Thread: Website File Structures

Thanks

Default Website File Structures

Hey All,

So, I am shortly rolling out a web based monitoring and notification system that uses a sqlite database for login information, data storage, contact details and accounting information; and a function script that accesses my asterisk server for callout procedures etc.

What I am thinking is to put the function file and database file in a directory not accessible to to the public as added security? Or what is the normal practice for such files?

Cheers
    Gitch

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,305 Times in 783 Posts

i suppose any folder in public-html as long as the permissions are read only or low as possible
    you could also password protect the folder?
    https://www.facebook.com/philquad68

• The Following User Says Thank You to Philquad For This Useful Post:

Gitch (24-09-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gitch View Post
    Hey All,

So, I am shortly rolling out a web based monitoring and notification system that uses a sqlite database for login information, data storage, contact details and accounting information; and a function script that accesses my asterisk server for callout procedures etc.

What I am thinking is to put the function file and database file in a directory not accessible to to the public as added security? Or what is the normal practice for such files?

Cheers
    Gitch
    Yea Basically anything thats not in the public_html is not directly accessible to users , but can be called upon by your files in public_html. Password protect, also go through your permissions , read write and execute you will see a number next to the files saying 665 or 777 ect. Left click the folder and change permissions and set access as low as possible.

Ht access is also another way you could divert or disalow your declared type user string , ip or even browser from a specific file.