Thread: 2017 Garmin Drive Assist 51 Can not see the uploaded waypoints

Thanks

Unhappy 2017 Garmin Drive Assist 51 Can not see the uploaded waypoints

Good afternoon,

I bought a Garmin Drive Assist 51 LMT-S from Amazon because I wanted the Lifetime US Map updates.

Have 32mb class 10 SD memory card. I created my US routes in Basecamp and using ExpertGPS uploaded them OK to the Garmin/GPX folder in the root. Put the Australian Opensource Map on the SD Card - works fine. But when I try to upload my 42 waypoints to the GPS they appear in the GPX folder (not the Garmin/GPX). But I cannot see the waypoint in the 'Favourites or anywhere else on the GPS.

I did a backup using Garmin Express and they are in .System/GPX. So I copied the temp.gpx and current.gpx there. Still nothing appears in the Favourites except my Australian Home waypoint.

I tried loading each waypoint as a separate file but still nothing. I have run out of ideas so if anyone can offer any suggestions I'd appreciate it. Garmin's user manual is about as useful as a wet toilet roll.

Nifty

Look Here ->
    Thanks

The usual location for GPX folder is the root of the device. There's probably a reason why you used ExpertGPS to load your files to the microSDHC, however you maybe could simply transfer them directly to the device from BaseCamp, or copy the present current.gpx from the card to x:\GPX on the device, first renaming it temp.gpx however.

Thanks

Default 2017 Garmin Drive Assist 51 Can not see the uploaded waypoints

Quote Originally Posted by Surething View Post
    The usual location for GPX folder is the root of the device. There's probably a reason why you used ExpertGPS to load your files to the microSDHC, however you maybe could simply transfer them directly to the device from BaseCamp, or copy the present current.gpx from the card to x:\GPX on the device, first renaming it temp.gpx however.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have used BaseCamp, direct file transfer and Expert GPS to transfer the files to the root Garmin/GPX, root/GPX, root/Garmin/NewFiles and root/NewFiles and repeated this for the SD Memory

Card at one time or an other. The files are visible in their locations but the Routes are visible in the GPS and NO waypoints. As I said, doing a backup with Garmin Express the temp.gpx is on the PC and when opened on the PC shows all the route AND waypoints. It is just that the waypoints are not visible under favorites when the GPS is shut down and rebooted. (When the same file is uploaded to my Nuvi 2557 everything is there.)

Thanks

Hard reset the DriveAssist 51 or better still clear it's non volatile memory. Back your current.gpx if you want to restore favourites later.

Thanks

Default 2017 Garmin Drive Assist 51 Cannot see the waypoints

Quote Originally Posted by Surething View Post
    Hard reset the DriveAssist 51 or better still clear it's non volatile memory. Back your current.gpx if you want to restore favourites later.
    Thanks for the info. I can do a basic reset and delete all the saved data but how do I do a hard reset and flush the non volatile memory? BTW your info is probably the best suggestions offered so far. Also I can go Where To> Address. Enter waypoint details>'i">Save Waypoint and after a long time have all the waypoints loaded but there has to be a better way.

Nifty

Thanks

Hard reset: With it fully OFF [not in standby] hold the lower righthand corner of the screen and power it on then follow the prompts.

Clear nonvol: On map page touch 'speed' field and then hold centre of speedometer for about 6 seconds to enter a hidden menu named "diagnostics page", press 'developer info' scroll down to nonvol available and select the meu bars in the top lefthand corner.
    Last edited by Surething; 20-11-17 at 06:55 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Surething For This Useful Post:

Tiny (21-11-17)

Thanks

Thumbs down 2017 Garmin Drive Assist 51 Cannot see the waypoints

Garmin has replied and their answer is so vague that it is unbelievable. They suggest it may be a factor with this model. My method is to seach for an address and when found save it. Comes up as a favourite. WTF.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nifty View Post
    Garmin has replied and their answer is so vague that it is unbelievable. They suggest it may be a factor with this model. ..........
    Lol! Garmin is just so Garmin! They seem to be making the recent Automotive models less BaseCamp frendly. Probably they want ppl to buy outdoor models for that kind of stuff as well as an auto device for usual routing, who knows?

My method is to seach for an address and when found save it. Comes up as a favourite. WTF.
    Here's another workaround to try: Save a waypoint to separate GPX file with BaseCamp and then copy the file to device's GPX folder with "anyname" but not current.gpx or temp.gpx of course. Reboot it before checking if the new waypoint/s are listed.