My home network consists of approx 13 devices, mostly connected wirelessly. There are only three devices connected by wire, My printer, My MediaServer and Wife's TV (PC connected to it). Printer is always visible. The Media server is visible to all devices most of the time. It occasionally disappears and a re-start usually fixes that. Wife's TV however resists all attempts to allow others to see it on the network. (I did have it visible for a short time a couple of weeks back, but it has disappeared again.) She has been watching a Series that is stored on the MediaServer and suddenly the Server has disappeared from her network places. It can still see other computers and the printer on the network but not the media server, what's even weirder, she cannot even see herself in Network places.

As far as I can tell all shares and permissions are set up identically, and we should be all part of the same domain. All computers are identically configured as far as security, firewalls, and sharing is concerned. All machines are running variants of W10 64bit. As I said, the media server sometimes drops out of sight, but that usually rectifies itself, and Wife's TV only rarely is visible. At no time does any of this affect internet connectivity of any of the machines.

Why would it only be the wired computers that are displaying this issue? Any suggestions, polite or otherwise would be appreciated. (I tried turning off all security on Wife's device to no effect. (If I perform a full re-load, I can almost guarantee it will resolve, but I need to find the cause, or I could be back with this issue again).