Thread: Camera Layout Thoughts

Thanks

Default Camera Layout Thoughts

Hey guys,
    Im looking at putting some Hikvision 8mp PoE fixed lens cameras into the exterior of our property and was hoping to get some feedback on placement and number of cameras as to whether its overkill or overexpecting?
    In the real rough plan attached, i am thinking of using the Hikvision 8mp Outdoor dome with a fixed 4mm lens for camera 1 & 2, and then using the same camera but with 2.8mm lens for 3 through 6. Would this give full coverage of the boundaries or would i need to look at moving placement of cameras?
    i am also considering putting atleast one 4 or 5 mp fisheye camera into the internal of the house as there is one place that would cover all internal entry points but wont need to have another half dozen cameras wired internally.

Would love any thoughts and suggestions on this.
    Cheers Guys!

Look Here ->
    Thanks

yeah layout looks alright.

Thanks

you can look at this site and bring up your address and add a camera

move it around and add in the details to see what it is like.

it will only let you have one camera at a time and you can not add a second but
    you can move it around to see the coverage etc.

Last edited by fandtm666; 25-12-17 at 02:42 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to fandtm666 For This Useful Post:

Nate_87 (26-12-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fandtm666 View Post
    you can look at this site and bring up your address and add a camera

move it around and add in the details to see what it is like.

it will only let you have one camera at a time and you can not add a second but
    you can move it around to see the coverage etc.

Awesome, that will be fine as i can play with each one at a time albiet a little slower but will still give me an idea of what im wanted. Appreciate it mate!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nate_87 View Post
    Hey guys,
    Im looking at putting some Hikvision 8mp PoE fixed lens cameras into the exterior of our property and was hoping to get some feedback on placement and number of cameras as to whether its overkill or overexpecting?
    In the real rough plan attached, i am thinking of using the Hikvision 8mp Outdoor dome with a fixed 4mm lens for camera 1 & 2, and then using the same camera but with 2.8mm lens for 3 through 6. Would this give full coverage of the boundaries or would i need to look at moving placement of cameras?
    i am also considering putting atleast one 4 or 5 mp fisheye camera into the internal of the house as there is one place that would cover all internal entry points but wont need to have another half dozen cameras wired internally.

Would love any thoughts and suggestions on this.
    Cheers Guys!

Hi Nate

In terms of location of cameras i think you have chosen the best. but let me help you in chosen the camera models. As i am working with a national distributor of Hikvision products i would suggest that you pick the right model. Some cheaper 8MP Hikvision cameras have bad quality compared to others. If the outdoor location is covered then it is good to go with Dome, If the camera will be directly under the sun or rain then i prefer you take a Bullet Camera. If you decide to buy dome then i suggest you take model DS-2CD2185FWD-I. If bullet then absolutely go with DS-2CD2T85G1-I5. Cheers

MJ1984

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

MJ1984,

Please stop digging up old threads and pushing your company's products, otherwise you'll be considered a spammer and dealt with accordingly.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (07-07-19),tristen (07-07-19)