Thread: Replacing the keypad for a Solution 16 system?

Thanks

Default Replacing the keypad for a Solution 16 system?

Hi all,

So possibly an odd question. Is it possible, or financially feasible to replace just the keypad to my alarm system purely for cosmetic purposes?

I’m currently doing some home renovations at the moment and the existing keypad along with the room sensors are all that horrid primrose/cream colour. Would much rather something that is white.

The keypad/alarm is a solution 16 if that matters.

Is this something that’s easy to just swap over or would it need a full reprogram with the new keypad?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

The keypad would be a swap over. But depends if you can still get a new keypad for it as it is an old system now. Maybe time for upgrade.
    Room sensors can be replaced.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by secure View Post
    The keypad would be a swap over. But depends if you can still get a new keypad for it as it is an old system now. Maybe time for upgrade.
    Room sensors can be replaced.
    Thanks. Im not against an upgrade, but i don't want to fork out money for a whole new system considering this one still works fine.

Do you know what would need to be replaced for an upgrade? Is it just the keypad part or does the (sorry for my newb terms) circuit board stuff thats inside the box with the battery need to be replaced also.

I know these are vague questions, but any clue on what would be something worthwhile upgrading to?

Thanks

The keypads can still be bought and yes are a straight swap over, no programming required. If you are doing renos I would definitely also replace the aging PIRs

Thanks

If you can't get a keypad, then the upgrade would also need main control box replaced as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Machida View Post
    The keypads can still be bought and yes are a straight swap over, no programming required. If you are doing renos I would definitely also replace the aging PIRs
    Thanks. Does it have to be the exact same keypad as I've been struggling to find where to buy them from?

There seems to be similar bosch ones, but they don't look to be quite the same.

Edit: I did find a partitioned keypad for the Solution 16 but i'm pretty sure thats not what we have. The manual i have is for a solution 16. The PCB though has a CC880 sticker on the front of it.

There are keypads i found that say they are compatible with the CC880 but I'm not 100% sure if that will work for me.

In a previous thread i've posted in here i linked an image of the box to the PCB with the CC880 model number, but a user commented at the time that the model number was for a Solution 16 PCB and not an 880.

So yeah pretty confused.
    Last edited by daskeg; 20-07-17 at 11:59 AM.

Thanks

So looking in to this some more. Lets assume the style keypad above would work for me, but the time I’ve replaced all the PIRS I’m spending around $300.

From what I can see, you can buy Bosch 3000 kits for around $350 - $400 depending on the type of PIRS. So maybe upgrading everything might be the easier way to go. All the wiring is there already so I assume installation should be a breeze and wouldn’t take an installer very long.

Veering off the original topic a bit, but what is the normal practice for installing a new kit. Do I get the installer to source the products for me or do I buy them first and then get someone in to install?

Thanks

I do alot of retro upgrades now ripping out solutions 16 plus that are in working order, ive actually kept a few spares keypads and control box for a "rainy day" as they are still a good panel, the keypad looks the same as a solution 6000 but with the green backlit screen.

bosch 3000 isn't bad with the 4.3" touch screen for a cleaner look.