Thread: Best NBN Deals

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Default Best NBN Deals

I thought this thread might be worthwhile as a sticky. If you see a good deal, please, post it up !

Currently, Aussie Broadband has a second month free offer. You need to follow the instructions below, pinched from Whirlpool :

Aussie Broadband is pleased to announce a new Whirlpool offer following on from the success of our previous offer. We've now completed our network to all 121 POI's in Australia, offering nation wide coverage and putting us in total control of the customer experience.

So what’s the catch?

It’s only available through our online signup system, not over the phone.

This offer is available until 30 June 2018. Only one connection per premises, one trial only. We’ve built stuff in so that you can’t disconnect and then re-connect.

So how’s it work?
    You sign up through our online signup system, it will ask you all the usual questions and you’ll have the option to purchase a router if you need one, or bring your own. Once connected we will automatically credit off the first month’s fee based on the plan you have selected – thus giving you a month’s free trial.

If you don’t do anything after that, we’ll assume you’re staying on as a customer and will start billing your payment method for the next month’s usage. If you want to start out on the top speed plan and have that credited and then change your plan to a lower one before the next month, that’s cool with us. But l must stress, if you don’t want to stay, you need to cancel your account before the first month is up or we’ll start billing you from month 2 onwards, and if you want to change plans that needs to happen before the month ends too.

If you choose to purchase a router through us, have a new developments charge from nbn or other fees like that, we will bill those as soon as you’re connected. The routers we supply are not locked to any network and are certified for nbn so will work with other providers. We won’t be taking the router back if you choose to purchase one from us and then don’t continue. If you are on FTTN/B and supply your own router, it needs to be FTTN compatable.

Okay, I’m interested, what next?
    You need to complete the online signup at You’ll be asked to provide your full details and payment information – yes it’s a free trial but we need the payment details for if you stay on board with us and any once off fees like routers, new development charges etc.

It’s important that during the online signup process you enter the promo code WPFREEMONTH in the final stage of the check our process. It will confirm the free month credit to you, and it will also confirm it again in the confirmation email. This goes in the promo code field, don't worry about the referral code that's for something else.

How long will it take to get connected?
    If you have an existing FTTP, probably about 15 minutes as the order will flow through our automated systems. For FTTN/B it may be around 15 minutes if we can correctly identify the copper pair lead if you have an existing FTTN service in or it may go to manual processing. Existing Fixed Wireless users are typically anywhere from 30 minutes through to 2 days due to some manual processing on nbn’s side. For HFC we are processing all of these manually. These are the best case scenarios – worst case it’s between 1-3 working days for existing nbn connected premises or 1-4 weeks for new premises.

If you’re on FTTP or Fixed Wireless, we’ll automatically activate one of the other ports on your NTD so you can try us in parallel with your existing provider. If you’re a FTTN/B or HFC area customer then we can’t activate a parallel service so we will take over your existing one. If you’re totally new to nbn then we’ll get a new connection installed and up and running for you – just keep in mind that any new development fees, subsequent install fees or other once-off special charges will still be billed to you.

Summary
    This is a great opportunity to try our network with no obligation to continue. If you miss entering the promo code or see this offer after you sign up, sorry but no backsies, you've probably chosen to join us because you've already head about our services. This offer is designed to get the ones sitting on the fence to give it a go.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

fandtm666 (26-12-17)

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks

Also some positive movement at Telstra.

The following plans have been speed upgraded free of charge from 25 to 50 (excluding fixed wireless) and you also get a $100 credit in your third month ( on contract)

1000 gig $80 per month
    Unlimited Bundle $99 per month including Telstra Tv, 3 months Foxtel Now and a Gateway Frontier Modem with 4G backup
    Unlimited Bundle $130 including Telstra Tv, Foxtel Now or Foxtel from Telstra and a Gateway Frontier Modem with 4G backup

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Keith (06-01-18),william10 (26-12-17)

Administrator
    Thanks

Ok, just a heads up to Telstra customers.

A mate signed up about a month ago when Telstras bundle plans were 25/5. As mentioned above, they are now 50 at the same price.

I got on Live Chat ( always the best way to speak to Telstra as you have proof of the conversation) and asked for a free speed upgrade free of charge. The CSR said yes, no problem, but you need to sign up again there will be no additional cost ot charges.
    So I went through the sign up process again, and then gave the receipt number to the CSR who said he will action it as quick as possible.

The funny thing of course is that with the sign up again there is no way to deselect the modem or Telstra Tv box, so my mate gets more of them So a free speed upgrade, another new modem and another new Telstra Tv box.

Administrator
    Thanks

Telstra have removed their $100 credit offer that I mentioned a couple of posts ago.

Having said that, in my opinion they still have the best offer out there with their $99 bundle which includes unlimited 50/20, a Frontier modem with 4G fallback and Telstra TV, which is a Roku with a built in TV tuner and all catch up TV services.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 317 Posts

Telstra is sending out sweeteners to those currently without NBN but due for it. My area is due middle of this year for NBN. I'm currently with Telstra on the $99, 1000gb, Foxtel ADSL 2+ deal. Received an email only a month or so ago telling me I now have unlimited download "because I'm a good customer". Can only assume it's a "remember how we looked after you when you get the NBN".
    You can learn alot using Google, and the search button.....

Administrator
    Thanks

Just an update in getting the speed increase.....

My other mate who also signed up for the bundle on 25/5 asked me if I could get the upgrade for him.

I did exactly the same as last time via Live Chat and very surprisingly, they just did it there and then. So obviously the CSR who did the first one was either lazy or did it incorrectly. So yes, there is no problem at all getting the speed upgrade for free but you should not get another modem or Telstra Tv box.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

@admin. Thanks for the thread. I was enjoying Optus Cable in Sydney but now I'm mostly on the Gold Coast I've been stuck with TPG ADSL2+ which varies between 4 and 5 MBPS Download Speeds. NBN is not available until at least late this year, but Telstra Cable is. Unless there are any better suggestions I'm planning to sign up for Telstra Cable on the $99 unlimited plan, which I can convert to NBN when it finally does become available. All other providers I have looked at including Optus offer either ADSL or nothing at all. I've also tried Mobile Broadband which seems to vary significantly in speed from about 5MBPS to 16MBPS but can also get a little flaky from time to time when used for long periods with Desktops/Laptops and tV Boxes.
    Great for holidays but right now Telstra seems like the only viable option for reasonable speed, and by the time I take off line rental on my current phone starts to look like a pretty good deal. And of course the package converts to NBN and, at least at the moment, seems to represent a good deal.

Telstra seem to have gone from strength to strength since they got rid of their American CEO years ago. Am happy to listen if anyone has better alternatives.

Administrator
    Thanks

Its probably worth a read here in regards to Telstra Cable

They are discussing how much they are paying, as it seems you can at times con a free speed boost out of them.

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

DB44 (27-01-18)

Administrator
    Thanks

Aussie Broadband seem to want to lose customers I think, with their announcement of "sliding" prices.

As an example, I am on 100/40 1000 gig for $100. I was considering changing to 500 gig for $80.

500 gig is now $90 and 1000 gig is now $110.

They are not forcing you off plans, but changing them will cost you money.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

An update on Telstra. I have just ordered the $99 broadband bundle with phone. It will initially be cable and obviously move to the NBN eventually. A Telstra store visit was a failure, with no concessions offered. However, ordering by phone resulted in a waiver of the installation fee and unlimited local, national and mobile calls being included. The latter is apparently an offer open until 26 Feb though it is not showing online and was not mentioned in store. Anyone's guess as to whether you would get it if you didn't ask for it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Aussie Broadband seem to want to lose customers I think, with their announcement of "sliding" prices.

As an example, I am on 100/40 1000 gig for $100. I was considering changing to 500 gig for $80.

500 gig is now $90 and 1000 gig is now $110.

They are not forcing you off plans, but changing them will cost you money.
    yeah just got an email letting me know that if i dont want to change
    they will grandfather my plan and will remain at the $100pm for the 1000gig

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

While I will never see ADSL and all those fantastic allowances and reasonable charges, There has to have been a reduction in costs of data because the NBN/SkyMuster Internet recently upgraded their data allowances by 30GB (15 GB On Peak/ 15Gb OFF peak) per month at no extra cost.
    While this 30GB may seem miniscule to those with multiple 100's of GB per Month, but to those of us on Wireless or Satellite, this is fantastic.

I am looking at changing from a Telstra Mobile $1 per Minute Call SIM to one from ALDI at $15 a Month with UNLIMITED CALLS !!
    How the hell can they offer that???
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    I am looking at changing from a Telstra Mobile $1 per Minute Call SIM to one from ALDI at $15 a Month with UNLIMITED CALLS !!
    How the hell can they offer that???
    Telstra are ripping you off!

• The Following User Says Thank You to jgm For This Useful Post:

gulliver (07-02-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks

I've been using the Aldi $15.00 plan for a year now with no problems.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I bought this SIM just as they were closing the CDMA system down and unless I went on a 900 year plan for a million dollars, this was the only option for a prepaid.
    The other factor was that the SIM has a 12 month life as we simply dont use it except if we were out and we needed to call for assistance.
    The phone has sat with under $20 credit for many months but because I cant get out and about too often , my Wife has been doing everything like shopping and Bill paying so she has been using the mobile to check if I am OK if I am not with her.
    Its only because I got an auto message telling me the Credit was low is how I found out what the cost per minute is.
    Also the part of the Telstra Network that ALDI uses wasnt the best here but that has changed too.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Administrator
    Thanks

This is an NBN thread, not a mobile provider thread. Back on topic please or start a new thread elsewhere.

Administrator
    Thanks

Telstra are now offering a new modem to new customers. The Gateway Frontier has been retired and replaced with the Telstra Smart Modem.

Like the Frontier, the Smart Modem has a built in 4G card. So if your internet connection drops out, it will fall back to 4G restricted to 6/1 mbps. As your phone now runs as part of the NBN, it protects you from losing your phone line in a drop out.

I got one off a mate last week and had a play. Even though I am with Aussie Broadband, the 4G fallback worked perfectly. This was NOT the case with the Frontier.

Outright price has also dropped substantially, the Frontier was well over $300 while the Smart Modem is just over $200. As long as the 4G keeps working for non Telstra customers, its not a bad modem option, particuarly as they will soon end up on Ebay very cheap due to the huge amount being sent out. Telstra now has 50/20 as their default speed on all contract plans.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

DB44 (06-04-18),Guiseppe (06-04-18),mtv (06-04-18)