Thread: Ez-udvr Lt

Thanks

Default Ez-udvr Lt

Is anyone out there using this product? I can find an Aust Distributer, the Korean help desk number does not answer. nor do they respond to emails. I have opened the TCP port on the router opened them in the firewall. I have the IP's correct. My predecessor had set some up, I have copied the cfg files on to these machines and still no luck. If anyone knows anything about this product please let me know.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

Is it the USB model?

Have you tried to ping the DVR, or even the router? Also try temporarily disabling the firewall, and the OS firewall.

Thanks

FAQ

QUESTION: I am trying to access my server from a remote location, but I am unable to do so. Why?

ANSWER: There could be several reasons.

1. Please check to see if your local computer has a live internet connection.
    2. Please check to see if your remote computer has a live internet connection.
    3. Please make sure that your network password is the same for the local computer (SERVER) and the remote computer.
    4. Please check the connection method that you have selected in the SERVER (local computer)
    5. Please make sure the connection method that you have created in the remote computer is correct.

I think you will find the solution in #3, as I have experienced problems with XP networking in the past, sometimes you need to have the same username/password as the server on the client machine to have the same privileges.

Thanks

It is a USB 4 channel BNC device. I am able to see and record the camera images in the software provided. I can connect to the computer the Ez_UDVR LT software is running on via radmin. I am having problems connecting the server and client remotely. I have done the tcp port forwarding in the router, opened the ports in XP firewall. I have copied the config settings and the files from a computer in another location that is functioning, with no luck. I have also read the manual. What can anyone else suggest?

Thanks

You mentioned opening the ports in the firewall, but have you actually created an exception in the windows firewall for the Server software? Windows Firewall > Exceptions > Add program. Then manually add the server software on the local machine. Or for testing purposes disable both windows and router firewalls completely to isolate the fault. What service pack of windows is the XP machine running?

Thanks

Thank you intelligeorge, I disabled all the fire walls, then turned them on one at a time until I found the culprit.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by techforbrains View Post
    Thank you intelligeorge, I disabled all the fire walls, then turned them on one at a time until I found the culprit.
    You only need one !

same goes with Anti virus, ONE program.. otherwise they clash and will be detrimental rather then do good for your system.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by techforbrains View Post
    No probs mate, As Manic said, if you are going to use firewalls use one, I'd put my money on a decent router and physical firewall rather than rely on the O/S or software firewalls.