Thread: Troubles with Telstra's NBN? Here's one way of getting it resolved.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default Troubles with Telstra's NBN? Here's one way of getting it resolved.

I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Wow, if it was as bad as he claimed (80 phone calls) why didn't he simply just go with one of the endless amounts of other providers out there ?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Oh great... now there'll be an influx of people expecting the police to solve their Telstra issues.

Telstra stores really have bugger-all influence anyway, unlike what they used to be able to do with direct access to orders, billing, etc when Telstra had customer service centres all over Australia.

Even the field techs (almost all contractors these days as well) have to contact Telstra in the Philippines.

I do understand the bloke's frustration though.... the Philippines staff have little understanding of how things are meant to function here.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Live Chat is the best way to deal with any issue with Telstra, you get a log of the conversation which saves any he said she said problems.

Agreed mtv, Telstra stores are useless, I don't know why anyone would go to them to get an issue fixed. A lot aren't even owned by Telstra, they dont get anything out of helping you unless you are buying something there. And why would you go there after <alleged> 80 phone calls ?

Edit : Reading the last part of the story, it seems he had his internet setup and was there demanding a free modem/router and cable. They said they couldnt help, so he cracked the shits and sat on the floor while posting pictures to social media.

I was temporarily disabled at the time

I'm convinced it affected my mental health

After $3000, 100 hours on the phone and a temporary ADSL connection, Mr Dooley had had enough

Sounds like a chronic whinger. Obviously there was a major technical issue if he was given a temp ADSL connection. No idea how it cost him $3000.