Thread: Telstra Cable IP switched from Melb To Brisbane? Plus Dramatic Speed Loss?

Thanks

Default Telstra Cable IP switched from Melb To Brisbane? Plus Dramatic Speed Loss?

Hi everyone, My IP Address at home has changed from a Melbourne one to one in Brisbane... (I know it is supposed to be dynamic but really... from southern australia to northern?) and therefore we keep getting Ads for Brisbane and our speeds have dropped dramatically with our download from around 119mbps which is now around 40mbps (Cable with a speedboost pack on) and an upload speed that varies between 0 (nothing) and 0.05. This keeps happening on Multiple devices and have called up the Bigpond support team several times on 133 933 and have been through all the line resets and modem resets and we have had a Technician come out and say it has happened to other people in our area but he said there is nothing to worry about and if we change the Speedtest region to "Melbourne" our internet will go to Melbourne.. That is complete crap because that just changes the region of the test to Melbourne therefore everything else is still going to Brisbane. I would like to ask if anyone would know of a potential fix to this problem or if there are any Telstra representatives that reside here who would be able to Investigate this issue further for us.

Cheers

-DJ Cazzah

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks

I'm also a cable client,.. and Melbourne. My speed is usually around 80Mbps/2.5Mbps.

Not sure when this switchover happened,.. I'm guessing it late October as I had some issues with an OpenVPN client connecting to a VPN provider then.

LOL @ the "change your Speedtest region and it'll redirect your internet traffic" comment.

• The Following User Says Thank You to jimbo123 For This Useful Post:

DJ Cazzah (09-11-17)

Thanks

Default Yay

The problem has rectified itself over night some how and my IP is back to the original one i believe! Although the Geo IP sites still tell me Brisbane although they would probably be outdated however I am now getting Melbourne Ads, Speedtest.net says Melbourne is closer now and also my speeds are back to normal. It lasted for a week and a half and after corresponding with Telstra Broadband Customer service on 133 933 speaking to people in the Philippines with no answers I got nowhere so I think the Techie must of reported it to Telstra as a problem as he said other people had the issue and now it is back to its normal feisty self

EDIT: I'm pretty sure it was happening only in the Northern Suburbs. Speedtest now gives me an average of 115.18 mbps download and 2.24 mbps upload.

-DJ Cazzah
    Last edited by DJ Cazzah; 09-11-17 at 10:10 PM.