Thread: Trend towards TVI

Thanks

Default Trend towards TVI

Hi all, I am hoping to get some others opinions.

I have noticed there has been a bit of a race to the bottom price wise and a lot of people now are quoting TVI cameras due to the lower cost (I am referring to smaller sites, such as single building systems 16ch and under). I realise the resolution is lower than what you can get for IP, but most people are generally impressed by the 3mp range. Even when including in a PSU and set of baluns it can be significantly lower cost than a 4mp counterpart. Is everyone else noticing this trend and what is your opinion of the cameras?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I try to only use TVI for existing system upgrades and IP for new systems.
    But I agree with your statement.
    So a people who a installing new TVI systems using data cable with baluns or coax?

Thanks

I think TVI was only ever meant as a stop gap solution, although it is now significantly cheaper than IP.

Wherever possible we always run new cat5 cables to fit IP, but where cabling is a major cost factor we will use TVI.

The main problem that I see with TVI is not the image quality but using the existing cable - who knows how many times it has been rejoined etc and those 20 year old BNC's that you are playing with are probably going to give you issues.