Thread: RCD Tripping while washing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default RCD Tripping while washing

Hi All

I have one of the old 30 year old belt driven Whirlpool washing machines, it will usually get through a cycle no issues but i am finding that sometimes when it goes from agitate to pump (this is when i see it happen) it will trip the RCD breaker. the odd thing is when it does this i have noticed that even turning the machine off by pushing the timer back in it will trip the RCD i am perplexed as to what could be causing this. the machine otherwise works fine.

There is an issue with the spin cycle being weak but i think that is likely caused by the clutch being weak

i have gone over it looking for leaks but can not find any. all the electrics are dry.

this RCD tripping seems to be random as to if it will happen or not. for example it tripped then i let it stand for a bit and after i was able to plug it in and it went through two cycles no issues.

Is there a way to find the cause?

I have tried to post this on a forum in the us where they repair similar machines but they just deleted my thread and said to ask in Australia then deleted my post and account so i have also learned that Americans really are that arrogant.

Regards

Barry
    Last edited by bazzy; 11-10-17 at 10:52 AM.

2. Look Here ->