Thread: ISP blocking streams

Thanks

Default ISP blocking streams

I am at a bit of a loss, since changing over to NBN I am having massive problems with my Kodi service.

My speeds are great but drop considerably once 6pm hits, but not enough to affect what I am doing as the speeds are still well above my ADSL2+ speeds.
    During the day Kodi works perfectly, I can watch 1080 HD streams no problem but once night time hits I am unable to watch any streams except GVIDEO streams, which work perfectly.
    I can access the streams but they stop after a few seconds and wont load anymore.
    I have tested other things such Telstra TV and Foxtel on T-Box and they work no problem at anytime, over a wired and wireless connection.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening, I am totally stumped. Is this an ISP issue or could there be a work around. I have tried a VPN with no success.
    Last edited by rtctstit; 12-08-17 at 11:18 AM.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 836 Posts

Might be just the limitations of kodi, don't think it takes many people to slow some of the services available on it. If the isp was blocking it I'd expect it would be blocked all day. Maybe download the movies during the day for later viewing? Maybe try some different sources on kodi, or something outside kodi.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mkhannah View Post
    Might be just the limitations of kodi, don't think it takes many people to slow some of the services available on it. If the isp was blocking it I'd expect it would be blocked all day. Maybe download the movies during the day for later viewing? Maybe try some different sources on kodi, or something outside kodi.
    I'd never had these sorts of problems until I changed to NBN, there's no downloading, it's streaming. I've tried different things other than Kodi and they are fine and have tried different sources on Kodi. It seems odd that there is such a huge difference between day and night with just Kodi, I wouldn't say the ISP is blocking the stream it's more they are closing the gap for a reliable stream (really not sure how to word it), therefore making the streaming unreliable.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 836 Posts

We were put on nbn at the start of the year and my experience has been the opposite, gone from semi reliable to 100% satisfaction. I just think that kodi streams have become more unreliable lately, when you think that most addons were canned a month or two ago that leaves just a few sources for the same number of people trying to watch. And the evening is peak time.

The downloading was just a suggestion in order to watch a movie right through.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mkhannah View Post
    We were put on nbn at the start of the year and my experience has been the opposite, gone from semi reliable to 100% satisfaction. I just think that kodi streams have become more unreliable lately, when you think that most addons were canned a month or two ago that leaves just a few sources for the same number of people trying to watch. And the evening is peak time.

The downloading was just a suggestion in order to watch a movie right through.
    The strange thing is I know other people in the area who use Kodi with zero problems and I use real-debrid so I get plenty of sources. The difference is other people I know use different ISP's

• 28-11-17, 10:33 PM

• 01-04-19, 06:52 PM