I'm using a Toshiba Satellite with Win7 Home Premium 64bit - been using it as my 'net machine for about the last six years - occasional issue which has been rectified by the use of either Rollback or Reflect.

About four days ago, the machine suddenly started belting out a repetitive series of about 4-5 tones (roughly resembling some sort of tune) at about 0750.

Nothing I did would stop it, and the volume was independent of the Win volume control.

On the first day it popped up time and time again throughout the day.....even when the computer was asleep.

Since it had only just started, I did a Rollback to Sept 27 (back about 5 days at the time)....and all seemed to be well.

But next morning away it went again......starting at around 0750, runs for about 30-40 seconds, and repeats two or three times at about five minute intervals....then nothing for the rest of the day until tomorrow morning.

I've run current Norton, and current Malwarebytes, and nothing is detected.

I've got Reflect images back to late August, and Rollback snapshots back way further, but before sending my computer back to the Middle Ages, I was wondering if anyone recognizes the symptoms?

Is there some sort of system alarm I may have inadvertently set, or does this have all the classic symptoms of a virus.

I generally only visit the same few legitimate sites each day, although I did visit a few foreign satellite sites about a week ago looking for some info.

In the same time-frame I also downloaded and tried out a few freewares designed to save scrolling pages of websites, but none of them worked satisfactorily, so they've been removed and discarded.

Any thoughts?