Thread: Foxtel GO and Kaspersky conflict.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default Foxtel GO and Kaspersky conflict.

I installed and ran FoxtelGO a few times but to open the site was a pain with Kaspersky asking me to approve almost every line in the program. I had to be careful each time to make sure I didnt click on Block as the 'page' did move slightly each time.
    I never actually counted each 'click' but it was in excess of 20 times before I finally got the program loaded.
    Once it did it seemed to work alright until if I changed anything like name of program or Live or On demand, up would pop a box asking for approval.
    Now its decided that after maybe 3 or 4 'approve/disprove' requests, to stop loading and all I get is the magic circle and goes nowhere for several minutes so I have just deleted the program through ADD and Remove and unless someone one has any better ideas to try, I will try and reinstall it tomorrow.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->
    LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

I'm using Avira currently on my Media Server, and, in the past, AVG, both had no issues with Foxhell Go, sounds like Kasperky might need some tweaking, maybe to the trash can if you cant work out how to tell it that the foxhole is ok.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Premium Member

Thanks

I have reloaded it but to avail as it literally goes nuts asking for 'approvals'.
    I have GO on the Galaxy Tab and now on the new lap top and both work ok.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,305 Times in 783 Posts

im thinking maybe as its not in program files like other programs
    if you open location on the foxgo exe (icon) you'll see it resides in
    C:\Users\phil\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Silverlight\ OutOfBrowser\2704512139.foxtel-go-sw.foxtelplayer.foxtel.com.au < but your not phill
    or C:\Users\phil\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Silverlight\ OutOfBrowser\
    youll see a exe called Launcher, not that it starts the program as i thought it would, but maybe make a exclusion for it in your av.
    https://www.facebook.com/philquad68

Premium Member

Thanks

One of the myriad of box's that pop up, Silverlight was mentioned along with other things, its a though Kaspersky is literally anti virus check summing every command of the program before allowing it to run.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

I just installed it out of interest as I have Kaspersky installed.

It shows as Foxtel Go when I download it so I am presuming its the same, definately uses Silverlight.

I haven't had a single prompt, it is installed and am watching it (Sky News is free).

Its possible you have some other problem/s Gordon.

Premium Member

Thanks

I still have the problem of logging in to austech that plagued me some months ago but after the computer crashed and was 'restored', I can log in even if its unusual'
    What I do now is open Austech, click on username but I don't enter anything, press on password and that then tells me I have made one attempt to log in so I close that, go back to username, click on and enter 'g' which then shows my username, click on password without entering anything and I'm in...........
    I have to do this EVERY time on the desktop, the new laptop remembers me as does the Tablet.
    I am convinced that if there is an arse about way of doing anything, it will happen to me...........

Premium Member

Thanks

I emailed and eventually rang Kaspersky to this sorted out.
    The reply to my email setting out my problem took about 18 hours to be replied to but except for my stupidity, it was instructive.
    Being as thick as, I rang them and found out mine was not the latest version so they sent me a link to update.
    Even that had its moments as the update was set out differently to what I was expecting, ie to download something else.
    Once that was sorted, I got the latest version installed but unfortunately they didnt solve the problem.
    I rang again this afternoon and it was decided to do a 'remote' and let the operator see what was in this computer that might be causing the problem.
    I am aware that allowing this to be could be bad news but when you dont know 'How To' and there is no one to ask unless you can get someone in and pay for it.
    I have nothing on this computer of consequence that I am aware of and so far, it appears my problem has been dealt.

Kaspersky amazed me in that in less than 3 minutes and 2 button presses, I was SPEAKING to an operator who in most cases spoke good english, one I did have to ask them to repeat what they said.

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (23-12-17)