Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garmin Drive Smart 61 LMT-S 7 Inch GPS Unit

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Surething View Post
    It's no problem to have both the map embedded POI and a dedicated Schools zone POI as well. The worst that can happen is that you'll get duplicate alerts competing with each other [that can drive you a bit bonkers but better than no alert].

The *.gpi files you can download free from the internet to put in the POI folder won't be time sensitive, so do alert mindlessly and annoyingly whereas the ones from the map are correctly alerted morning and afternoon according to the time set on the device.
    Yes I removed all my Custom POI and started again but this time NO SCHOOLS POI. I had two more Undates from Garmin and 1 more Firmware update. After this I decided to go for a drive with my daughter and I selected 10 schools in our area After 2PM and ALL of them gave me the Alert. Now I would say these schools are all fixed and work.
    Yesterday Morning I tripped over 3 files that somehow found themselves in my email account and they were RED Light Camera, Red Light and Speed Cameras and Proximity Camera for ALL of Australia. WOW All of Australia So to test to see if they have the cameras that I know either RED Light or one Red light and Speed ( new One only 7 months Old) I used the FIND function on excel and found them. Now I used POI Loader and stuck the Lot of them (around 1600) in my Garmin and after I done this I now have a new Option in the Garmin Called CUSTOM POI under Driver Assistance/Proximity Alerts/Alerts and in here i now have the NEW Custom PIO's with a green tick on the right hand side. Now I will forget the Cyclops Option as by the Look at it it will not be needed ( will test soon on the known sites). Also I was told in the email with the three files I can have WAV files Saying "Schools slow down" or "Red Light Camera" Or "Red Light Speed Camera" Or the same with Vulgar Language LOL.LOL.LOL. There are some Smart people out there. On last Monday I know nothing about these GPS's and now a lot more.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 31-10-17 at 10:50 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    Yes I removed all my Custom POI and started again but this time NO SCHOOLS POI. I had two more Undates from Garmin and 1 more Firmware update. After this I decided to go for a drive with my daughter and I selected 10 schools in our area After 2PM and ALL of them gave me the Alert. Now I would say these schools are all fixed and work.
    Yesterday Morning I tripped over 3 files that somehow found themselves in my email account and they were RED Light Camera, Red Light and Speed Cameras and Proximity Camera for ALL of Australia. WOW All of Australia So to test to see if they have the cameras that I know either RED Light or one Red light and Speed ( new One only 7 months Old) I used the FIND function on excel and found them. Now I used POI Loader and stuck the Lot of them (around 1600) in my Garmin and after I done this I now have a new Option in the Garmin Called CUSTOM POI under Driver Assistance/Proximity Alerts/Alerts and in here i now have the NEW Custom PIO's with a green tick on the right hand side. Now I will forget the Cyclops Option as by the Look at it it will not be needed ( will test soon on the known sites). Also I was told in the email with the three files I can have WAV files Saying "Schools slow down" or "Red Light Camera" Or "Red Light Speed Camera" Or the same with Vulgar Language LOL.LOL.LOL. There are some Smart people out there. On last Monday I know nothing about these GPS's and now a lot more.
    Be aware that your custom POIs regardless of source and how recent they appear are unlikely to be as up to date as Cyclops. Other camera data is usually 'crowd sourcing' based, might be inaccurate where recent cams aren't included and old removed ones haven't been removed. Additionally, and this is the biggest bug-bear for me, all of them including the much respected SCDB give false alerts because they're not directional. They alert radially so no matter which direction you approach the camera it will alert. This will explain:

• The Following User Says Thank You to Surething For This Useful Post:

Tiny (31-10-17)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Surething View Post
    much respected SCDB give false alerts because they're not directional. They alert radially so no matter which direction you approach the camera it will alert. This will explain:
    Yes the two camaras our way are only one directional on the Garmin and that very good but if the other via my Camera POI are both direction so be it. It better to get a Buzz instead of getting nothing. That a very good Video and explains it very well. Very few Red Light and speed cameras together and that lucky but I can see that the greedy Government will have a lot more in the Future and its just as well I don't drive lots today.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    Garmin Drive Smart 61 LMT-S 7 Inch GPS Unit

Does anyone have this unit As I would like to know MAINLY how it works for alerting you from Speed Camera, Red Light Cameras, Speed limits, Schools Speed Zones Yeah how do they preform for these issues,

Also This above unit using blu-tooth, Can you pair this GPS unit to your cars blu tooth System so you can alert you on the Cars screen which is larger (our VF Commodore has the My Link system).
    Thanks
    Morning,
    Just bought one while in the US (Dec 2018). Works great tells you of speed cameras, speed reductions, school zones and even upcoming bends in the road. Love it. With larger screen it is not cluttered. Didn't play with the bluetooth as I was in a rental car.

Nifty

Thanks

Forgot to add $US199 ($300 Au) at Wally World (Walmart) in Las Cruces New Mexico. See how much they rip you off for buying it in Oz. Be interested in what the Oz price is

Thanks

Purchased mine from johnny appleseed in july 17, paid $333 but came with $50 caltex fuel voucher so worked out not to bad at all.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12