Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Austech - 20 years of annoying people and politically incorrect behaviour

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Given the age of this thread... we are now approaching our 22nd birthday.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

And to make sure it keeps going I just renewed my premium membership.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

mtv (31-05-19),OSIRUS (13-06-19)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    And to make sure it keeps going I just renewed my premium membership.
    Much appreciated, Leroy.

A lot of members don't realise that Premium Membership is the ONLY income we receive that keeps Austech operating, so it's a timely reminder for others to consider it.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

gulliver (05-06-19),LeroyPatrol (31-05-19),OSIRUS (13-06-19)

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

And to make sure it keeps going I just renewed my premium membership. Don

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hinekadon For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (31-05-19),mtv (31-05-19),OSIRUS (13-06-19)

Thanks

I remember a small group who did what was thought to have been the impossible. And today, it seems the impossible is still being done!
    Member since March 2002 and still in the Blue

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

Where have you been AceR, it's been a long time?

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Hi Rimmer!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

i spent nights and mornings learning stuff from you guys, then the crash,gold card era thanks austech and all the members that interacted and shared.

Thanks

It’s been a long and enjoyable ride. I’ve meet a lot of good friends here. Gained a lot of knowledge and hopefully was able to reciprocate. Congratulations to all. The hobbies have changed over the past 20-30 years I’ve been involved. It’s been great fun.

Thanks

i first came here looking for help to set up a 3mtr dish many many years ago..Starting using it for many computer help ..

Thanks

Red face

Wow its been a while since I've had a look in here and checking out this thread has brought back quite a few memories.
    Trying not to feel old, lots of things have come and gone. Glad to see Austech hanging in there as well as Admin and many other familiar names.

They were pretty heady days for lots of reasons and I'm making myself a promise to try and return regularly.

Down here in Vic it's pretty crap at the moment so it might be a welcome distraction.

Circuit

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Good to see this thread is still occasionally getting a post. I am no longer regularly active on the forum, I just drop in from time to time and deal with the odd helpdesk ticket though mtv has usually done it before I get to it.
    I am not blowing my own trumpet here, but obviously my lack of posting in recent years has resulted in a drop off in the amount of content. As a community, it's up to members to post and it would be good to see more technical posts rather than General Chat posts. I still play around with technical things regularly, but in all honesty I can't be bothered posting a great deal as there is usually someone who will still manage to have a moan/complain/argue in a technical thread....you would think it unlikely but it still happens. Perhaps we should just introduce a zero tolerance approach for technical threads, realistically I can't be bothered if we don't. General Chat unfortunately still seems to end up with a pile of leftist inaccuracies or outright lies which simply bores the #### out of me.

The problem with lefties these days is that people for some reason listen to them. Which is a waste of time as their philosophy is that they are always correct. You could have a red balloon and they would say it's blue. You could state that it is quite clearly red, and they would say that Rupert Murdoch has brainwashed the public in to thinking it is red, when it is in fact blue. And on and on we go.

Obviously social media has grown to huge levels which has heavily impacted forums and the amount of members and posts. We only just make costs, and that is thanks to the people who are Premium Members. I know there are some who are no longer active on here, or barely active, that still pay us $20 a year because they don't want to see us close as the oldest Australian tech forum on the internet. While I enjoy the fantastic reliable hosting that we have on a VPS, they still are not cheap (though a lot cheaper than a dedicated server) and should our finances get worse we would be looking at going on to the cheapest option which is shared hosting. I don't know if I would even contemplate doing it, at that point you might as well close up. So please remember - for the site to keep going in the future we need active posting members and we would like to see a greater emphasis on some content outside general chat as well as paying members.

As a kick start, I am going to create 2 or 3 threads on technical topics that I have played with in recent times. I can no longer sit and post for long periods of time without pain killers, so I can no longer guarantee when I come back to threads. But I will make an effort on a few and hopefully stimulate (or shame) some members in to doing the same.

It's hard to believe I had a 2 (just) on the front of my age when I started this site......it now has a 5.

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

ammlione (19-12-21),harryt (25-12-21),hazman (14-11-21),lsemmens (13-11-21),tristen (20-01-22),wotnot (13-11-21)

• Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789