Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amiko A4 DVB-S2/DVB-T Combo Android Receiver

Thanks

Default Amiko A4 DVB-S2/DVB-T Combo Android Receiver

I thought I would start this discussion thread for the Amiko A4 android box. For the features please refer to the BST thread.

To start off there is a lot of information posted here -

I'm happy to answer any questions...

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Here are a couple of youtube video reviews. The first one is in Irish English, the second in a foreign language.

Thanks

I've created a set of picons for use with this box. It includes all the latest channels on Optus C1/D3 as well as terrestrial TV. These will be available to anyone that places an order through this website.
    These can be easily uploaded to the box using FileZilla or similar.

This is what you get:

Note that the picon filename differs from that for enigma 2 boxes.
    Last edited by Hillsbysa; 10-07-17 at 10:52 AM.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Wow, there certainly is a lot of competition in this market now.

Price seems reasonable as per your BST thread, as the box does do satellite as well.

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Hillsbysa (13-07-17)

Thanks

There is a lot of competition but the firmware support of Chinese boxes is sadly lacking. The Amiko A4 on the other hand has regular online firmware updates and has a superior user interface as shown on the screenshots.
    The price offered is very reasonable and in fact I guarantee you will not find a better price from anybody anywhere !!

Yes, the box does both satellite and terrestrial TV as well as single button IPTV (you can customise the application linked to the IPTV button on the remote)

Last edited by Hillsbysa; 13-07-17 at 04:35 PM.

Thanks

You can stream from your Amiko A4 to a mobile phone, either Android or iPhone.

Start the "Android player connector" in the "More Apps" section then scan the QR code" to download the linkdroid player for your particular phone from the website link.

Set a password then connect your mobile to the Amiko A4.

You are now set to stream from the A4 to your mobile. You can also use your mobile as a remote and a touchpad.

Thanks

Here is a European review with google translation:

Amiko A4 Combo 4K UHD - TV Receiving on Android Based v2.0
    Date: 10-04-2017
    Recently, the Amiko A4 receiver family has been released, which is the continuation of the pioneer A3. Android box, but with a remote control interface, a true multimedia centre with 4K UHD resolution.
    The predecessor of Amiko A4 was Amiko A3 , which was also an Android system, a surprisingly clever little buyer with a real pleasure remote control. Unfortunately, its distribution has already been completed. The A4 did not regret the A3 air-to-air remote control, but I heard that it will be available for purchase soon.
    The Amiko A4 has just appeared in 4 versions, which are the following:
    • Amiko A4 OTT - Media Player without Tuner
    • Amiko A4 SAT - Satellite Receiver
    • Amiko A4 T2 / C - An earth digital or digital cable receiver
    • Amiko A4 Combo - Satellite and terrestrial digital or cable receiver
    I got the biggest A4 Combo version for testing, but the other devices are completely identical with the software.

The appliance arrives in an elegant smooth white box, with no over compatible design. Inside, beside the interior, we find the remote control with the batteries needed for its use, an AC adapter, an HDMI cable, and an English Quick Start Guide. Everything is in it for the first time.

The appliance is really small, its interior length is only 14cm. The front panel does not have a keypad or a display, but the buttons are not important, but in my opinion, you could have a tiny display (or at least separately attached). The LED on the top of the front panel is very polished and can be light blue, yellow and purple, this is the menu you can set. In standby mode, the default setting is yellow, but if the bedroom is disturbing, it can be switched off completely.

We also find connectors on the inside and back of the unit. There are 2 USB ports on the side of the external storage, unfortunately only 2.0 standard, and there is also a micro SD card slot, this can be useful, for example. When viewing photos. The back is much more exciting, the left side is the two tuner connectors where the parabola and the ground antenna can be connected. In addition to the tuners, there is a digital optical audio connection where our home theatre system can be connected. In addition to this, the LAN ethernet network socket is 10 / 100Mbit / s, it is important to mention that A4 is also equipped with a built-in WiFi adapter. Next to the LAN port, there is an AV OUT analogue TV and audio output so you can connect to an older TV or home theatre system, but this cable is not in the box but can be purchased separately. We can connect the TV to the HDMI connector, which is the latest version 2.0. Finally, on the right edge of the 12V adapter connector, mains power switch has not been included. In addition to the power supply, there is a tiny recovery button, which can be useful if you want to reset the factory state and need an external program to use it.

On the remote, all essential functions received a dedicated button, there is no problem with the layout, you can quickly learn to use it. In the menu, you can navigate with the arrows, but there is a case where you need a mouse (eg Play Store), then you just have to press the mouse button and the cursor appears, which you can also control with the arrows. The infrared sensitivity I do not know is how it was invented, but it works almost anywhere from the room. At first I thought I was still working on a radio remote control, but it did not work the first part of it. Excellent infra solution, some manufacturers could copy it. According to Internet information, you will soon be able to buy this air-saver radio mouse for this unit.
    A 4-core 64bit 2GHz processor provides speed from the speed. Graphic display is performed by a separate porcessor, which is a Mali 450MP GPU at 600 MHz. There is 1GB of RAM, which is quite a lot for an Android device, and there is 8GB of Flash memory, which can be expanded with an SD card.
    After the first power-on, an installation menu welcomes us, where the basic settings are easy to do. The 4K UHD 2160p resolution can also be selected on TV resolution, of course, only UHD can be used on TV, otherwise there will be no picture on the TV. It's a good idea to connect the box to the internet network as it can only make the best of its knowledge. In the settings, you can choose whether to connect via a LAN or via built-in WiFi. As the last step of the installation, the channel search starts, which is not very fast but very thorough, all channels found first. After the channel search is done, the device offers the download of picons, and I'm surprised to find that almost every channel in the Hungarian channel is included in the list so it is worth downloading them.

The device menu is clear and easy to operate with a remote control (this is not the case for all devices). There are two menu buttons above the cursor arrows on the remote control, which you can move left and right through the menus above. The Hungarian translation is good, but there are still English texts in it, or I've met the script. You can install Android applications from the Play store, and you have a modest app store, the latter does not need any registration. If you have an enigma2 channel list, you can even import it from the settings menu. All data is transferred, including your favorite lists. The Amiko A4 can only handle Conax cards (eg MinDig TV), but you can download the most popular Mcas or OSCam plug-in from the Internet. OSCam can work with full functionality, its basic setting can be easily done with the remote control, but of course it has its web interface.

You can customize the indoor operation in detail, in the settings menu you will find a variety of convenience option, you can also set the colour and status of the LED (for example, to not illuminate at night). It is possible to set up HDMI CEC, it can operate as a DLNA server, and it can be connected to our network storage (NAS).
    Of course, the Amiko A4 also has basic features such as EPG - Electronic Program Guide, Time Shift TV program stop, or broadcast recording. EPG works well, there is no problem with Hungarian special characters, and we can load a list of external EPG providers in the Crossepg menu. You can choose from several EPG views, there is a time zone and only the selected channel view. You can start an EPG immediately or schedule a later time.

In the field of multimedia, the A4 is very strong, almost nothing is missing from it. Let's start right away with MediaPlayer, there is a factory-installed android player that is equipped with a little more modest capabilities. This factory can be switched to any one of the Play stores right away, there is plenty of choice. However, I think it is unnecessary to use Android players because they have just added the best, which is nothing but Code. Code is an open-source multimedia centre, usually the basis for HTPCs. He knows everything he can to play video, picture or music. It is simple to configure in Hungarian, of course it can play on the network, it has its own web interface, and last but not least with all formats. The A4 has got a full internet browser, which can comfortably roam on the net, though the remote control is a bit cumbersome to use, with slow text input.

The Amiko A4 also has a built-in web interface where you can modify the basic settings of your box, record timings, and watch live TV online. The web interface is available on the IP address of the box, no special setting is required. There was a problem with watching TV shows because I asked to put the VLC and a plugin on it. However, the referred Plugin does not work under Windows 10, so there is no Live TV. Not an A4 bug, the plugin development simply stopped. But after this little fiasco, I thought that the downloadable Android application would provide compensation ... the device menu has a Linkdroid Player Connector where you need to scan a QR code with your phone and then install the application that is listening to Spark Player. Well, this Spark Player would be a good app if it worked properly. I did not know how to watch TV, I got lost, faded, but can record time, can browse through the channels, everything works, only the TV does not. It can be used on the Internet, for example. It may be good to remotely timer recordings.

After the external application, go back to the box because there is still talk of it. In addition to satellite / cable channels, we also have the opportunity to watch Internet IPTVs. We are also getting an application right now as FilmOn Live TV. Here, we can put in more than 100 (or 1000, not calculated) internet channels, most of them work. There are some stations that are not available elsewhere in Hungary, but it's important to note that I did not find a channel in Hungarian (one in the list, but it did not work). In the Play store you will find other IPTV applications where we can have more free internet TV channels waiting for us. In the latest version of the software, you can assign any application to the IPTV button on the remote control, so you can enter the favorite IPTV channels at the touch of a button. I do not even mention such little things as the Youtube player, which is also part of the basic software, which is a much more convenient interface than the factory version of Android.

The A4 box performs well even though there are some compromises here. Due to the small amount of internal memory, it is advisable to connect external storage to our recordings, which can be a Pendrive or an SD card, but we would prefer to use an external USB hard drive. It is important that after attaching an external storage, you set the recording path to the settings. Shots are saved in .ts format as they arrive from the satellite. Encoded encoded transmissions are also encoded so they can be transferred to content on a PC as well. Shots can be started immediately, but can also be timed from the program guide. Unfortunately, while recording, you cannot switch to another channel, but you will not be able to switch over to the same TP or the other tuner next year. There are probably not two physically separate tuners in the A4, but split, which is actually only 1. The ban on switching from TP is interesting to me because there would be no physical obstacle.

Thanks

Here's some screenshots of the Linkdroid Webserver pages as viewed from a remote PC.

Last edited by Hillsbysa; 23-07-17 at 03:50 PM.

Thanks

Confirmed working great on Safari. It also works on earlier versions of Mozilla. They are working on compatibility with other browsers.

Double click on the picture and you get the fullscreen version !

Last edited by Hillsbysa; 24-07-17 at 10:31 AM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hillsbysa For This Useful Post:

Daengsat (08-09-17),malcolmturnbull (25-07-17)

Thanks

Amazing boxes these, leave the likes of KII Pro and U4 Quad for dead. One of the world's best kept secrets

Banned
    Thanks

Default Emulated storage Amiko A4 T2/Cable

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsbysa View Post
    I thought I would start this discussion thread for the Amiko A4 android box. For the features please refer to the BST thread.

To start off there is a lot of information posted here -

I'm happy to answer any questions...
    Hello folks,

I hope you guys can help me out with 2 problems I ran into with the Amiko A4 system:

1. Installation of add-ons takes place in emulated storage as it seems. The system shows an emulated storage size (/storage/emulated/0) of 895 MB. This size is insufficiënt to place a Kodi Krypton build on top of Kodi.
    Is there a way to expand this part of storage or circumvent this problem?

2. Is there a possibility to connect with an Apple AirPort time capsule for NAS purposes?

Kind regards, Fons
    Last edited by Blomalm; 07-09-17 at 01:45 AM.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Amazing boxes these, leave the likes of KII Pro and U4 Quad for dead. One of the world's best kept secrets
    But you are telling everyone.
    Why does it leave the others for dead?
    Last edited by ol' boy; 07-09-17 at 04:43 AM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    But you are telling everyone.
    Why does it leave the others for dead?
    Great product finish/quality,user interface, channel picons, oscam apk, Powervu, superior HD/4k video display, multiple channel sort options, box does not get hot like some others....
    I have personally tested KII Pro and Ariva 4K and the Amiko A4 beats them hands down.

Premium Member
    Thanks

You mention it leaves the U4 for dead, i take it you own one and have compared it too?
    Sounds good hey.
    Is it easy to flip between IPTV, DTV and SAT TV?
    Last edited by ol' boy; 07-09-17 at 05:38 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks

You mention it leaves the U4 for dead, i take it you own one and have compared it too?
    Sounds good hey.
    Is it easy to flip between IPTV, DTV and SAT TV?
    I have not tested the U4 personally as I was put off by the comments of others that the box runs hot.
    Yes, it is easy to switch between IPTV, DTV and Sat TV. You can set up IPTV for one button operation.

Thanks for the interest. The feedback I have given represents my own opinion and I would welcome comments from others who also have the A4 Combo and/or one of the others.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Don't forget Blomalm's question above.

Premium Member
    Thanks

I have not tested the U4 personally as I was put off by the comments of others that the box runs hot.
    First i have ever heard of that and have 4 of them
    But if you say so
    Maybe in Cairns and Darwin they could run hot?

But to say the product you are selling leaves another for dead, that you have never even used.... Well, yeah....
    Maybe just stick too mentioning its good points so you can off load this stock you have
    Unless you have a genuine side by side comparison to share
    Which would be great

"Worlds best kept secret"
    "Leaves the others for dead"

Kind of discredits the rest of your review now and thats a shame, as i'm really interested.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 07-09-17 at 07:46 PM.

Thanks

First i have ever heard of that and have 4 of them
    But if you say so
    Maybe in Cairns and Darwin they could run hot?

But to say the product you are selling leaves another for dead, that you have never even used.... Well, yeah....
    Maybe just stick too mentioning its good points so you can off load this stock you have
    Unless you have a genuine side by side comparison to share
    Which would be great

"Worlds best kept secret"
    "Leaves the others for dead"

Kind of discredits the rest of your review now and thats a shame, as i'm really interested.
    I don't offer the above opinion lightly and would not offer it otherwise. As I said, it is based on my own personal experience having tested a number of equivalent 4K Android boxes. I have tested the KII Pro with the manufacturer's firmware as well as third party firmware including LibeElec and Malaysk and in my opinion the Amiko A4 product is far superior. I have also tested the Meelo+ Uno (similar to the KII Pro) and Ariva 4K.
    If you would like a comparison with the U4 list some features you want a comparison on and I will provide it.
    Maybe you could also respond to the features I have listed for the Amiko A4 and indicate how the U4 shapes up.

Banned
    Thanks

Hello Hillsbysa,

It seems that I can't reply to your PM because I'm brand new on this forum.

As you requested I'm indeed from Europe, the Netherlands to be specific.
    Hope this won't be a showstopper, cause I'm kind of desperate in resolving these issues I mentioned earlier.

Kind regards...
    Last edited by Blomalm; 08-09-17 at 12:28 AM.

Thanks

As already mentioned, Amiko A4 comes with Crossepg (which includes a*star epg support as per E2 boxes)

• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast