Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best satellite to aim for in Perth

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rik van der Velde View Post
    Thank you B52, mtv, carjackma & Mr 672A!

According to website, as well as Intelsat 19, 166E, has BBC World News Asia Pacific at 3900 and 3940, MPEG-4/HD2 with PowerVu and also PowerVu+

Now I understand PowerVu was a way of encryption, but am I right to assume that little receiver, the FreeSat V8 Golden Box (dirt cheap by the way),

would make anything with "PowerVu" visible without further trickery? How about the AFN stuff on ?
    Yes it should open powerVu no trickery needed Yes opens AFN and BBC etc .Freesat have a forum at for questions and support.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to carjackma For This Useful Post:

Rik van der Velde (02-01-18)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

How about the AFN stuff on ?
    Hey my friend, after speaking to us you will need 6 dishes just to start your hobby as Inter 18 AFN is available if you have a Power Vu box. It LHCP but the normal Cband LNB (linear) that has V and H can get it on a 3.0 M dish. Some get it on a 2.3M dish with the wrong LNB.

Thanks

I would also look at 68.5e from Perth as well. I have the Skybox and the Manhattan STB's.

Both have good systems however the Manhattan firmware is upgraded by wifi so no need to download the firmware.

These boxes also do Biss and the Manhattan is better as you do not need the SID key just the CW. 166e also has good channels on Biss as well.

AS5 the best for sports on biss.
    IF EVOLUTION WORKS, WHY SO MANY IDIOTS?

Thanks

upgraded by WiFi.... awesome, no more downloading on a stick, less futzing around, great!

Thank you carjackma, Mr 672A & irdeto2engineer!

68.5E, that would be Intelsat 20, looks like a elevation of 27.4° from where I am in Western Australia.

The footprint picture for 68.5 seems to ignore Australia, wonder if it would still work?

Anyone else in Perth who can tell me how they go with that one, 68.5E I mean? Looks like there is NHK World,

BBC World News South Asia, and lots of Indian stuff on Intelsat 20

So does the Manhattan RC-1978 have a similar de-coding power to the previously mentioned Freesat V8 Golden Box,

including any updating done by WiFi?

The title of my post is "Best-satellie-to-aim-for-in-Perth" btw, how do I edit that typo?

With so many unlocked channels and very little space in my back garden, I may just stick to KU on Intelsat 19 & 18....

now the previously mentioned 2.3m solid minimum size, was that minimum for C-Band? In other words is the KU part of Intelsat 18/19 do-able from

Perth on a motorized 1.2 m Off Set solid dish like ?

Thanking YOU for reading this far!

• 03-01-18, 12:48 PM

Reason
    duplicate post

• 03-01-18, 07:24 PM

Reason
    triplicate post

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

On the odd occasion, the spam filter sees something in a post it deems questionable (sometimes for no apparent reason) and you'll get a notification the post is moderated, which means it's awaiting clearance by a moderator/admin.

Please do not keep re-submitting the post... as it just creates an unnecessary mess that someone has to clean up.

Just be patient and wait for the post to be approved.

Your thread so far has been all about C-Band, so all comments on dishes so far have been about C-Band (which this section specifically relates to).

If you now wish to discuss Ku-Band, I would ask that you start a separate thread in the relevant section, which in this case would probably be best in Newbie Satellite.

In the meantime, I will answer the question... a 1.2m offset dish will be more than adequate for IS 18/19 Ku.

It will be too large and heavy for a Ku Horizon - horizon motor though and would need to use a polar mount and actuator (eg: the same type ac C-Band dishes use) and I personally haven't seen a polar mount for an offset dish.

If that's the path you wish to go down, a 1.5m prime focus dish on a polar mount with actuator is a better alternative.

A smaller offset dish up to 90cm will be OK on an H-H motor.

As for the spelling typo in this thread... I'll fix it for you.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

Rik van der Velde (03-01-18)

Thanks

Thank you for the advice and for fixing the title mtv! The knowledge you have is very hard to gather anywhere else, so I'm very grateful!
    I took some links out, thinking my post wouldn't take because of them.... promise to be more patient if it happens again

I am trying to figure out my next step into FTA Satellite land, could still be C-Band! I liked irdeto2engineer's suggestion
    of Intelsat 20 on 68.5E,

still hoping there are a few Perthites on this forum who can tell me their experience with that....
    Last edited by Rik van der Velde; 04-01-18 at 08:43 AM.

Thanks

Thank you for the advice and for fixing the title mtv! The knowledge you have is very hard to gather anywhere else, so I'm very grateful!
    I took some links out, thinking my post wouldn't take because of them.... promise to be more patient if it happens again

I am trying to figure out my next step into FTA Satellite land, could still be C-Band! I liked irdeto2engineer's suggestion
    of Intelsat 20 on 68.5E, still hoping there are a few Perthites on this forum who can tell me their experience with that....

I believe you need a 2.4m on 68.5E in Perth. I am in Taiwan and use a 2.4m solid but as I will be adding a new 4.2m this week I am going to change to a 3m solid Prodelin dish for 68.5.

The bigger dish you can use the better as always. My new setup I will have two 4.2m, two 3m, seven 2.4m and two 1.8m dishes

Thanks

I've seen the picture of that nice flat roof of yours irdeto2engineer, you are deeply into it, like I am into guitars... !

On this 68.5E seems to only cover Europe and Africa, that is what makes me wonder a bit...

Internet Protocol TV (IPTV) is making people throw way their satellite set-ups here, just as I am getting more into it, funny world!

Thanks

I've seen the picture of that nice flat roof of yours irdeto2engineer, you are deeply into it, like I am into guitars... !

On this 68.5E seems to only cover Europe and Africa, that is what makes me wonder a bit...

Internet Protocol TV (IPTV) is making people throw way their satellite set-ups here, just as I am getting more into it, funny world!

You need to look at the CBAND footprint.

I use the Manhattan 6900 USB Wifi stb. You can add biss keys and with updates to firmware it keeps powervu up to date.
    Also it does not need to input the SID key as some boxes do like the Skybox. So if you have one freq for several channels using one CW but several pids like Fiji TV you only
    need to put the Freq and CW and all channels open. With Skybox I have to enter for each channel as needs to have the SID as well.

PS also with the Manhattan any firmware upgrades needed are done super fast. I have found with other stb's you are waiting for an upgrade sometimes for a long time. That's the benefit of wifi upgrades.
    Last edited by irdeto2engineer; 10-01-18 at 02:36 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to irdeto2engineer For This Useful Post:

Rik van der Velde (10-01-18)

Thanks

Hi Rik,

I am in Perth. I have just installed a 3.7m dish - with a team of four men. It was a huge job!

I had a 2.3m mesh to 68.5 Intelsat back in the early day's and you will be able to get some of the stronger tp's. A 3m mesh will do you better though - more channels than obviously the 2.3m mesh! I am looking forward to swinging the 3.7m mesh around which should improve on even the weaker one's.

Good luck.
    David.

• The Following User Says Thank You to David071 For This Useful Post:

Rik van der Velde (10-01-18)

Thanks

A 2.3m in Perth for IS20 will miss heaps needs to be bigger. Even a 2.7M solid misses heaps

Thanks

3m mesh in Kalgoorlie intel 902 through to intel 19. Have to manually swing down for 902 not worth the climb , 906 to 19 with 24inch arm. Receive all channels on intel20 but of late have lost Tp3900h22222.After big blow picks tp but no programs a skew problem I hope power way down and fluctuating other tps strong as.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 4exes View Post
    3m mesh in Kalgoorlie intel 902 through to intel 19. Have to manually swing down for 902 not worth the climb , 906 to 19 with 24inch arm. Receive all channels on intel20 but of late have lost Tp3900h22222.After big blow picks tp but no programs a skew problem I hope power way down and fluctuating other tps strong as.
    are you sure you get everything listed on IS20 at lyngsat ? theres a ton of feeds on IS20 that are around 5-6 dB on 2.7m and just not enough to lock. Can you load any of them?

Thanks

I receive 132 channels normally not scanning but have never noticed a feed so No. Anyone having issues with 3900 22222 Tp cant get a stable signal by flysat receiving landmass beam
    Last edited by 4exes; 16-01-18 at 09:49 AM.

Thanks

I receive 132 channels normally not scanning but have never noticed a feed so No. Anyone having issues with 3900 22222 Tp cant get a stable signal by flysat receiving landmass beam
    If you have 3M dish you should be able to lock signals on 3900H. If you 2.4M dish you will get only half of the channels in IS20 unless you have best LNB which will improve little bit not equal to bigger dish.

Thanks

Got skew spot on signals boom in through the arc IS 17 80% sig Qal 75% same package as IS20 3900h22222 .
    Strange only this tp has lost power used to lock on with good sig.

Thanks

Got skew spot on signals boom in through the arc IS 17 80% sig Qal 75% same package as IS20 3900h22222 .
    Strange only this tp has lost power used to lock on with good sig.

3900 H 22222 works for me in Taiwan. It's not super strong but will change from a 2.4m solid to a 3m solid prodelein next week.

Thanks

Problem sorted in my years of dementure approaching. After big blow good idea to give everything a 10 yeary going over one was remove lnb and clean throat installation done scan and programs Not noticing polarity's.Happy with normal viewing till the above. After many trips to the roof changing decoders lnb,s the prob hit me 90 deg out all's good now with stable sigs.

Thanks

Hi, I upgraded my satellite receiver box last week and my old strong srt 4669z was making a buzzing sound and producing a burnt electrical smell.

I purchased a new strong srt 4955 and i installed it and changed the system setting and ran a scan on 3700v. I am mainly concern with RTPi as that is the channel i watch most. It keeping dropping in and out and when it get bad i get a warning message saying weak signal. I am located in Perth btw.

Anyone have or resolved this issue and which settings it should be on would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I can go as low as 57e here in Perth but only service on there is British Forces TV encrypted in Iredto. MTN have realigned their beam and it is now not viewable over here.

Int906 @64e only has AFN

Int17 @66e has Sony six and Sony ESPN in powervu worth a look.

Yes Int20 @68.5e 3900 Sony package varies throughout the day from no signal in the morning to strong in the afternoon. I can not provide an answer why as other receiving station in Asia do not have an issue.

3mt mesh is min I reckon for these birds over here.

Even a 3.7mt is strugling to get the low power feed services on Int20. This is a soft form of encryption the providers use to stop non broadcasters pirating the feeds.

I Would be interested in doing a comparison with your 3.7mt aand my 2.7mt on Measat 3 as I know there is a lot just below threshold on that satellite.

• The Following User Says Thank You to cmoore For This Useful Post:

hos here (07-03-18)

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast