a 4 core fibre (singlemode) between the 2 points and using a GE fibre tx and rx converter at either end. I've done that a few times. They come in 4 channel.

Thanks

Emsolutions did do analogue video tx/rx units in the 5.4GHz and 10Ghz band.
    While they still support the equipment I am not sure if still sell new.
    Frankly Ive found none of their equipment is all that reliable, constant failures.

Pacific communications have a 1channel unit. Not used it so far as always ended up going TCP/IP.

Just as a mad idea, I'm assuming want LOS as can't run cable. DVR + net connection and remote software? If with same provider should be no cost for data transfer.
    Or DVR+ wireless link.