Thread: Optus box dieing all the time

Thanks

Default Optus box dieing all the time

Hi all

I have an Optus vision box. (IQ 2 HD) and it has been replaced about 6 months ago because it stopped working (blue light on the front. no picture) i have just gone to use it again and once again i am faced with no picture and blue button.

Is there a reset procedure for this? i have tried unplugging it for a 5 min and it still does it.

Is this something that just happens to these boxes or is something going on here?

If i need to get it replaced i think i will just cancel the service and get rid of it. i only use it when i have visitors coming over and i am getting sick of it letting me down like this.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

If there is a reset button, it should be easy to find if its there for you to use.
    Turning it on and off and leaving it as you have SHOULD have sorted things out the same as a reset button would do.

As for having a similar fault to the last one, it may have an inherent fault or it hates you............

I have no idea what its like to deal with the Optus Customer service Centre but that looks like your only choice if you have no service presently.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

ok yeah i have tried pulling power and leaving it unplugged and what not. I think at this point given that it is hardly ever used and the only real thing i use it for is to get channel 7 9 and 10. i think i will just ditch it and get the tv antenna replaced / fixed so that i can pick up tv through that. I currently use netflix through the xbox one for movies its just a Pitty the free to air can not be streamed over the internet.

Thanks

Give this windows app "Aussie TV FTW!" a try, I use it and it's great.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 Times in 490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bazzy View Post
    ...Is there a reset procedure for this?...
    Hold down the Back and Select buttons for about five seconds for a reset.
    Curious to know whether the connection is straight to the TV or via an AVR (HDMI)?
    HDMI is notoriously fickle with the Pace STBs, and if negotiation does not happen quickly, no picture or no sound results.
    EDID capture devices can be useful to overcome the problem of poor handshaking.
    "The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." - Issac Asimov

• The Following User Says Thank You to TVguy For This Useful Post:

tristen (03-11-17)