Thread: A-League soccer hits new low

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 836 Posts

Default A-League soccer hits new low

Watching the Newcastle WSW game now, if this is the premier league of soccer in this country and the paddock they are playing on is up to standard, no wonder we lost the world cup rights so convincingly.

Even if you don't follow soccer, it's worth looking at for a laugh.

All that's missing is donuts in the centre.
    Last edited by mkhannah; 23-11-18 at 08:33 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

just watched a few minutes , looks like a cow paddock in a 4th world country

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,077 Times in 3,348 Posts

I accepted an invitation to go and watch an A league match with my son. We were in the members stand and the best part of the entire game was the beer. It looked as though all that both sides were doing were practising their ball handling skills. Every time either side got near the goals they'd pass back to the centre and kick the ball around a bit.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Whilst I dont watch/follow/give a rats arse about soccer.......................no matter how bad the pitch/players........................its got to be better than the joke they call aussie rules

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,421 Times in 2,522 Posts

I think it is all about this "Team Effort" BS that is being beaten into our heads these days(for years), including at work.
    Problem is only one INDIVIDUAL can shoot a goal, so now they are all lost because they can not concert the effort of all 11 team members thrusting their feet simultaneously at the ball in front of a goal.

I noticed this already in the last FIFA, where our manager famously kept Cahill on the bench so everybody else can have a go at figuring out spectacular ways to miss a goal.

So all is left is this amazing "Team Effort" of passing the ball to each other as long as possible in the hope it does not accidentally enter that cage-like thingy.
    The repercussions for the poor fellow who let that happen would be grave.
    I could imagine he will have to write down 10,000 times : "There is no 'I' in TEAM"

... there is a 'ME' but nobody noticed that
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (24-11-18)