Thread: intelsat18 to 180east to replace 701 its about time hopfu with linear only polaritys

Banned
    Thanks

Cool intelsat18 to 180east to replace 701 its about time hopfu with linear only polaritys

hi everyone, i just found out that 701 is finally going its not a very good cband satellite this 1 .perfect on ku but no good on cband not as good as intelsat 508 was in 94 .anyway im trying to get intelsat when it replaces 701 with intelsat 18 it should be linear and no circular.the reason circular is unpopular in alot of areas is bcz of getting nasa tv and having to buy circular feedhorn and a single polarity lnb and you need a skew to run it which no receiver 2000 and on doesnt support it .also if you leave a dielectric plate in the feed the loss is upto 3db on linear when you go back to say intelsat 8 or asiasat2 or 3 even intel apr known as insat2e is not circular.. so why should the new intelsat18 satellite be that !!!also its a inconvienent changing plates over just to watch 1 channel or whatever you can watch .also back in the 80s and 90s you can watch ,abc cbs ,upn 13, fox 11 etc in analog also nbc usa was great to watch the nbc evening news and other stuff as well as well as rfo tahiti was in secam here or black and white on a normal tv.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

How long since you tried to get Nasa? For several months now I have been able to get perfect reception [65%] using a standard C band LNB with no di-electric plate on a 2.3 mesh. The same antenna scans all satellites west to Asiasat 2 with no changes to the LNB.

Thanks

Oh, shack ! I have got a 60cm dish that only receivable with Ku-Band circular tranmission of right beaming signal. Historically enough, no Ku-Band circular signal ever beaming at us in Australia ( only several part of countries does receive circular signal, most notably in Japan ).
    The seven great mythical transponders of Intelsat 8's
    Ku-Band tranmission is wearing the six main solid rings.

Thanks

Intelsat is not likely to care at all what a single viewer in little old Australia thinks or wants....they don't put these satellites up for such people !

In fact, FTA viewers could be seen to be the (expensive) reason why satellite companies have to encrypt what are actually feeds to PAY-TV networks. It's a business and is only there to make money.

You should be grateful to see anything as FTA !

Banned
    Thanks

Exclamation

i dont get nasa tv here bcz i have alot of trees in my road out to the east .thats why i dont bother with nasa tv as i can stream it via my pc besides nasa tv theres nothing else worth watching here in newcastle nsw from 132east. plus my parents wont let me chop there trees or branches away anyway ,i cant get apstar5 or apstar6 here ,or agila 2 signals etc here like i used to bcz of the trees!! thats why i cant be bothered with 701 as the signals were down compared to 508 anyway atleast with 508 you could make sense of what was on it same as 506 and 511 ,hamguy2 nsw

Banned
    Thanks

Smile

hey i got pas8 here at 166east nhk japan cband on 20% if there was no trees it used to be 90% on a 3.7metre here.my octagon 518 is receiving it. well im doing a blindscan now on pas8 on v and h and il;l try pas2 at 169 e i can get around to nss5 here at 183east thats from abs 1 at 75east .hamguy2 nsw

Banned
    Thanks

Question its been 3 years since i had nasa tv here

hey its been 3 years orso since i have nasa tv here i was running a circular feedhorn and lnb with a skew i still have but back a few years ago orso ppl depending on where they were had alot of trouble getting it ,i still have receivers here with skew but i dont use them anymore ,in the blind scan of pas8 at 166east nhk only came up bcz of the extreme tree cover here ,hamguy2 nswe

Banned
    Thanks

Thumbs down nasa tv and pas2 dont work here bcz of trees

hi pas2 at 169east doesnt exist here on any freq ,orso intelsat 701 doesnt work here ,so i got abs 1 at 75east to pas8 at 166east .hamguy2 nsw