Thread: DVB-T Modulators

Premium Member
    Thanks

Default DVB-T Modulators

Does anyone here have any advice as to where to best source a cost effective DVB-T Modulator?

I eventually want to add one of these to my collection particularly for replacing the analogue TV Modulator I currently use to share Foxtel into multiple rooms - It seems they have been coming down in price - A year or so ago, I could not find anything except for extremely expensive units. The URL below is one that would likely fit for me nowadays, a touch pricey still though for a modulator.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Excuse my ignorance but am I right in guessing what ever channel (say Foxtel 101 TV1) is being fed in to the modulator, that is what is seen on all other TV's connected to the system?
    If so, how do you change channels on your FOXBOX (iQ3) so others may be see?
    I use a set of 'Room senders' working on 5.8Ghz which I havent priced of late but I dont think they were very much cheaper than this unit.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but am I right in guessing what ever channel (say Foxtel 101 TV1) is being fed in to the modulator, that is what is seen on all other TV's connected to the system?

If so, how do you change channels on your FOXBOX (iQ3) so others may be see?
    I use a set of 'Room senders' working on 5.8Ghz which I havent priced of late but I dont think they were very much cheaper than this unit.
    Yes, whatever channel is being fed into the modulator is seen on all other TVs connected to the RF output of the modulator, I change channels using an IR RX/TX sender to change channels only i.e. does not transmit audio or video, in my case I use 2 sets for 2 additional locations

There are other ways of doing this such as with a HDMI to Cat 6 converter that has IR Tx/RX channel changer integrated, a neat setup for sharing to one other location- this gets a little unwieldy if you need more than one share as you need to have messy Cat 6 star cable runs done.

I currently use an older analogue modulator which effectively uses my pre run TV cabling in the house as well as my man shed garage ... works well the DVB T modulator would be a super bonus as I will always have digital clarity good pic and HD. In future I assume new TV sets will also not have analogue tuners (if not the case already)
    Last edited by checkitout; 08-01-18 at 11:41 PM.

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

I bought a 4 way video Balun that takes video and audio and sends it across cat5 cable. There is a built in ir back channel

Gives me control over the video audio source to 4 tv’s up to 100 m away and no loss in quality.
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,871 Times in 886 Posts

I have a blauhaus and supernet the supernet does up to 1080p same price

• The Following User Says Thank You to pheggie For This Useful Post:

checkitout (27-01-18)

Thanks

Default Sat Link 6990 DVB T Modulator

I've bought a few Satlink 6990 DVB T Modulators via Aliexpress which work pretty good.
    Provides Composite Video and HDMI Video inputs. (Pity it doesn't do Component)
    It gives you the ability to Name the Channel and also allocate what Channel number on your DVBT Lineup it will occupy.
    As well as that you also have control of its output Dbuv power... Which is good for balancing it with your remaining Off Air DVB T Channels.

Last one I bought was for $150 Au...

Cheers:

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

I also have bought and used the Satlink WS-6990 via Aliexpress.

They work very well indeed.

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,871 Times in 886 Posts

Radioparts has the biggest range of modulators i've ever seen ranging from budget to ludicrous
    check the list