Thread: Inner Raange T4000

Thanks

Default Inner Raange T4000

Hi guys I bought A t4000 which was a replacement for my old sed62 just a backup gsm. I thought it was just a plug and play unit and all I had to do is program my number to ring my mobile. Is there anyone here who could give me some advice on how to setup this unit to ring my mobile phone.
    thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Hi Boily,

Depends on what panel your trying to connect to. Concept / Integriti / Inception can use the port 0 for serial connection, otherwise you can use the output on the T4000 to activate your key switch on the alarm.
    But you'll need a Sky Command log in from there you can register your device and select what functions you want to do.
    It won't ring your phone, it can send push notifications, but it'll cost you $6 per month.
    Last edited by AdRock; 20-08-17 at 09:13 PM.

Thanks

The alarm I am connecting to is an ademco vista about 15 years old now how do I register the unit to send me the push notifications.
    thanks

Thanks

should of got the Ness GSM dialer if you want it to dial your mobile, t4000 are a pain to setup and cost an ongoing fee to use.

Thanks

I'm curious on how you actually bought it, i would have thought the T4000 would only be available to trade?
    Any hoo, you'll have a hard time connecting it to an Ademco for push notifications as there's no serial connection between the 2, for that you'd need to upgrade to something it's compatible with, in your case probably an Inception, but that might be on the $$$ side.
    I hope you haven't taken it out the box yet, as I'd be looking for a refund and looking at other options as stated above like this

Banned
    Thanks

Old thread, but for the benefit of others, assuming your panel has a CID dialler, could you not just interface the T4000 this way?

Granted this will give you monitoring only, not control, but you should be able to get limited control by using a relay on the T4000 to control the panel via a key switch.
    Last edited by elvtechnology; 12-08-18 at 10:28 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boily View Post
    I thought it was just a plug and play unit and all I had to do is program my number to ring my mobile. Is there anyone here who could give me some advice on how to setup this unit to ring my mobile phone.
    Just to clarify, the T4000 is NOT a GSM dialier, and this unit will not make a call to your phone. It requires monitoring via the Multipath-IP Network.

Inner Range have recently released some extremely competitive plans (way less than the cost of a pre-paid SIM) which allow for self monitoring (without control room costs) via the SkyCommand Mobile Application, where alarm notifications are sent (much like text messages) to your smart phone (or a number of smart phones configurable via the SkyCommand web application). You can also access the device's event history, and provided you are using IR Alarm gear, control any entities on it using the serial High Level Interface. Otherwise, it can accept alarm signals from any alarm panel capable of sending Contact ID.

There is also an expanded version of this unit with loads more GPIO ports, so if you require a low level interface to arm / disarm multiple areas, or control ancillary equipment, I'm sure your security provider can arrange for a trade-up, and put together a solution to fit your needs. Id suggest either getting in touch with the guy who sold it to you so as it can be set up for self-monitoring, or if you're hell-bent on remaining in the 20th century, you could try and get a refund and buy the Ness GSM dallier.

I have it on good authority that IR have much bigger plans for this platform in terms of extending the functionality of the SkyCommand mobile app and web-application in the near future, so it may turn out to be a good investment yet.

Again, are you a security professional, or an end user just out of curiosity? As these things are generally not meant to be sold without a proper monitoring subscription. (kinda like buying a Foxtel box off eBay, useless without the subscription)
    Last edited by caffiend; 29-08-18 at 11:47 PM.
    Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who actually do

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1982 View Post
    should of got the Ness GSM dialer if you want it to dial your mobile, t4000 are a pain to setup and cost an ongoing fee to use.
    GSM dialers also have an ongoing cost. These days, pre-paid credit expires (and if you forget to recharge it, it won't work when you need it most) and I doubt you'll find a mobile plan for less than $6.00 per month. Analog telephony is almost dead, it's kinda irresponsible to suggest that someone go out and purchase something which for all intents and purposes is already obsolete.
    Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who actually do

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

This thread is over a year old and the OP hasn't visited the site for 9 months.

Closed