Thread: NSS9 177W PBS new tag / power increase ??

Thanks

Default NSS9 177W PBS new tag / power increase ??

Hi Guys. Have been able to load PBS off of NSS9 this arvo with stable pics. Freq 4153 R s/r 2127. Using 1.8M solid dish. Zinwell LNB (single) with dielectric plate in its throat.
    Sig 93% Qal 52% on Freesat V7 HD.

New tag shows : "Guam - Am. Samoa". Was "Ch11".

Seems to have power increase ??

Cheers
    Hos Here

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hos here For This Useful Post:

bellesdad (11-10-19),hinekadon (10-10-19),Kavakid (30-12-18),Mr 672A (06-01-18)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Good Morning Folks,

This Morn now getting PBS pics on 2.3 mesh. S 91% Q 51%. Tag is "Guam - Am. Samoa". 4152 R (H) 2127. I guess they have lifted the power again. Am using Zinwell with dielectric plate in its throat.

Cheers Hos Here

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hos here For This Useful Post:

bellesdad (15-10-19),FTTP (30-12-18),hinekadon (30-12-18),jbeatty (30-12-18),Kavakid (30-12-18),tristen (30-12-18)

Thanks

Haven't looked at this bird for yonks.

Swung the dish today and blind scanned it. Picked up a lot of new channels plus the FTA American Samoa PBS that Hos mentioned (Q=50%)

The Freesat V7 won't unlock the MTN stuff, probably because it hasn't had a firmware update for a year or more. BTW, not using a polariser.
    Last edited by jbeatty; 30-12-18 at 06:08 PM.
    4.6m C band dish, numerous Strong boxes, GTsat V8 Nova and even an old BMAC somewhere ---

• The Following User Says Thank You to jbeatty For This Useful Post:

tristen (30-12-18)

Thanks

What is new there? maybe you could provide lyngsat with an update?

• The Following User Says Thank You to apsattv For This Useful Post:

tristen (01-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by apsattv View Post
    What is new there? maybe you could provide lyngsat with an update?
    Sorry so long replying. The lightning strike took out all my sat gear including the dish drivers.
    I've now replaced everything and locked onto NSS9, but I can't open the MTN channels with the GTsat V8 Nova.

Is anyone else able to view this bouquet or has the dreaded hash mode encryption finally won the day - again?
    4.6m C band dish, numerous Strong boxes, GTsat V8 Nova and even an old BMAC somewhere ---

Thanks

MTN is the one pvu service that won't open even on hash 30

• The Following User Says Thank You to wiilliiss For This Useful Post:

jbeatty (25-02-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wiilliiss View Post
    MTN is the one pvu service that won't open even on hash 30
    How about latest one hash 34?

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hos here View Post
    Hi Guys. Have been able to load PBS off of NSS9 this arvo with stable pics. Freq 4153 R s/r 2127. Using 1.8M solid dish. Zinwell LNB (single) with dielectric plate in its throat.
    Sig 93% Qal 52% on Freesat V7 HD.

New tag shows : "Guam - Am. Samoa". Was "Ch11".

Seems to have power increase ??

Cheers
    Hos Here
    Thank you I live southern Qld between Brisbane and Beaudesert and my freesat reciever will not scan it good, so what receiver are you using to scan with? To get this channel I would need a FTA receiver but wich one to get?
    Also hash 34 needs to be done
    Last edited by bellesdad; 11-10-19 at 08:57 AM.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Good Morning Folks,

This Morn now getting PBS pics on 2.3 mesh. S 91% Q 51%. Tag is "Guam - Am. Samoa". 4152 R (H) 2127. I guess they have lifted the power again. Am using Zinwell with dielectric plate in its throat.

Cheers Hos Here
    Dear hos here
    I live in se qld also on my 10 foot dish I can get hope and AFN only hope channel is clear I'm using a freesat V7s and an GT media orange and on matter how i set it up can not not get PBS at all it is FTA before i got the old PBS now none
    WAHT SATELLITE RECIEVER ARE YOU USING? please
    bellesdad

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jbeatty View Post
    Haven't looked at this bird for yonks.

Swung the dish today and blind scanned it. Picked up a lot of new channels plus the FTA American Samoa PBS that Hos mentioned (Q=50%)

The Freesat V7 won't unlock the MTN stuff, probably because it hasn't had a firmware update for a year or more. BTW, not using a polariser.
    jbeatty what reciever are you using please bellesdad, with a freesat v7s and a gt media orange no luck
    bellesdad

Thanks

bellesdad:

I use GT Media V7HD ; Skybox A1 (old CRC) & Strong 4950H - for FTA , as for AFN & MTN they are encrypt with latest #mode. I doubt that GT Media will update the # Mode again. There was a time when all the above boxes would unlock MTN & AFN but no longer. The 'cat & mouse' game is over.

I suggest you use a dielectric plate in the throat of the LNB. Make sure the dish/LNB is fully optimized. Also make sure you use a good LNB that doesn't drift with heat or lack of it.

Good luck.
    Hos Here

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

bellesdad:

I use GT Media V7HD ; Skybox A1 (old CRC) & Strong 4950H - for FTA , as for AFN & MTN they are encrypt with latest #mode. I doubt that GT Media will update the # Mode again. There was a time when all the above boxes would unlock MTN & AFN but no longer. The 'cat & mouse' game is over.
    You can blame the Chinese sellers for this because all other expensive boxes like in my case the Ultimo 4K and the Duo 2 come with factory Image (Firmware Only FTA and with Paid Subscriptions) and most Site don't talk about Piracy and are not Give me sites and on these expensive boxes you have to do your work yourself and change the Image and add the cam and that alone will wipe 95% of the population out but for the Chinese cheap boxes they clone all and get them going and all you have to do is connect the HDMI and turn the power on. The Chinese they clone other people work the cam that are used for these expensive boxes that were done for fun but not profit and gain and for people for there own boxes and that it. I have been told from the ????? ??????? site that as soon as a update is done for these Expensive Boxes weeks later they are compiled to suit for these Cheap boxes and the authors of these cams are sick and tired of the Chinese make money out of their work. Also Have been told they have the newer config to suit these expensive boxes but the compilers wont make it public.

The future is not Chinese boxes as you need a box with incredible CPU and other in there specs to get the New Improved PV and that alone will cost you up to AU $900 like my Ultimo 4K box cost me.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

syaugi (19-10-19)

Thanks

no pbs even though AFN & mtn were their usual Q70 & Q60

Premium Member
    Thanks

bellesdad:

I suggest you use a dielectric plate in the throat of the LNB. Make sure the dish/LNB is fully optimized. Also make sure you use a good LNB that doesn't drift with heat or lack of it.

Good luck.
    Hos Here
    Thanks I'm an older satellite teck and installer Thanks am using a copy of a avcom tube to convert the lnb to Right and left poloraistation I bought tube over 20 years ago this is a copy made on Australia works great, getting only these Hope 3999 freq R 90% signal good clean Picture, AFN 4055 freq L 90% signal scrambled, and MTN 4099 freq R also 90% signal but no more.
    I have ordered from the USA a Titanium Satellite C1-PLL Phase-Locked Loop LNBF will hopefully work and get all transponders I'm want to get PBS on 4152 R. even my sat finder can't get any more . New cables now soon new PLL lnb cband.
    I have
    Freesat V7s HD, GT media nova Orange and an Strong SRT 4669X

Thanks

is byu still @4192R-2644
    if so cant find it