Thread: Prado Altitude 2012 Sat Nav GPS

Thanks

Default Prado Altitude 2012 Sat Nav GPS

I have a 6/2012 Prado Altitude and have never updated the GPS, mainly because of the cost. I have an old Garmin hand held, which I find so much more user friendly, but the original system is inbuilt, so I would normally like to use it without having to plug in the Garmin etc. My Prado has a horizontal slot inside the glove box, which I assume is for a DVD for the GPS update. I will insert a photo of the Sat/Nav/stereo unit and glove box what I consider is the DVD insert. Can someone explain to me which unit I have, that is OEM brand etc.

Is there a difference between the maps or only a different method of updating (DVD/SD card or are they completley different systems. I have read a lot of threads and it appears it is very difficult to update without going through Toyota, which I think is a rip-off, but if I have to I guess I will buy a new DVD from Toyota, which my local dealer said the latest version is V23 and it should be available soon. Brian DJ

Hope the images work out and look forward to some informative feedback. Brian DJ

Last edited by bacdj; 06-07-17 at 07:24 PM.

Look Here ->
    Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

I don't have a Toyota sat nav so I cant help you with the complexities, I see you made a post in the Garmin forum last month & that Neil AKA Surething didn't respond. He doesn't visit so often now since it became against forum policy to post direct links to maps which may violate copy write.
    Unfortunately the inbuilt sat nav's have turned from a dream to a ripoff.
    As you have read the threads here you will know it's not as easy as most GPS to update at a reasonable price.

There are ways around it if you investigate some forums like & .
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."