Thread: Jaycar programmer & 6in1 funfiles

Thanks

Default Jaycar programmer & 6in1 funfiles

Hi all

Has anyone tried loading 6in1 funfiles using the jaycar programmer combined with ICprog?
    or know of a 3rd party software that will work with the jaycar to load these files?

I trying to update my funcard with the latest 6in1, I'd have no problems normally but I've don't have the usb infinity proggy anymore.
    Democracy & Ignorance = A Winning Combination

Look Here ->
    Thanks

If your just after the standard USB Infinity Software here is the link

Thanks

thanks bigfella08

I'll download this and give a burl....although I seem to remember trying this software a few months back but it didn't recognise the jaycar or the jaycar didn't recognise the software?

but thanks again and will try...

Thanks

In case you aren't aware, you can't use the Jaycar Mk II programmer to program blank funcards, whether with 6in1 or ghostfun or anything else.

The Jaycar Mk II programmer has two modes:
    • Normal aka Phoenix mode, for sending commands to a preprogrammed card. The card can be any working card - eg a goldie running ghost gold, a silver running ausgold, an emerald, a fun card containing ghost fun or 6in1, a jupiter card, a spongebob, a titanium, a gamma, or whatever you like. So long as it has some kind of code in it that knows how to listen to commands and respond to them. Blank cards aren't able to do that; blank cards will never work in phoenix mode.
    • JDM: For programming blank PIC based cards. Use this to program or reprogram any card using a PIC processor: gold, silver, emerald etc.

6in1 hex files, as with all funcard code, are written for Atmel AVR processor which is completely different to PIC processor. The two processor types have completely different programming requirements. For PIC you'd typically use a JDM interface, which was created as a cheap way of toggling PIC pins using a serial port to generate the required voltages. The AVR doesn't require any fancy voltages and the uses a parallel port to toggle its pins.

ICProg program knows about both AVR and PIC, it knows a variety of interface types, and it also knows how to program the external EEPROMs inside a variety of smartcards. So you could update your 6in1 using ICProg but only if you have a programmer which supports funcards.

Thanks

much appreciated gw1

I had a fair idea in the first instance that I might not be able to use the jaycar proggy...but I'll have a closer look tonight at what you posted.

thanks heaps again.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gw1 View Post
    In case you aren't aware, you can't use the Jaycar Mk II programmer to program blank funcards, whether with 6in1 or ghostfun or anything else.

The Jaycar Mk II programmer has two modes:
    • Normal aka Phoenix mode, for sending commands to a preprogrammed card. The card can be any working card - eg a goldie running ghost gold, a silver running ausgold, an emerald, a fun card containing ghost fun or 6in1, a jupiter card, a spongebob, a titanium, a gamma, or whatever you like. So long as it has some kind of code in it that knows how to listen to commands and respond to them. Blank cards aren't able to do that; blank cards will never work in phoenix mode.
    • JDM: For programming blank PIC based cards. Use this to program or reprogram any card using a PIC processor: gold, silver, emerald etc.

6in1 hex files, as with all funcard code, are written for Atmel AVR processor which is completely different to PIC processor. The two processor types have completely different programming requirements. For PIC you'd typically use a JDM interface, which was created as a cheap way of toggling PIC pins using a serial port to generate the required voltages. The AVR doesn't require any fancy voltages and the uses a parallel port to toggle its pins.

ICProg program knows about both AVR and PIC, it knows a variety of interface types, and it also knows how to program the external EEPROMs inside a variety of smartcards. So you could update your 6in1 using ICProg but only if you have a programmer which supports funcards.
    Thanks for the heads up on this one gw1....it looks as though I can use ICprog in conjuction with my jaycar proggy to load the files

cheers