Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Austech - 20 years of annoying people and politically incorrect behaviour

Thanks

You are the best

أرسلت بواسطة iPhone بإستخدام Tapatalk

Premium Member

Thanks

20 years is a long time, congrats Admin and thanks for your perseverance over the years.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Landytrack For This Useful Post:

admin (06-10-17)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Still here but with Different nick. 10 or more years ago (Forgot ) I was "Getting Older" Yeah I still remember member "BORING"

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Yes I still remember the day we have the Private Forum for the longest and privileged member + good spot to show photos of your setup up and other.

Thanks

Congrats

• The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Cazzah For This Useful Post:

admin (07-10-17)

Thanks

Congrats on 20 years. i know i havent been here that long, but probs did visit here back in the days.

Looking at admins post on their first pc, make me remember mine.

if i recall it was a IBM 8086 (PS/2) though did have an Amiga as well

hell i even remember the pay-tv provider Galaxy, and the days of BBS, and making boxes to screw with the phone company.
    If i have helped you in anyway, dont forget to hit the Thanks button
    “If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in.”

• The Following User Says Thank You to motorolavkg For This Useful Post:

admin (07-10-17)

Thanks

Congrats for 20 years,I remember Thoic, Still got my Nokia 9500 ,and Admins old wagon is still on the road...Cheers..

• The Following User Says Thank You to CONAXLE For This Useful Post:

admin (07-10-17)

Premium Member
    Thanks

congrats on the 20th Anniversary and everyone that has shared thier knowledge

• The Following User Says Thank You to harryt For This Useful Post:

admin (07-10-17)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 317 Posts

Congratulations to Austech, Admin and the mods who run and administer this place. I first joined around 2002 when the "goldie" was popular. I read as much as I could on the subject so I wasn't tied to the "sellers" apron strings. I bought the Nokia 9500 and with the help of the crew here, I was keeping my own cards updated. I have seen many members come and go. I seen them go in a blaze of glory when something or someone has upset the princess, others go quietly, Don Benosee for example, fade away never to come back, other pass away which saddens those here who will put their sorrows in writing or others who just remember while staring at the screen after they have read the bad news, and finally those highly opinionated individuals who come in quietly and are very helpful, and also sometimes give away gifts to earn respect, but then turn into demons when thinking others may have a differing point of view and cannot accept it. Those people most of the time eventually get shown the door. But all in all, while I don't post on a regular basis, I come here nearly everyday to see what you people, admin, mods and all, have on your minds. Well done and thank you to Andrew especially for the hard work you have done and mate, I couldn't put up with the stuff you have gone though.
    Last edited by Keith; 07-10-17 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Spelling
    You can learn alot using Google, and the search button.....

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Keith For This Useful Post:

admin (07-10-17),mtv (07-10-17),OSIRUS (07-10-17),tristen (07-10-17)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CONAXLE View Post
    Congrats for 20 years,I remember Thoic, Still got my Nokia 9500 ,and Admins old wagon is still on the road...Cheers..
    #### ! Did I give you that ?? It was in the period when I was on 200 mgs of Opiod drugs a day.

It was only this week my daughter was bitching to my wife about the shit car we got her when she got her licence and I was thinking back through the cars we had and trying to work out what car she was talking about and what happened to them all. I could not remember what I did with that one....now I know

Good stuff, it wasn't a bad little bus. I got it off my sister in law who ripped me off as they sold it to me knowing it had a cracked section on the overhead cam which cost me a fortune to fix. It caused a big family fight.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Congratulations to Austech, Admin and the mods who run and administer this place. I first joined around 2002 when the "goldie" was popular. I read as much as I could on the subject so I wasn't tied to the "sellers" apron strings. I bought the Nokia 9500 and with the help of the crew here, I was keeping my own cards updated. I have seen many members come and go. I seen them go in a blaze of glory when something or someone has upset the princess, others go quietly, Don Benosee for example, fade away never to come back, other pass away which saddens those here who will put their sorrows in writing or others who just remember while staring at the screen after they have read the bad news, and finally those highly opinionated individuals who come in quietly and are very helpful, and also sometimes give away gifts to earn respect, but then turn into demons when thinking others may have a differing point of view and cannot accept it. Those people most of the time eventually get shown the door. But all in all, while I don't post on a regular basis, I come here nearly everyday to see what you people, admin, mods and all, have on your minds. Well done and thank you to Andrew especially for the hard work you have done and mate, I couldn't put up with the stuff you have gone though.
    Thanks very much Keith. I appreciate your post.

You are so spot on in regards to members and how they leave its quite spooky But you have seen almost as many as me.

Yes, I also thought "the don" would go in a blaze of glory but he just faded away. From memory someone said he decided to do some further education or something ? If so, good on him. I definitely disagreed with him on many things, however he was a quite intelligent bloke so I did give him some respect as he wasn't your average troll just out for a stir.

I think we saved many people a lot of money in regards to the sellers (cards). They were making a fortune everytime Foxtel changed the coco (Country Code for those that weren't around.......they could knock pirate cards out by changing a 3 letter code, ie XVG) and sellers were pocketing $50 for 5 seconds work. Our server used to almost melt when it happened as everyone immediately got on here to find out what the new coco was. Of course we couldn't just tell people, we would have to at least make peOPLe read the posts to find a 3 number code that stood out

I heard of sellers who just programmed a new batch of cards and their customers would just swap the old for new for a $50 fee.

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Keith (07-10-17)

Thanks

Well done Austech on 20 years!!! As a not very frequent user I appreciate all the help and advice that I've been able to get from the different forums on all sorts of radio/comms problems and solutions. Here's to the next 20 years!!!:

• The Following User Says Thank You to Jester For This Useful Post:

admin (08-10-17)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,360 Times in 678 Posts

Joined May 2002, and was soon silently in awe of a very quiet member called Ghostaman and trying to make sense of a document called ActivateV11.

Many members helped me out back then, many have since 'gone dark', one noteable exception would be WhiteOx who guided me as a newb, and is still active on the forum.

Of course the biggest cheers to Admin/Sanity/Andrew67 for keeping the site plugging along despite the dramas over the years.

All the other Mods get a shout-out too.

Here's a couple of pics I took this afternoon of my old Austech shirt. I should have cut it up for the rag-bag years ago, but I can't bring myself to do it (much to my wife's amusement).

Last edited by Onefella; 07-10-17 at 08:31 PM. Reason: atrocious spelling

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Onefella For This Useful Post:

admin (08-10-17),Keith (08-10-17),LeroyPatrol (18-10-17),mtv (07-10-17),OSIRUS (07-10-17),WhiteOx (07-10-17)

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Onefella View Post
    trying to make sense of a document called ActivateV11.
    So how did ya go mate, get it figured out yet?

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteOx View Post
    So how did ya go mate, get it figured out yet?
    Yeh, mostly. Thanks to you, Far_Call, ssrattus, and others.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Onefella For This Useful Post:

WhiteOx (08-10-17)

Thanks

20 yrs who would have guessed that things would still be running.

quite an achievement and you should be stoked you have done well .

only problem i see with this thread is that it reminds me of how old i am

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fandtm666 For This Useful Post:

admin (08-10-17),LeroyPatrol (18-10-17),OSIRUS (07-10-17)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fandtm666 View Post
    only problem i see with this thread is that it reminds me of how old i am
    I see you've updated your avatar accordingly.
    Last edited by Onefella; 07-10-17 at 09:08 PM. Reason: irony

• The Following User Says Thank You to Onefella For This Useful Post:

admin (08-10-17)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,445 Times in 955 Posts

Great to see an old face like fandtm666 again ....... I remember that avatar from a long time ago ...

Would be great to hear from Ghostaman ..... I was in awe of this guy after reading his body of work years after he stopped posting (A legend in irdeto 1 (Goldie, Silver, Emerald & Fun) card programming & other stuff too ...)
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OSIRUS For This Useful Post:

fandtm666 (07-10-17),Keith (08-10-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OSIRUS View Post
    Great to see an old face like fandtm666 again ....... I remember that avatar from a long time ago ...

Would be great to hear from Ghostaman ..... I was in awe of this guy after reading his body of work years after he stopped posting (A legend in irdeto 1 (Goldie, Silver, Emerald & Fun) card programming & other stuff too ...)
    yeah been a while mate good to see your still kickin around and yep have had that avatar for yrs

• The Following User Says Thank You to fandtm666 For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (07-10-17)

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    #### ! Did I give you that ?? It was in the period when I was on 200 mgs of Opiod drugs a day.

It was only this week my daughter was bitching to my wife about the shit car we got her when she got her licence and I was thinking back through the cars we had and trying to work out what car she was talking about and what happened to them all. I could not remember what I did with that one....now I know

Good stuff, it wasn't a bad little bus. I got it off my sister in law who ripped me off as they sold it to me knowing it had a cracked section on the overhead cam which cost me a fortune to fix. It caused a big family fight.
    I tried to fix the engine but its unrepairable. Luckily,one friend wiped out his imported luxury model Camry about a month in August 2010.I took all the accessories off (alloy wheels,seats,radio,nudge bar,roof racks)and the engine and transmission and bolted it on the wagon.It is a great car,I only replaced the 2nd transmission in 2013.Lots of trips at Bunnings and handy for the tools and loading C-Band satellite dishes that I collect from people that don't want it no more.Last I might do is get my mate to respray the faded and flaking paint on the roof.I cant believe how reliable and comfortable to drive and I given thumbs up compared to my other Wagon...
    Last edited by CONAXLE; 08-10-17 at 12:04 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to CONAXLE For This Useful Post:

admin (08-10-17)

• Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast