Thread: China ultrasonic cleaner

In the back of a 50 kW AM broadcast transmitter
    Thanks

Default China ultrasonic cleaner

Hey folks, haven't had much out of the ordinary lately but a new project has me seeking some thoughts and ideas so have a read.

I was given a 'Vevor' brand ultrasonic cleaner. The drawback is it's a 110 V model. Sure, I could use a step-down transformer but
    it's a nuisance. I prefer to have things direct connected to the mains.
    A quick search suggests they come in 110 V and 220-240 V versions, and my bet is the boards are all the same - just slight configuration and/or component changes
    between the two versions.
    I was hoping to see some jumpers or links on the board for "110/230" config, but Murphy dashed my hopes once again.

This unit is a 180 W (three 60 W transducers) type, and has two boards in the base.
    One is the main board which creates a +5V rail to power the control panel logic/switching among other duties and drives two of the transducers in series.
    The other board is a slave which drives just the third transducer.

As you can see in the photos, some of the high frequency transformers have 110/220 on them, but the 'SY' transformer on the main board only has 110.
    I've emailed the company which makes these things to ask for some technical info not expecting a reply but we may get lucky yet.

I'm wondering if anyone on here has a similar unit that's rated at 230 V and can provide me with some photos of the boards so I can see what's different.
    As with most china stuff it's made in one factory and is produced with different brand names, so there's probably other brands and models which
    use essentially the same hardware and boards etc.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

Little bit of a thread dig, but at least it proves when one uses the search function =)

Seems the OP never got an answer ; might as well attend to that, and state 220-240VAC units out of China abound now.

My -specific- question, is has anyone here had any experience with these Vivor branded units at all? (bad and good) I can't readily find any bad reviews online, but that has to be taken with a pinch of salt =) Certainly they seem to be one of a few big Made in China players in this field, and still being around possibly infers they don't make outright junk (but I also note the knockoff market is fairly rife with this equipment)

More generally, any tips/tricks about using them, whether not not to buy a bigger bath than you need (things I've read suggest more volume is better even for small loads), or what cleaner agents to use...blablablah.

TIA for any clues/words of wisdom

Premium Member
    Thanks

What I did find, was this --> ...which actually works, although click-lock bags (double lock) containing cleaning solution & parts, sitting in the water bath, works really well ; the thinner the plastic barrier, the less the sound waves get attenuated.

What did get bought, was one of these ;

Got a 10% discount on that as well, because 'item not as described'... tank capacity is ~ 8.7L not the 10L advertised (no rocket science involved, bought a 10L bottle of demineralized water from the supermarket and discovered contents didn't fit =) , and an ebayplus discount on purchase from the get go, ergo total cost was $150

For the curious, unit contains 4 transducers affixed/located under floor of tank adjacent the corners, and the driver/heater control PCBs are actually well laid out and assembled. Time will tell just how long the unit lasts, and for the most of it duty, it's going to be cleaning nuts & bolts and other small engine parts.

Coincidental secondary usage discovered!!! Most of us know just how badly these ultrasonic cleaners 'splatter' microphones with electrical noise when in use? Well that includes mobile phone mics, so if one gets a cold call or some other sort of numpty on the phone you want to be rid of, utter those famous words "You're breaking up", stand by the cleaner, and turn the bugger on -- it one of the worst annoying sounds in the earhole =)

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (08-03-21)

Thanks

I saw a youtube vid last week on one that looks exactly the same. It had 6 transducers, if I remember rightly, and they were set in 2 banks of 3. Stereo I guess.
    One bank failed. Transistors replaced fixed it.

• The Following User Says Thank You to loopyloo For This Useful Post:

wotnot (06-03-21)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loopyloo View Post
    I saw a youtube vid last week on one that looks exactly the same. It had 6 transducers, if I remember rightly, and they were set in 2 banks of 3. Stereo I guess.
    One bank failed. Transistors replaced fixed it.
    Good to know