Thread: Conversion.

Thanks

Default Conversion.

Hi. Looking at the position of many people on this forum during the debate, I thought I would ask here because I think you guys would know.

Does anyone know any good ex-gay conversion therapy providers, I have tried to find one but have been unable to.

Look Here ->
    Banned

Thanks

Find a psychologist in you area and have a talk to him/her about whats been happening for you and how you feel about it. Once the psychologist is across how things are for you they are the best placed person to guide you and perhaps even refer you to someone who can assist.

Good luck

• 23-12-17, 07:59 AM

Reason
    inappropriate

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Where are you based, Bazzy? There are some good (and plenty of not so good) Church run providers. They do not necessarily "preach religion" at you either. There's a bloke called Sy Rogers who was looking at a sex conversion but now speaks about his experiences. (google would help you there) He is now married (to a woman) with children of his own. His comment was along the lines of, now that I have teenage daughters, I look at young men in a whole different way.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

Neddie (23-12-17)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Back in my mid 40's I sought counseling as I realised things were over whelming me and I didnt know what to so.
    One thing I remember from those sessions was being told that until then I had been moving forward with no view of the horizon but now, although I was still moving forward, I was looking back and and also I could see an Horizon ahead which indicated to me that my 'life' did have an end.
    That helped me accept who I was and where I was and what was happening at that time in my life.
    It didnt solve everything but the work related problems that were the prime reason for my present state of mind were none of my making and I had no control over them but come what may, I could manage them.
    This realisation didnt happen overnight but several weeks so be prepared.
    What I am trying to say is 'you' need to be happy with your self as 'you' are and be confident that any choices you make are the best for you.
    Having a supportive family around you goes a long way in helping you reach the solution best for you.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

Neddie (23-12-17),Onefella (23-12-17)

• 23-12-17, 10:47 PM

Reason
    inappropriate

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

The OP has a genuine request for help.

Any further inappropriate posts will incur an infraction.

Be nice!

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

Tiny (24-12-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

@ MTV - to me , it looked like a trolling attempt , hence my response.

Its quite clear that the majority of members on here did not support SSM , or the peculiarites of those in favour of SSM , yet the OP decides the ask the question on here anyway??

there are plenty of facebook sites available for such persons to get help or advice from.

Premium Member

Thanks

The very last place I would seek help and advise from would be here (sorry everyone) or places like Facebook, Twitter etc because none of them have the training or qualifications to do so and it is too serious a matter to seek to seek assistance in those places.
    You can ask what experiences people have had with counseling and where they may find such services and who runs them but thats as far as I would go.
    I am sorry to also disagree with VroomVroom's statement that
    Its quite clear that the majority of members on here did not support SSM , or the peculiarites of those in favour of SSM , yet the OP decides the ask the question on here anyway??
    when I am sure the poll showed otherwise along with the Government Plebesite.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

Neddie (24-12-17)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    @ MTV - to me , it looked like a trolling attempt , hence my response.

there are plenty of facebook sites available for such persons to get help or advice from.

Firstly, it's the job of admins/moderators to deal with trolling and respond accordingly... not members.

The universal rule of all forums is Do Not Feed Trolls.

If any member feels a post is trolling, report the post via the report button.

Yes, there are plenty of facebook pages and other websites that people can access, but this is a general chat section of Austech and pretty much any subject can be discussed here and has been.

If you read the OP's post again, you may hopefully see that he is not actually seeking advice from members, merely asking if members know of any professional therapy providers on the subject.

The result of a poll has no bearing whatsoever on this thread.

On the other hand, if I find out the OP is trolling and has wasted my time, I will also respond accordingly.

Back on topic now please.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (24-12-17),Tiny (24-12-17),wal1 (24-12-17)

LSemmens
    Thanks

I'm with MTV, regardless of if the question is genuine, or not. Despite the viewpoints of many members here, I would consider that the majority of them are also very tolerant of beliefs (be they religious, political, or sexual orientation) different from their own. Provided that they are argued reasonably and without attempting to denigrate the "opponent".

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

dashinson (24-12-17),enf (24-12-17),Tiny (24-12-17),wal1 (24-12-17)

Thanks

Thanks isemmens am in the Ipswich area. But I don't go to church. And no Vroom Vroom I am not trolling. I am wanting to do this because of general rejection from the family.

LSemmens
    Thanks

You don't have to go to church to avail yourself of their services. I do have a friend who is a clinical psychologist based in Brisbane, if you like I can ask her who might be appropriate to help you.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,077 Times in 9,094 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bazzy View Post
    Thanks isemmens am in the Ipswich area. But I don't go to church. And no Vroom Vroom I am not trolling. I am wanting to do this because of general rejection from the family.
    It would seem to me that the family has the problem, not you.....

Just a thought..
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Onefella (25-12-17),Uncle Fester (25-12-17)

Premium Member

Thanks

I did my Counseling through a group that was run or funded through through the Catholic Church and I am not Catholic nor during my time do I remember where it was conducted having any literature or indications relating to Religion nor was it part of my visits that I can remember.

Something I forgot to mention earlier was I had sought Counseling with another person previously and we did not 'click' at all so be prepared that you may need to look around to find someone your comfortable with.