View Poll Results: How do you intend to vote in the same sex marriage postal vote?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

49 31.01%
  • No.

96 60.76%
  • Will not be voting.

13 8.23%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Same sex Marriage - Will you be voting Yes or No?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post
    Not all the ABC says can be lying, that is just a stupid, un educated comment
    Not at all. But if you want an example of a real stupid, uneducated comment, you need look no further than this one:

Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post
    You stupid old fart, take your self into the room of mirrors and give your self good flogging
    And please correct your post to quote my post properly by removing your words from the quote attributed to me. I certainly don't want anything you say attributed to me.
    Last edited by DB44; 31-10-17 at 09:44 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Splinter17 View Post
    I remember my old man getting the 308 out and putting a bull in the freezer.

The bull wouldn't do his job, he kept jumping on the other bulls, so that was that.

Then another time was a cow that just wouldn't let the bull jump on.

Same result, in the freezer....if you get my drift
    That's not actually how artificial insemination, with frozen sperm, works....

Just sayin.....

Thanks

Default Voting YES

I think it is offensive that the no vote people have to bring in homosexuality and children and toilets and schooling. What a complete load of horsepoo.
    It is about ADULTS being married. When I checked my voting slip it had nothing about allowing children to wear what every uniform they want, making children listen to gender identity talks
    Is this the best the no vote can do they are doomed to loose, as they are all cant understand the question being asked.

For the record I am legally married to we female and I identify as a male to female transgender, we have been legally married here in Australia for over 15 years.

I can read and comprehend the question on the form so I am voting YES - although I have no need to cause I am already married to my partner legally!

If you don't like what I said or cause I am voting yes - delete my account!
    Last edited by vk4aa; 10-11-17 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Added Subject!

• The Following User Says Thank You to vk4aa For This Useful Post:

Neddie (10-11-17)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,075 Times in 3,347 Posts

WHen you married you were legally recognised as male, so your wedding was legal. It is the vehemence on the part of the yes campaign that has gotten so many people off side. the tone of your post reflects this. Case in point the; . I doubt that those who voted No would be as vehemently against a business who was paid to write a "YES" message in the sky. The arguments for, and against same sex marriage have both been hijacked by the professional stirrers in the world and have done neither side any good. Most of the No voters, even those on here, have produced a reasoned approach to their position, I would that those who are for it could do so also, they are few, and far between. Our own Bazzy has been quite reasonable in his viewpoint. The fact that this thread has had 150 odd replies without being closed shows that there are reasonable people on both sides, and that we can hold a discussion on a contentious issue without degenerating into a slanging match.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

DB44 (10-11-17)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Just a small note re the No vote skywriting.

There are reports that the YES vote supporters also offered to engage the paid services of the skywriting company and the company refused to do the job.

They are the only company providing skywriting services in the region, so there was no competition.

If that's correct, then regardless of one's personal views, that's pretty unfair for a business to be biased.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    Just a small note re the No vote skywriting.

There are reports that the YES vote supporters also offered to engage the paid services of the skywriting company and the company refused to do the job.

They are the only company providing skywriting services in the region, so there was no competition.

If that's correct, then regardless of one's personal views, that's pretty unfair for a business to be biased.
    It is very unfair, but it is par for the course in this debate. Qantas. Coopers. The list goes on and on. Businesses have for various reasons taken a position on this issue when quite frankly they should keep out of. Threatened boycotts and the like place companies in a position where they just can't win.

If this is true and the skywriting business is a large one, they should not have the right to refuse such a job. However, if it is a small business and the proprietor has strong personal beliefs which prevent him from taking the job, it is in the same category as the gay wedding cake debacle. There are occasions when the law is justified in making individuals act against there own strongly held principles, but they should be few and far between. I think it is a quite easy decision where large businesses are involved, but much more difficult for small businesses and even employees. Should a pilot with strong beliefs be able to decline one job or the other without jeopardising their employment?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,092 Times in 9,096 Posts

A small business operator should be free to engage OR refuse any client he/she/homosexual/trans sexual/NFI sexual chooses to engage.

If you don't want someones business, then you should be free to refuse it. If they threaten a boycott you should be free to knuckle under OR accept the consequences....

It's called living in a free society which we can still do in a stretch, even though the dark forces of legalised intolerance are slowly gaining ground.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

cobra679 (11-11-17),DB44 (10-11-17)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Now the Vote has closed (November 7th) its time to close this thread and remove the banner that infers that ALL Austech Members support the 'NO' Vote which we know they dont by the postings here.

This matter is no way finished as the Vote once counted (If a YES Vote) has to go to the politicians for their consideration to accept and approve it and draft the necessary legislation to do so.
    I cant see this happening any time soon..............
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

@gordon. The banner does not say or imply that all Austech members support a no vote. Clearly all don't. And anyone who clicks on the banner is taken to admin's thread as to why he is voting no, which includes all sorts of opinions. Do all Qantas employees support a yes vote because of their employer's stance? Has Qantas now abandoned this stance because the vote is closed? Are Cooper's now free to adopt any position they choose without fear of recriminations? I doubt admin would have bothered with an austech recommendation except that so many organisations, including some funded with our taxes, chose or were forced to take sides.

It is up to admin to decide when he wants to take the banner down. I still fly Qantas even though I disagree with their stance on this issue. I still drink Cooper's beer. Neither imply that I agree with their stance, any more than your contributions to austech do.

• The Following User Says Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

enf (10-11-17)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Uhuh........

If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (18-12-17)

Thanks

Taiwan voted NO... in yesterday's referendum

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to B52 For This Useful Post:

admin (30-11-18),hinekadon (25-11-18),LeroyPatrol (25-11-18),ol' boy (25-11-18)

• Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678